LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, May 21, 2012



Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop

Hey there everyone!  Welcome to another Magnolia-licious Blog Hop!!!  It's time to pull out all of your Magnolia stamps from the 'Winner Takes It All' collection because we have a 'Sports' theme this time!!!  I took some creative liberties with the theme because I really wanted to use my stamps from the new 'Summer Memories' collection.  I think it all worked out just fine :-)

If you've arrived here from Patti Jo's blog, then you're on the right track.  If not, then start at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog to catch the show from the start.  There you can also check out the wonderful prize that you could win by joining us in this challenge and entering your own 'Sports' project.

Here's my card.  I hope you like it :-)


Pool Party 
I started the front of my card with 'Burger Tilda', 'Tilda's Barbeque' and 'French Menu'.  They're all from the new 'Summer Memories' collection and are available at Magnolia-licious.  I just love this collection!!!  I also used the DooHickey 'Thought Bubbles' die and I just love how it looks!  I added some little scribbles around it to 'party it up' a bit.  The dp's are from a new Christy Tomlinson paper pad.  CS is by SU.  The image and its matte were cut using SB dies.  The beautiful blue lace is by Webster's Pages.  Lastly, the doily is from my stash.


 Here's the inside of the invitation.


Swimming is a sport...right???  I do it so leisurely that it just doesn't seem like one!  This is 'Diving Tilda' and she's from the 'Winner Takes It All' collection.  I've had this stamp for quite a while and never had the chance to use it until now.  She was super simple to color too.  I cut her out and added her to the silly little poem with dimensionals.  I got the poem off of the internet.  It was a birthday pool party poem and changed a few words to make it fit my purpose.


 Here's the bottom part of the inside.  I left it blank for now.


 And we're closing with the front of the card again.

All images were colored with Copic markers.  Due to time constraints I didn't keep track of the colors I used.  I'm sorry :-(

Well, that's it from me today!  The next stop on the Hop is Sharon.  I'm sure she has something outstanding to share with you!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you'll leave me a little note to let me know what you think of my invitation :-)

Have a great day!

Angie




26 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love your amazing invitation, Angie! Beatuiful color combo and love the fab details inside and out! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Elizabeth

Cheryl said...

Angie, your invitation is wonderful!! I love the Tilda and bbg!! And, then the diving Tilda inside to finish it off-spectacular!!

Barb Hardeman said...

This invitation is just amazing, Angie! I can appreciate that you didn't want to make 50 and send out to your sons friends...hehehehehe!
I don't know where to start because everything about this card is just jaw droppig! Totally fabulous! Hugs...Barb <><

Myrna said...

Love your invite Angie! Diving Tilda is sooooo perfect!!

Patti Jo said...

Wouldn't anyone be excited to get an invitation like this??!!! Adorable how you've done the front and then the inside is just as cute!!! Terrific card Angie!!! Are you working on your son's invites now???!!! :)

nancyparker55 said...

What a fun invitation. Great idea for a party.

Suzan L said...

Hi Angie, your invitation is so adorable! Your coloring is beautiful as always and I love the wonderful lace that you used. I hope your plans for Summer CHA are going well!
Hugs,
Suzan

Francy said...

Wow the front of this card is fantastic but for the inside there aren't words.
Gorgeous work.
francy

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous invitation card. What a perfect idea to use the images for a pool party barbaque theme. Wonderful elements with a combination od images, DPs and die cuts. Awesome work Angie!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Super great card. You did a wonderful job. Swimming Tilda is so fun.
Blessings Doreen

ednamburgess said...

Adorable! Edna

Laura said...

Fun card! I am SO looking forward to getting my Burger Tilda stamp. I'm just chomoping at the bit to get it. Your coloring is awesome, your card is adorable and I really like that blue lace.

♥ Laura C.

janet said...

I am loving these images....maybe my favorites! And, of course, the cards just do a great job of showcasing them!

mlarisa said...

This is a very beautiful card! I love bright colors and I like all Tilda, which you used!

Melanie-Jane said...

Woahhhh what an amazing card dear Angie. I love that Tilda If I didn't just have lunche I would want to have her Burger... LOL Your cards all always look amazing.
Wish you a great day.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Frances said...

What a gorgeous invitation card. Great design and wonderful coloring, DPs and die cuts. Awesome work Angie!!
Hugs,Frances.

LaJanette said...

Super AWESOME card/invite! I love the way that you have done all of the panels; oh and that fire is HOT!

Hugs;
Janette

Leah Ann Gast said...

Great card, and I love that verse, tooo cute! Hugs! Leah Ann

missstamper said...

Wow! That is outstanding!

Cards Gifts and more said...

WOW WOW WOW. I really liked your creation !! Lovely combination to create a masterpiece invite !!

Mary said...

What an adorable invitation!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Allie Cat Beads said...

Oh my goodness! The bbq image is so adorable!! I love the flames flying out of the grill - looks like mine! LOL!!!

Maria Therese said...

Loove your invitation card!!

Sarah said...

Love your invitation, such a fab idea, your colouring is perfect, hugs, Sarah x

Tracy S said...

This is the coolest invite ever! I hope you did not have to make a bunch of those.. That is a lot of work! I love how super detailed it is and how you used more than one image even. Awesome job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails