LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fresh Baked Pie


Hello Everyone!  If you've been following me on Facebook, then you know that we have begun construction on our new house.  We broke ground yesterday and now I need to start making the really big decisions.  This house has already been nearly 2 years in the making and it's so exciting to have finally begun this phase.  The build is expected to take about 10-11 months.  Here's hoping we stay on schedule!!!

If you follow the Little Darlings Inspiration Blog then you may have noticed that I completely missed my post on Sunday :-(  Sheri stepped up to the plate and covered my backside.  Thank you Sheri!!!  So I am taking Sheri's turn with my post today :-)

So....I have had this scene painted for nearly 2 weeks and finally found time today to put the card together.  I hadn't painted in sooooooo long and this was so difficult that it was almost torture at times.  I can't tell you how many times I nearly threw it away and started over again!  But, I powered on through and I'm pretty happy with the result.  If I were to start it again, I'm certain there are things that I would do differently.  But that's probably ALWAYS the case!  LOL!!!!

 
Fresh Baked Pie

Well, here she is!  She's got a 'Fresh Baked Pie' and she's ready for company!  Want some?  Mmmmmm....smells delish!  She is one of the lovely LDRS Cutie Pies!  I have paired her with the really great 'Wing Back Chair' and 'Table & Lamp', also from LDRS.  The combo creates such a warm and cozy 'at home' scene.  And, they were SO MUCH FUN TO WORK WITH!!!!!  When I had these designed, I wanted some background elements that would really create an in-home feeling with a little bit of whimsy.  I think they are perfect!


 
The papers are from BoBunny and, although they have a lot pink, they are very warm Autumn colors overall.  I think it's the brown and green that give it that feel.  The flowers are all from my stash.  Claudia gave me the green flowers, along with a couple of other colors, and I really LOVE them.  Thank you Claudia!!!  The ribbons are from SU and American Crafts.  I doodled the brown stitching around the scene.  The images....well, as mentioned, they are painted with DI's.  I also used a few Copics on the skin and hair.
 
Well, that's it from me today!  Thank you so very much for stopping by!!!
 
Hugs to you all :-)
 
Ciao,
 
Angie
 




9 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Fabulous card!

Loopylou. said...

too cute angie.
Hope everything goes nice and smooth with the build now hun
huge hugs Lou xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my Angie, this is gorgeous!

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Frea said...

Hi Angie, great combination of stamps, love the little scene you made. Hugs Frea

Leah Ann Gast said...

Awe such a beautiful card!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Adorable scene and fabulous card design, love it. Congrat's on the new breaking ground of your new home.

Jean said...

Simply Beautiful Angela, love the colors and the chair and lamp is adorable. The pie looks good enough to eat and your image is so sweetly colored. Great fall colors and my time of year though we don't get fall around here.. summer and slight winter thats all.. Great card.
Hugs, Jean

Eiffelgirl said...

Bonjour,

Ton blog est magnifique, merci beaucoup, et j'aimerai avoir le même style de bannière de ton blog, merci de me dire comment tu as fait.

Je suis fan de ton blog en tout cas, bravo

Estelle, France

Related Posts with Thumbnails