LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trimming The Tree...



Hello Everyone!  I can't believe it's been more than a month since I've posted anything!  Time sure does go by quickly.  I've been very busy with work and then spent a week in bed with a really bad sinus/ear infection.  But, now that's gone and I'm back to work again.  So much to do and so little time!  We've started getting ready for CHA in January.  That list is a long one.  But I'm sure we'll find a way to make it all happen.  We don't really have a choice after all!

I haven't had any time to craft lately, but found myself in a situation yesterday where I needed to make a card with the Saturated Canary 'Trimming the Tree' image.  I need to send one to someone and realized that I didn't have one.  So, I set some time aside today to make one.  I decided to use Mindy's digi papers for it since they're so doggone cute.  She's got several collections available in her Etsy store and they're very reasonably priced.  They print out beautifully too!


Trimming the Tree

I colored the image entirely with Copic markers.  It was so strange to have them in my hands again after a month.  It's amazing how they didn't feel natural at first.  I had to really think about what I was doing since I was sooooo out of practice.  I'm happy with the result, although the colors are a bit brighter than I had originally wanted.  I obviously grabbed the wrong shades of pink, but it was too late once I got the color down on paper.  Still, I think it turned out ok.

The papers are from Mindy's 'Christmas Memories' digi collection.  Here's what the entire set looks like.  My favorite pattern is the one with the pink snowmen.  They look like they're made from marshmallows!  Love em'!



Mindy has 2 more Christmas digi collections:  Christmas Cookies and Country Christmas.  They're super cute as well.  You should check them out.  There is still plenty of time to make some holiday cards and projects before Christmas.  And, at only $3.00 per set they're a steal!



Thank you so very much for stopping by today.  I really enjoyed showing you my card from today.  I hope you'll leave me a little note to let me know that you stopped by :-)

Hugs to you all my friends :-)

Angie


8 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

DebraK said...

So beautifully colored! Hair is PERFECT! Love the wodden tree stand, too. You do awesome work!

Linda said...

Hello Angie, sorry to hear that you have been poorly and glad to hear you are better now.

Your card is fabulous and I love the beautiful papers and the image is just adorable.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

Molecraft said...

Such a beautiful card, your colouring is awesome!
Helen x

Lou said...

Hi! such a pretty card,they are gorgeous colours together and love the SC image.Sweet papers too,pleased you are feeling better :)
hugs Lou.xx

Chris_P said...

Wow this is beautiful!!!

Bananastamper said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colours you chose and such a lovely image. Glad I found your blog!

Grenouille Greetings said...

And I just caught sight of this beauty beneath the blog hop post. Beautiful colouring!!! I love her hair! Gorgeous! Hugs, Lesley

Related Posts with Thumbnails