LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, June 18, 2012

Happiness Be Yours...


Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop

'Weddings'

Happy Monday Everyone!!!  It's time for another Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop and the theme is 'Weddings'.  I have to admit, this is never an easy theme for me.  For those of you that know my cards, you know that I don't often use a lot of soft colors and fluff and stuff.  But, when I think of weddings I think of white, lace, shiny things, pearls, flowers, etc.  I decided to search through my Magnolia papers and found the perfect patterns.  My other problem was that I didn't want to use the Magnolia wedding couples because I've used them so many times.  I really wanted to use an image from a more recent collection that I hadn't colored up yet.  This was a toughy since it had to work with the 'Wedding' theme!  You'll see how it all worked out momentarily ;-)

First, if you've come to my blog from Sharon's blog, then you're on the right track.  If not, then start form the beginning at Cheryl's blog so you don't miss any of the fabulous projects.  Be sure to stop by the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog to enter your own project too.  There is always a great prize for the winner!!! 

Now, onto my card!!!

Happiness Be Yours
Despite having a difficult time with Wedding cards, I'm really, really happy with my card!  I don't often use purples, but when I pulled out this violet butterfly paper from Magnolia, I just knew I had to use it.  It's from the Mini Butterfly Dreams paper pack and it's available at Magnolia-licious.  I paired it with another Magnolia paper, but I don't know which set it's from.  One of my favorite images from the Summer Memories collection is Tilda with Winding Flowers.  I don't see the full size image in the store right now, but she is available in a special mini set that includes Mini Tilda with Winding Flowers and Mini Tilda with Magnolia Branch.  The set of 2 stamps is priced at only $9.99!!!  That's a huge bargain!  The sentiment that I've used is also by Magnolia and it's titled 'Happiness Be Yours'.  It's a really pretty sentiment from the 2010 Wedding collection.


The cardstock that I selected is from The Paper Company and Bazzill.  I cut and matted the image with SB dies.  I've tucked a birdcage into the background that was cut using a Tim Holtz die that I've had forever and never used.  I threaded the bottom with the violet ribbon, but it got mostly covered by the WOC flowers.  The lace is from RRR and the gems are from my stash.  Lastly, the sentiment was cut using yet another SB die.  It's actually one of my favorites, although I don't use it very often. 

That's it from me today!  The next stop on the Hop is my favorite pal....Mindy!!!  You already know SHE has something spectacular to show you!!!

But, before you go, I do hope that you'll leave a little comment to let me know that you were here.  I read every one of them and appreciate them so very much :-)

Hugs to you all,

Angie



33 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card ♥

Биляна Казакова said...

Страхотна!!!

Boxofcolours said...

What a beautiful card Angie.
Hugs
Jane

Danielle said...

Angie, I love your card very much! using this tilda is a wonderful idea, she is wonderfully colored, love the layout so much, with the diecut on the background, and the lovely cluster. Stunning ! Hugs.

Karen said...

Wow! So beautiful! : )

Ankie vd Polder said...

Gorgeous card, pretty colours. Hugs, Ankie

Linda said...

Gorgeous card, Angie!! Love your color choice, thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us.

Anna said...

Stunning!!! :)
Hugs

ednamburgess said...

Great card with all the extras. Love the colors too. Edna

Patti Jo said...

Love all the shades of purple! Gorgeous card Angie!!!

Cor* said...

Gorgeous!! love the birdcage accent in there! Great use of flowers ! Anyone who receives this will be overjoyed!

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Angie...I know you were out of your comfort zone with this card, but honestly your did such an awesome job you'd think you really loved the soft colors!!! It's gorgeously put together...blessings and hugs...Barb <><

Cathy Lee said...

Lovely card, Angie. Tilda is goregeous and beautifully colored. Love the soft purples, so elegant.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Linda said...

WOW Angie this is just Stunning! I love all the embellishments and the colours too. Beautiful colouring on the image too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Molecraft said...

A beautiful creation!
Helen x

MyAuntKath said...

Hi, Angie, I am always glad to see emails from you because I really like your work. This one is beautiful! No surprise. I've missed seeing you very often lately but know you are busy with so many other things. Just know your work is appreciated. Kathie

Leah Ann Gast said...

Beautiful, love the purple! Hugs! Leah Ann

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful purple coloring and love the birdcage under Tilda. Looks so romantic and elegant. This reminds me I made a Tilda card with birdcage die too, but just never get a chance to post it :op
Hugs,
Cabio

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

Love all the details of your card ! so sweet!
hugs
Doreen

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Angie! I love those colors! I just screams elegance!
hugs, Sharon

serena said...

Trés belle carte, Angie on envie de revetir une belle robe et de se rendre à un mariage.

AN said...

Angie--aivan loistava tämäkin kortti !! Kuten kaikki korttisi! Ihanaa kesää sinulle:)

scrapperdiane said...

I love the card and the colors are beautiful.

Suzi said...

A stunning card Angie, Love the lilac shades and your colouring of Tilda is amazing. Thanks for the tip on how to colour white.
Hugs
Suzi x

Leslie Turner said...

Love it! The purple papers are gorgeous as well as your coloring! Great layout!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Jenée said...

Lovely card. The purple is so pretty, and what a sweet image. I would not have thought to use that Tilda for a wedding, but she works wonderfully.

kbrandy4 said...

Wow!! Stunning Tilda creation, love it!!
Hugs Hazel xx

BA said...

angie this is adorable
xoxo BA

Angela said...

Soooo pretty Angie! Lovely colors and beautiful coloring dear! hugs, Angela

mgoll88 said...

i love purple... thats a really wonderfull card creation and a lot of fantastic details... great job!

LG
Michaela

Mary said...

What a beautiful card!

Kathy Gerace said...

Your card is drop dead beautiful! For going out of your comfort zone, you did a fabulous job on your card!
Everything is perfect.
Huggeroonies,
Kathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails