LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, October 24, 2014

A Christening...



Happy Friday Everyone!

I'm back today with a sweet card for a baptism.  I don't often make special occasion cards like this because most of my friends have been married for years and don't have babies anymore.  But I sure enjoyed making this one.

I was asked to make a card for a friend's grandson's christening.  The first stamp I thought to use was 'Butterfly Baby'.  I really love this image.  It can be for either a boy or a girl;  it can be a butterfly or an angel;  it can be for a baby shower, birthday, christening or just because!  It's so versatile and I love that!  And guess what!  For a short time, 'Butterfly Baby' is specially priced at only $7.99 at the LDRS store!!!



First, I grabbed some of my favorite Maja papers in neutrals with a little bit of blue.  Then I painted the image very softly with TH distress inks.  
  

I layered and layered the papers inside and out.  I added tags, flowers and lace til I couldn't fit anymore on the front.  I grabbed my favorite Lovely View die and added a little texture behind the image.  Then I dug through my bins and drawers and found the metal heart charm and little white frame.  The charm had a loop on the top that I didn't like so I broke it off using some jewelry pliers.




I searched the internet for the perfect poem for the inside of the card.



Here's a close up of the card.  I am so very pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Angie 

xoxo







7 comments:

Inky Angel said...

Hi Angie,
Such a stunning card for baby christening! Beautifully colored and embellished, your friend's family will treasured it forever. Have a great weekend!
Katie

Noelle Martin said...

Beautiful, Angie :)

Only By His Grace said...

Have always loved your distress ink colouring Angie. You have made such a beautiful job of this card. Always love the colours you choose and the sentiment is perfect.
Hugs Maz

Sharon said...

I love this Angie. She is just the sweetest baby and you have coloured her beautifully. A gorgeous design.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Thea said...

Gorgeous card Angie and the poem inside is very beautiful.

Hugs Thea

pojjo said...

Lovely card, you have a very pretty blog.
Hugs from Sweden, Johanna "pojjo"

Tracy said...

I cannot believe I have only just seen this...Angie it is really very beautiful, I LOVE the colours you have gone with and the colouring is amazing xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails