LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, August 19, 2012

Not a Square...


Little Darlings Rubber Stamps

Hello Everyone!  Today it is my turn to try to inspire you with something from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.  The theme this month is 'Anything but a Square', so I've opted to go for something round...a lampshade!!! I made this lampshade for CHA. I was inspired by something that I had seen a while back and thought it would be a great addition to the CHA booth.

To begin, I purchased an inexpensive lamp at a local hardware store. I then made a trip to the fabric store and found some fabric remnants that were further discounted by 50% and the colors and prints were perfect. The lampshade was originally just white paper, but I hot glued the fabric to it. I trimmed the edges with some ruffles that I made from torn strips of the coordinating fabric. They are hot glued as well.

That was as far as I had gotten when Mindy arrived at my house just days before we were to depart for CHA. I told her that I didn't have time to finish it and she jumped right in and saved the day. There was no way she was going to let us go to CHA without that lamp! I stamped the images on fabric and she colored them all in for me....in record time too! Thank you Mindy!!!!! While she did that, I tore some fabric strips and made rolled flowers from them. What a gluey mess that was! The stems are pipe cleaners...again, hot glued to the shade, as are the rolled flowers. Lastly, the images were temporarily applied with doublesided tape. They can be easily removed so I can change the images whenever I want :-)

I used 3 fun Little Darlings stamps:


They are all perfect for a girl's room. What girl doesn't love to jump rope, swing a hula hoop and want to be a chearleader???

Here are some pics of the project. I apologize for the quality of the pics. The lamp was too large for my photo tent and the natural light was making the pics far too yellow today. So I did the best I could.

This image is Jump.




This image is Go Girl Go!



This image is Go Team Go!



That's it from me today! I hope I have inspired you in some way :-)

Hugs to you my friends!

Angie


 


6 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Woooooooooooow stunning ♥

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww,Ohhh wowww,This is so wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lynne in NI said...

W-O-W! What a stunner!

Kelly Schelske said...

Wow Angie, this is wonderful!

serena said...

je la trouve sublime, bravo!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the ruffles you have created!
Cheers from Bangalore, India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails