LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Day At The Beach...


Hey Everyone!  I'm back today with another mixed media project.  I've decided that it's my new passion since I think about it quite a lot.  This time I literally worked with a blank canvas.  I've really been wanting to work with two of my favorite Little Darlings characters:  Schmaggie and Coin Slot, and developed this idea in my head.  To my surprise it worked out beautifully on canvas!  I'm thrilled with the way this turned out!!!  I hope you like it too :-)

On a side note...Today, while working on this project, my 9 year old son decided to join me in my craft studio.  He asked me to teach him how to do a mixed media project on canvas just like I was doing.  He has done such a beautiful job so far!  As soon as his project is done, I will proudly show it to you :-)



A Day At The Beach

I started with a blank canvas and decoupaged some papers over it.  I had this sweet cloud paper in my stash so I just had to use it for the sky.  Where else could I use it?  LOL!  I thought the zig zag paper resembled waves and decided to use a beige textural design for the sandy beach.  I have covered it with many different acrylics, tinted modeling paste, rubons, stamped images, etc.  I stamped the Little Darlings Rubber Stamps Schmaggie and Coin Slot images onto Cryogen cardstock and carefully cut them out.  They were decoupaged onto the canvas and then gently painted with gelatos.  The fence was an after thought as it was leftover from a different project and just sitting on my craft table daring me to find a use for it.  So I did!  I love how it gives bit of boundary and leads you towards the water.

I really enjoyed making this project and loved showing it to you.  I would love to know that you stopped by and truly appreciate your comments.  Have a wonderful day!

Hugs xoxo

Angie



14 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

A fab mixed media project, Angie. I so want to try this but I'm kind of scared!!! Hugs, Lesley

Karita said...

WOW! I love your canvas :) Sky, sand and water - everything looks great.I have tried this mixed media on canvas few times and I´m in love. It´s fun to play with paints and textures :)

Thanks for the inspiration - looking forward to see more of these :)

Hugs, Karita

sara said...

Amazing Angie love it so much you have my address to send it to dont you !!! I uded to do this years ago makes me want to play again
Hugs Sara xxxx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Now that is clever! I love it, it's just full of wonderful details, the fence looks superb, fabulous project!!
melly. xxx

berlykim37 said...

Turned out so cute..

Susan said...

Gorgeous!! Love the scene you created and the memories it brings back....lovely! I'm dying to try the mixed media thing but I'm scared! lol I have to dive in, like your son!
Thanks for sharing your talent
Sue Brailey

Heather Valentin Stamps said...

Great mixed media project. very unique:)

Sabrina said...

Wonderful mixed media! I love how you decoupaged everything on there. It really looks like a beautiful painted painting!

Riet said...

So beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Frea said...

Hi Angie, this is so gorgeous! Love thye scene and such a pretty painting! Hugs Frea

Jean said...

WOW Angie, just love this canvas and the great job you did. Fascinating look and so real looking even though it is just lots of mish mash put together, you did a great job and all together it does tell a great story. I adore Schmaggie and Coin Slot, they are just precious!! A great project and would love to try it myself.
Hugs, Jean

Rehan Ahmed said...

Most Expensive Cars in the World, Top Concept Cars, Top Strange Vehicles in the World and Car latest hot top Wallpapers
worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

serena said...

Bravo Angie, it's gorgeous, ilike create th scene

Heidi said...

Hey Angie- this is really cute. I have also been into mixed media but have not really incorporated stamping into it yet- maybe this will inspire me. I need to get my copics out and give them some love- it has been a long time!

Heidi

Related Posts with Thumbnails