LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fresh Picked Flowers...



Hi Everyone! I've got a card to show you today that I designed for my monthly card class that I teach.  Class was held yesterday and we had a great time.  We colored up 'Fresh Picked Flowers' from my Cutie Pie release.  We had a full class, which included a couple of ladies that joined us for the first time.  We began at 10 a.m., took a break for lunch, and continued to work until some time around 3:30 p.m. or so.  It was long class but we were constantly busy and having a good time.  Class ran longer this time because we colored two images this time.  The background is a little sneak peek of something new from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.  Let me know what you think of it!  We'll have backgrounds available to you really soon!

So, here is my card.  I apologize for the poor quality of the photo.  I took so many photos and spent so much time editing them.  For some reason the colors that I used on her cheeks were coming out super duper red!  She looked like she had a fever in the photos!  I think the photo lamps were adding too much yellow to the pics and when I tried to reduce it, it magnified everything with red undertones.  What a fiasco!  So, I dumped the photo tent and lamps for the time being and took the pic with the natural light from the window.  The colors are much truer to the actual card now.

Fresh Picked Flowers



As I mentioned, this stamp is called 'Fresh Picked Flowers' and she's from the new Cutie Pie release from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.  The dp's are from an Authentique 6x6 paper pad.  Flowers are all from WOC, and with the exception of the white one, were given to me by my friend Claudia...Thanks Claudia!!!  I used a Magnolia 'Leaf & Swirl' DooHickey die and a Sizzix leaf die as well.  This is my favorite DooHickey die for Spring so you'll probably be seeing it a lot on my projects.  You can get a bunch of DooHickey dies at Magnolia-licious.  Diana stocks almost all of them, as well as dies from other manufacturers.  I don't see the 'Swirl' die in stock right now, but you can easily send an inquiry to Diana and I'm sure she'll get one ordered for you.  The ribbons, pearls and pearl pin are from my stash.  Lastly, I used a MS border punch to cut the trim piece to the left of the image.

Well, that's all I have for you today.  Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Hugs,

Angie

12 comments:

Angela said...

So adorable, Angie! Love the little expression you gave this sweetie! And what a gorgeous back ground, can't wait to see more! Have a great day! hugs, Angela

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Angie,a super sweet card
Clairex

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, love the image and the flowers look fab
Lindsay xx

Sharman said...

I just knew I was going to feel bad about missing the class. This is so stinkin cute. So glad that everyone had a good time. Love the card....

Molecraft said...

Totally fabulous!
Helen x

Annette said...

aww how adorable...I am loving this fun image and the added flowers...so pretty...

Danielle said...

Adorable Angie, so pretty! I love the scenery you created. BEautiful flowers, and lovely swirls. Gorgeous card. Hugs.

Beate said...

Angie, the card is gorgeous. I can't wait to get my hands on that background stamp! Love it!
Hugs and smiles

Tammy Ortiz said...

Wow Angie,
this is adorable. The card is magnificent. I am so in AWWE
hugs

ednamburgess said...

Great job on shading the hair and clothes. Did you make up the background or is it a stamp also? And are the flowers homemade. Nice layout. Edna

Frea said...

Hi Angie, love that little scene you made on your card, really gorgeous. Hugs, Frea

Anne Karin said...

I love it! Cool colors!

Related Posts with Thumbnails