LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, July 22, 2012

Aprons...


Hi Everybody!   I've returned from CHA and spent a few minutes recovering. It was an absolute blast!!! I'm hoping that you saw the pics on our LDRS Facebook Group. If not, then check it out here! I've still got a bunch of pics to edit and post so you'll be seeing more in the coming days.

Today I hope to inspire you with a project that I made for the ladies to wear in the CHA booth. All by my little ol' self, I made aprons from start to finish. Here's a couple of pics:

Here, our DT models, Ruby and Mindy are showing you two of the aprons...Ruby is wearing 'Pretty Posie' by LDRS and Mindy is wearing 'Summer' by Saturated Canary (available soon). Remember, the new images will be available soon at LDRS as well as a craft store near you. Many retail stores will be posting their pre-orders soon so be on the lookout so you can place our orders while supplies last!!!


The images were stamped on a lightweight canvas with Memento ink, colored gently with Copic markers, and then heat set with an iron. I used shabby chic fabrics and mixed them all up so no two aprons are alike. I made the pattern myself...but it's really just a lot of sewing of panels, gathering them to make the ruffles, and stitching them on to the cavas base. I used some really pretty heavy ribbon for the straps that tie in the back. It was a simple, but time consuming, project.
Well, that is it from me today!
I hope you enjoyed my project and will maybe even try to make your own some time.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Angie


8 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Ooooooooo ♥♥ I want one ♥♥

Suzan L said...

Hi Angie, your CHA booth is just gorgeous! And, those aprons that you made are so darn cute!! I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!
Hugs,
Suzan

Leah Ann Gast said...

The cutest aprons I think I've ever seen, love them!

Danielle said...

Angie, I love your aprons! they are soooo girly. Very pretty project. Hugs.

Colinda said...

They look lovely!! Wish i could have been there. Enjoy your day, Colinda

Linda said...

these are wonderful aprons Angie! I love the soft pastel colours.

hugs
Linda xxx

Hanna said...

Ruby and Mindy look gorgeous in their aprons Angie! What a fabulous idea!

hugs
Hanna

Nicola said...

Cool aprons Angie, love the images and pretty material you chose!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails