LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, March 9, 2012

Koala Hugs...



Hi Everyone!  I feel like it's been forever since I've been here!  Crafting time has been really limited lately and it's going to get even worse...but for a very good reason...and I'm excited about it!  Hubby and I started designing a house over a year ago.  We've been back and forth with it making changes and then more changes.  Well, we finally approved the final floor plan this week.  Now the architect will spend the next 30 days working on the construction drawings.  What does this mean for me???  Well, {deep breath}...I now need to spend most of the next 30 days running two businesses, getting the 2011 financials ready for the accountant for both businesses, getting everything up to date for the 2012 first quarter, and gathering all of our personal financials so that I can present it all to the bank for the construction loan.  So....I may not be here very much in the coming weeks.  I'm going to do my best to get the necessary projects completed, but I won't have time for anything in between :-(  But it will all be worth it in the end!  The plan is to break ground on the new house before June.  We're hoping to move in before May 2013.  We'll be a lot closer to our son's school so I will no longer have the one hour drive to school in the morning.  But, this also means that we need to put our current house up for sale and that's a whole task in and of itself!  What do I do with the dog when the house is being shown?  I guess I'll have to take her on lots of rides in the car!

On another note, I finally had the opportunity to complete a card with the image that I painted with Koala Hug Tilda.  I had the pleasure of meeting Bronlyn at CHA and she gave me this little cutie to work with.  I hope she likes what I've done with her!


Koala Hugs

I absolutely love this image of Koala Hug Tilda!  If you don't have your own yet, be sure to get her at Magnolia-licious so you can get FREE SHIPPING!  I have backed her with Magnolia's Tip Leaves and Sun.  I use these Tip Leaves a lot because they're so incredibly versatile.  I stamped them a couple of times to give Tilda a really lush background of the leaves.  I hand drew the grass myself with DI's and Copics.  The images were colored with a combo of both.  Oh yeah...I cut the card shapes with a new die set from Go Kreate.  My hubby got me a few new sets for my birthday...I just told him that yesterday when they arrived.  LOL!!!


I turned to my BG 'Capella' paper pad for dp's this time.  The have such a soft romatic feel about them.  The big green flower is handmade and the rest are from WOC and Webster's Pages.  The gorgeous pink ribbon was given to me by the sweet Suzan L  at CHA.  I'm gonna have to ask her where she got it cause I just love it!!!  The bright yellow sun got a coat of yellow Stickles for some sparkle.  The doily is from my stash.


The inside of the card is very simple.  I used a coordinating dp from the paper pad.  The sentiment is from my stash.

Well that is it for me today!  I really enjoyed showing you my project and I truly hope you enjoyed visiting.  Feel free to leave me a little comment to let me know that you stopped by!

Hugs to you all :-)

Angie



31 comments:

Sharman said...

Beautiful Card Angie. Congrats on the house plans. I am so happy for you that you will finally be able to have your dream home. I know that you are going to be so busy now. Prioritize things so that you do not over due.....

quiltindiva said...

Angie your card is beautiful as always! Love it very much! congrats on your house....I hope you'll be very happy.

Danielle said...

Wonderful card Angie, your coloring of this cutie is to die for. I love the gorgeous earth tones you chose, calm peaceful and very beautiful. all the elements complete your image perfectly. Very beautiful card. Hugs.

Tracy S said...

Oh my this is incredible! The coloring, the design...colors, all of it! TFS. Congrats on the new home. I am sure that s stressful and super exciting at the same time.

Annette said...

WOW WEE this card is soooo amazing...I love how you colored her...she is gorgeous...love all the special adds...awesome card..

Regina said...

Angie!!! There are no words for this card. I think it's out of the world!
Have a marvellous weekend!
Regina

Bron said...

Congrats on getting to build your new house. Very exciting times for you. I nearly chocked when I saw you currently drive for an hour to get your son to school every day!!!
Your card is just beautiful. I love the colouring and the whole design embelllies etc are just gorgeous.
Hugs from Bron xo

julieprice3 said...

This is absolutely stunning Angie! I love the scene you've created and the pretty shaped card, just beautiful!
Hugs from Australia Julie P

SAZCreations said...

This is so beautiful. Just love the imate.

SAZCreations said...

Oops. Let's try again. Love your image.

Suzi said...

Stunning card Angie, love your colouring and that grass is amazing. Good luck with all your plans for your new home.
Hugs
Suzi x

Dawn said...

Fabulous card, beautiful colouring, just stunning. Good luck on the next 30 days running here, there & everywhere lol

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, I just love your choice of colors, and the scene you created is fabulous
Louise

Francy said...

Super cute card, I love the shape of it. the colours, embellishments and the stamp are gorgeous.
Francy

Sandi said...

Hugging a Koala is on my bucket list, this is wonderful. hugs

Sandi said...

Hugging a Koala is on my bucket list, this is wonderful. hugs

CraftyC said...

Wow Angie what a beautiful card you have made. The colours are just stunning. Good luck with the house!!
Clairexx

cathylynn said...

ANGIE this is AMAZING!!!!! HOLY MOLY you ROCK!!!! This is one incredible card! I love it!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Gina L said...

Wow, Angie, this card is stunning!!! Wonderful details and your coloring is amazing.

ednamburgess said...

Such a cute card. You are a busy lady. Don't burn yourself out though. I live in Michigan also so feel like we're neighbors. Take care and keep those cards coming when you can. Edna

Molecraft said...

Congratulations on your exciting house plans and your card is stunning! Beautifully coloured!
Helen x

Elle said...

Perfection! Good luck with your house, I'm sure it will turn out spectacular!

Angela said...

Really beautiful Angie! I love how you've colored this cute koala image. Gorgeous shape to your card too, I'll have to check out this link. Love the flower you created too, I want to try it. I think you just twisted the ribbon and then went around in a circle? I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for always inspiring me! hugs, Angela

Eulanda said...

OH MA GAWD ANGIE! You are uh-MAZING! I am curious tho. How long did this take you? Seems to take me about 6 hrs to make a half decent card. Good luck with your construction!! Sounds busy but rewarding. Oh and great gift that your hubby got you. I love those kind the best. LMBO!!! Hugs!

Linda said...

Wow angie what a stunning card!!!! Love all the details and colors!!!!! fabulous work again!!!!!

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Your card is fabulous, outstanding design. I love this Tilda image and she is on my wish list.
Have a great week.
Blessings Doreen

Jean said...

Oh my Angie, this is just the cutest lil thing I have seen, I absolutely love the Koala bear stamp and you have done such an amazing job with it and the layout. Such beautiful colors and DP and love your flowers.. perfectly stunning!!
Hugs, Jean

syllie said...

Wow, gorgeous cards and your coloring is extremley beautiful. Also your colorchoice is gorgeous. Good luck with the plans of your new house.
xxxSylvia

cabio's craft corner said...

Your beautiful Tilda coloring is so perfect, nice & smooth. Gorgeous embellishments with all these sweet flowers. That ribbon flower is a highlight of this card!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Christina C. said...

What an incredibly gorgeous card!!!!!! Simply breathtaking!

April Rosas said...

omg, Angie this is so adorable! would look good as a decorative piece as well. gah! hope you don't mind me copying the design. hahaha.

family pledge home loans information

Related Posts with Thumbnails