LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, June 6, 2015

Grown With Love - Journal Page



Welcome back to my blog!

It's been a while again since I've had a project to post.  This one took me quite a while to complete as I had only a few moments here and there to work on it.  But here it is!  I hope you enjoy it and find some inspiration in it :-)

I had this image in my mind of a country hill with a house in the background and a girl planting something in the foreground.  I looked through my stamps and settled on the LDRS CandiBean 'Grown with Love' and the background image of this awesome 'Greenhouse'.  I think they compliment each other very well :-)

Both stamps are available in the store now.  Just click on the links above!



 
 The background is painted mostly with gelatos, over a layer of gesso, which is coating a patterned tissue paper.  I'm hoping it looks a bit like a small hill in the countryside.




I first stamped 'Grown with Love' on the journal page and then on a separate sheet of Cryogen White card stock.  I colored her skin, hair and shoes with Copics, as well as the flower and pot.  I stamped and fussy cut her hat, dress and watering can from patterned papers.  I then cut out the image that was stamped on Cryogen, adhered it to the journal page, and paper pieced her hat, dress and watering can over top.  I ended up stamping a second image of the flower top onto Cryogen, coloring it with Copics, fussy cutting it, and adhering it a bit raised onto the journal page.




This pic shows the dimension of the image on the journal page.




This is a closeup of the 'Greenhouse'.  I embellished it a bit with some red and yellow flowers and a few trees in the background.

That's all I have for today.  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Angie

Ciao!




1 comment:

Joyce said...

Beautiful!!! Love this. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails