LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blog Hop!


Welcome to your last stop on the

Fairytales & Fables

Blog Hop!!!

This has been such an exciting day with the new Fairytales & Fables release.  I really hope you've enjoyed yourself on this Hop.  We all had so much fun bringing it to you and showing you wonderful ways to use the stamps in this collection.  This is the absolute BEST TEAM EVER!!!!!!

I decided to do a little project with Reading Beauty.  She fits perfectly on this little moleskin journal that I received as a gift from Claudia (thank you Claudia!!!).  This journal gave me the opportunity to color with Prisma pencils again...yay!  I hadn't done that in sooooo long so it was a challenge, but fun :-)  I think the hours passed like the snap of a finger while I was huddled over this project at my craft table.  I sure do love losing track of time while crafting :-)

Here's the final project.



I very simply stamped the image with Memento on the front of the journal and went to work coloring.  Reading Beauty has the most gorgeous hair and I really enjoyed working with the color to show the depth of the waves.  It was a ton of fun to play with the dark shadow and highlights.  It's also super cute that her hair is covering one eye as she peeks up from the book that she's reading.  Super cute!!!  I just love Krista's details.

 I really wanted to incorporate the little doodle stamps from the Fairytales Sentiments set.  In this pic, you can see how I stamped a curly border all around the journal.  It's subtle, but makes it soooo much more interesting to look at.  These little doodles were designed to allow you to leave little bits of interest here and there on all of your projects.  You can use them as borders, stamp them on washi tape for a custom look, or just randomly apply them to give a little unexpected texture and interest to your project.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!!!.  You can see the detail in the pics below...




I placed a postage stamp in the upper right corner and distressed it a bit.  I added the 'xxxxxxxx' doodle at the very bottom of the stamp for just a little more visual texture.  It's just one more layer of visual interest!




Here you can see a close up of the curly border stamped around the edge.  That cute little arrow with the open hearts is also one of the doodle stamps in the Fairytales Sentiments set.  Again, it's subtle, but it draws your eye towards the image and adds just a little more visual interest and texture.  Can you tell that I'm a HUGE fan of this sentiment set!!!  LOL!!!  



In this last pic, I have used one of the sentiments from the Fairytales Sentiments set.  It is absolutely perfect for this image.  I stamped it on cardstock, roughly cut it out and distressed it.  LOVE IT!!!

Well, that is it from me!  Don't forget to head on over to the Little Darlings Design Team Inspirations blog to enter your name in the contest (if you haven't already done so).  It's easy to enter and easy to win!!!

Thank you all so very much!!!

Angie xoxo


28 comments:

Maria said...

I love it

Cherry Blossom said...

Lovely x
Lynn x

Christina C. said...

WOW.....this is incredibly stunning!
The sentiment is perfect with this lovely image. I love how your image really pops.

Eulanda said...

WOW!! This is absolutely gorgeous! What a sweet project!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fabulous project!

Cordine said...

gorgeous!
hugs
cordine

Frances said...

Love your journal, and the new stamps are gorgeous!
Hugs, Frances

Tanya S said...

Beautiful journal ! You're coloring is fabulous !! TFS

Jenny said...

I just love your book so much. So gorgeous, she is perfect <3 Jen xxx

mandy said...

Wow Angie your project is fab what a brilliant idea and a gorgeous result :)

Hugs Mandy xxx

Katie Stringer said...

Lovely project x

Boxofcolours said...

Wowee Angie, pencil looks really good on moleskin.
Hugs
Jane

Laura Love said...

Wow! This turned out absolutely stunning!

Camellia Cards said...

Love the curly stamps too and the sentiment is perfect... This is really pretty xx Hugs Clare xx

rovianne said...

Gorgeous

Louise said...

Totally gorgeous
Louise xx

Sandra H said...

Wow this is a welcoming stop having lefts comments on the other Dt's l have loved every part of the blog hop and to gain such a lot of inspiration your image is beautiful and you have coloured her to perfection everything about it is stunning xx

Riet said...

This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Beachsidelynn said...

This stamp is my favorite. I agree with you how great her hair is. What you've created with all the details is stunning. I want it. ;-)

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love how you have altered the cover of your notebook with this gorgeous stamped image, it looks stunning.

Dionne

Carla S. said...

Fantastic project, Angie! Love the image and all the cool details! Very creative design!

Lori Aragon said...

Oh this is fabulous Angie! So many great details!!!

This HOP has been fun and very inspirational - thank you :)

Chris said...

Beautiful colouring Angie and such a lovely idea to have her on your journal cover. Hugs, Chris

Vicky said...

WOW.....Angie I havent had time to blog for quite a few weeks, except DT comments but I just popped onto your blog, havnt been here for a while & I have to say that this is the most FANTASTIC AWESOME, MIND-BLOWING project I have seen.......I love it. Your colouring is out of this world sweetie & of course I sooooooo love SC but who doesn't right lol. Honestly a true masterpiece.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Psst...I will send you my addy by email hun so you know where to send this ;0)

Kathleen said...

Stunning creation Angie, I love these little moleskin books they make such beautiful gifts. This release is wonderful so many gorgeous stamps to choose from! Congrats to you and Krista
Hugs
Kat x

Teri said...

Just a stunning creation!!!! Beautifully done!!
Teri

zehra said...

wow, this is stunning and gorgeous, love it

Shazza said...

oooh I love how you have coloured this, looks fantastic x

Related Posts with Thumbnails