LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, May 3, 2012

Love is in the air......



First.....

Happy Birthday Mindy!!!!!!!

Mindy is one of my bestest friends as well as one of the sweetest people that I know.  I hope you will all join me in wishing her a very Happy Birthday!  Please pop on over to her blog and give her a birthday shout!!!

Luv you Mindy!!!  xoxoxo




Magnolia-licious DT Challenge

Welcome to May everyone!  I hope this month proves to be super sunny and warm for you all.  We're heading into warmer weather as summer approaches here in Michigan.  My gosh I cannot wait til the extreme heat gets here!  In preparation for summer, the Magnolia-licious DT has a 'Color Me Summertime' challenge going on and we're using the colors of summer:  yellow, orange and blue.  I had made my card for something else, but it works perfectly with this challenge so I decided to use it.

You can enter the challenge too!  Get all of the details at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.  You can see all of the DT's inspirations there and there is a fantastic prize to win too! 

Here's my card....I hope you like it!


Love is in the air....

I couldn't wait to use more of my new Magnolia's from the 'Summer Memories' club kit!  This is such a fabulous release!  I decided to color up 'Honeybee Tilda' sitting on the 'Meadow Daisy'.  Both are on preorder at Magnolia-licious with some fantastic discounts, along with the rest of the release.  I colored the images with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with DI's.  I used a new paper that I really like a lot.  I had no idea if I'd be able to use the Copic's on it, but it worked rather well.


The card shape and background dp were cut with a Go Kreate die.  The tag was cut with a Magnolia DooHickey die called 'Tilda Tag', but I don't see it in the Magnolia-licious store right now.  It's one of my favorite DooHickey dies because I love the lacy piece that folds over the tag.  Anyway, I'm sure if you inquire about it at Magnolia-licious they'll be able to get it for you.  Their customer service is fantastic and it's the only place that I shop for my Maggies!

I don't have the name of manufacturer of the dp's - sorry!  I added the squiggles around the images by hand for a whimsical touch.  The twine, cheesecloth, sentiment and metal flower are all from my stash.  I think that little piece of lace trim is from RRR.

That's it for me today!  I hope you found some inspiration in my card :-)  It was so much fun getting back to painting.  It's been quite a while since I used my DI's as I've really been enjoying my Copics.

Have a wonderful day and try to find some creative time!

Hugs to you all my friends,

Angie






11 comments:

Penni said...

What a cute card, I love this new image of Tilda and your colouring is amazing!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card ♥♥

Catherine said...

This is so cute and yur shading is amazing.....

Riet said...

So gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, the colors are amazing as well as your coloring.
Louise

Karen said...

This is so gorgeous! I love it! :)

Hope C. said...

Love the card, Angie. Can you let's us know what paper you used? I'm still practicing coloring with DI and if there's a paper that works well with Copics and DI, I'd love to know.

serena said...

Je trouve ta carte Angie magnifique, j'ai moi aussi craqué pour ces 2 tampons que j'attend avec impatience.
Bizz Serena

shamraiz said...

Well this card is also required and nothing is so beautiful already know! Pressure is fed up with all sides and edges!
Beautiful color combination !
regards
sam:>)
Membership Cards
Plastic VIP Cards
scratch card

Stampin Mindy said...

Soooooo did NOT see this (must be my old age ;) ) Thank you so much, Angie! ♥

(((((hugs))))

BA said...

angie this is just adorable, fabulous coloring
have a nice week end
xoxo BA

Related Posts with Thumbnails