LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, July 1, 2012

Christmas in July...


Magnolia-licious DT Challenge


Hi Everyone!  I'm back today with a new Magnolia-licous DT Challenge.  This time we were asked to make a 'Christmas in July' project.  I don't know about you, but it's 90 degrees here and the last thing I've been thinking about is Christmas!  LOL!!!  So, this was definitely a challenge!  Also, we could only use the Magnolia 'Mini' images on our project.  I decided to make a tag and use one of my favorite Christmas/Winter images on it.  I hope you like it :-)

The DT has all done a fabulous job with this challenge.  You can see everyone's artwork at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.  There you will find links to the DT's blogs so you can go checkout the details of the projects.  You'll also find that you too can enter the challenge and win a fantastic prize sponsored by Magnolia-licious.


Christmas in July

On this sweet little gift tag, I used 'Mini Snowy Hug', which I just adore!  It's currently available for you to nab up from the store so you too can make some beautiful Christmas/Winter tags a little early.  I've used this image a lot and I never tire of it.  It's a fairly quick color too even though I used the deep Copic pinks/reds:  R81, 83, 85, and 89.  I shadowed with my N's, using odds up through N7.  The broom got a bit of E50, 33, and 43, with some N's for shadow.  'Snowy' was colored with B0000 and B00, with a little N for shadow.

The dp's are from an old BG paper pad titled Wassail.  The colors are really rich and dark and I just love them!!!  I borrowed this layout from a tag that Mindy made for me for my birthday.  It's one of my favorite things and I will cherish it forever :-)  All of the flowers are from WOC and the sentiment is from Whimsy.

That's it from me today!  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I do hope that you'll leave me a little note to let me know that you stopped by for a visit :-)

Big hugs to you all!

Angie

10 comments:

Louise said...

Hi Angie!
Oh, WOW! This looks so stunning, sweetie! I cannot tell
It was a real challenge putting this togheter :) Love the gorgeous layout, cute image and sentiment and all of those lush flowers - adorable!

Big hugs!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous tag ♥

Riet said...

So beautiful tag,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Frea said...

HI Angie, sorry for being so absent hun! Have been totally caught up in work, closing of the schoolyear! Now that I'm on holiday I can pop by everyone again! Love your gorgeous Christmas tag, I really have to get going on my CHristmas cards. I usually do quite a few during my summer holiday! HUgs, Frea

ednamburgess said...

Such a cutie. Love it and all the extra things you put with the stamp. Edna

Hanna said...

Oh wow, what a beauty! Love the colours you've chosen for this sweet christmastag, Angie, very beautiful!
Gorgeous colouring of the lovely image too, and as always you've filled your creation with the most fantastic embellishments and wonderful details. Absolutely stunning!
hugs,
Hanna

Boxofcolours said...

Hello Angie, that is so beautiful and as always your colouring is exquisite.
Hugs
Jane

Angela said...

What a beautiful tag Angie. The mini magnolias are perfect for this layout. I need to make some! Have a great day! hugs, Angela

Linda said...

Oh my! This is stunning! I really love the way you have decorated this grogeous tag. The image is just beautiful and the lovely texturres are stunning.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Molecraft said...

A totally gorgeous tag, love it!
Helen x

Related Posts with Thumbnails