LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, July 8, 2012

By the Sea...


Hi Everyone!  CHA is just around the corner and I think I'm actually going to finish everything that I had planned...with a little help from my bestie - Mindy.  Thanks Mindy!!!  You're a doll!

I haven't been able to post as much as I would have liked, but I thought I would show off a couple of projects that I made a while back.  I was asked to do some things with a 'Seaside' theme and this is what I came up with.  You may have seen these already in an older issue of Magnolia Ink, but I wanted to show them off in their entirety and give you an explanation of how I came up with them. 

Here they are:


I found this beautiful frosted bottle at a local craft store and thought it would be great to hold some bubble bath.  So I thought about making a bathroom set that you could rest by the tub in your summer cottage.  It's pretty to look at and useful too!  I grabbed the soaps, some paper, a little lace and string, a few beachy charms and this is what I came up with!  That little cutie is 'Mini Mermaid Tilda' and she is perfect for this 'Seaside' project.  She is available right now at Magnolia-licious and she's perfect for use on many of your summer projects.  I tell ya, these Mini Magnolia stamps are so quick and easy to color.  I think it took me less than an hour to color all three with Copics and DI's.  I cut them out and matted them with some SB nesties and the project was complete!




This 'Miss You' card set was another easy-to-do project.  I made the bag with a little help from my Scor-Pal.  If you don't have one of the babies, get one and it'll quickly become one of your favorite paper crafting tools.  I use either my Scor-Pal or by Scor-Buddy with each and every paper project that I make.

I thought of this project as a little going away gift that you could give to a friend so she could write you while she's away for the summer.  It's a little more personal than a postcard dontcha think?  I would love to get one of these in the mail with a little hello and an update on a friends travels.  I used 'Swimming Tilda' on the front of the bag and colored her with Copics directly on the Magnolia dp.  I don't see her in the store right now in the full size, but she is available in Mini.  I used the 'Seahorse' on all of the cards in the set.  It was cut and matted with SB nesties as well.  Both sentiments, 'See You Later' and 'Miss You' are also from Magnolia.

That is it from me for now.  I will be posting from CHA as often as I can so I hope you can make your way back here!  If you happen to attend CHA, then please stop by the Little Darlings Rubber Stamps Booth 918 to say 'Hello'!

Big Hugs to you all,

Angie

15 comments:

Annette said...

WOW this are so amazing...your coloring is awesome...totally love these..

Loopylou. said...

ooh Angie!! i did see them in my magnolia mag and I have to admit to stroking the pages ;) they are all just gorgeous but my absolute fav is that bathroom set!!
ooh they are just awesome!
huge hugs Lou xxxx

Maria Therese said...

These are all gorgeous Angie!!

La Spoot said...

Oh waw ! I do have the ScorPal and I would be interested by having the tutorial to make the bag with it. Could you please send it to me ? Or the link ? Here is my address : sylmathieu@gmail.com
Thanks a lot Angie !! :)

Ann Marie Governale said...

I love this set and I love the images you chose... just lovely..xxx Ann Marie

Kathy said...

Beautiful presentation with the soap and bottle. Now maybe if I wrapped my soap like that it would sell. LOL
You do beautiful work.

Louise said...

Hi Angie! ❤
Oh, oh, oh! YES, I have seen these creations in Maggie Ink before and I wish you could have seen me drooling over them ;) Lol!

You do some amazingly beautiful work and this sure is no exeption :) Stunning coloring - love your shading!
Besides this I also adore the images you have chosen, of course ;)

Big hugs! ❤

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww,This is soo wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Molecraft said...

Amazing projects, totally gorgeous!
Helen x

Linda said...

Wow angie these pojects are fabulous!!!!!Love love the gift set!!!!! Amazing wok!!!!!!

Koraliki Beaty said...

wow Angie wonderful ideas - super

Melanie-Jane said...

Oh this is so pretty and such a good Idea. I just love it !!! Specialy the soaps. I love that little mermaid. Your colouring looks amazing. And I like how you put everything on a mirror to take the picture. Really looks great !!!
Thanks for sharing this with us and wish you a great thime at CHA.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Linda said...

Fabulous idea for presents. I love the images and your colouring is stunning. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Shelby Goolsby said...

Gorgeous set!! What a wonderful idea to dress up the bottles.

Sonia said...

OMG! I love it!.. I really like the Sea theme, your creations are AWESOME!
Greetings from Puerto Rico
Hugs, Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails