LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, March 1, 2012

Babies are Angels with Invisible Wings...



Magnolia-licious DT Challenge

Hello Everyone!  It's time for another Magnolia-licious DT Challenge!!!  Boy how time flies!  The theme this time around is 'movement'...we had to have something on our project that 'moved'.  This was not at all easy for me and to be honest, I waited til the very last minute to make my project because I had absolutely no idea what to make!  I searched the internet for ideas and just came up empty.  Nothing appealed to me.  Then I remembered a little conversation that I had with Patti Jo at CHA.  She came back to the booth with a little wobbly thingy that I had never seen before.  After explaining to me what it was and how she had used them in the past, she gave it to me to try.  I had forgotten all about it!  I darted up to my craft room and found the bag that I prayed it was in and.......it was still there in the corner of the bottom of the bag!!!  Yay!  Thank you Patti Jo!

So, I'll show you my card in a moment.  But first, as usual you can join in on the fun of this challenge by entering your project at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.  There is always a fantastic prize to be won.  I can't wait to see what you make!!! 

Now for my project.....I received some stamps from Magnolia in my DT Kit from the new 'Princes and Princesses Collection' and this is the last one that I have to ink up.  I just found out that a friend of mine is pregnant so I decided to make a card for her.  Here goes!


Babies are Angels
with
Invisible Wings


This card is very unusual for me since there is no image on the front.  I'm still trying to come to terms with the design.  The sentiment is by Hero Arts and is propped up on the 'wobble thingy' so it jiggles when you handle the card.  It's actually kinda cool!  The dp's are from the Simple Stories 'Baby Steps' 6x6 paper pad and cs is by Bazzill.  We don't know yet whether the baby is a boy or girl so I tried to make this a gender neutral card.  I stamped the new Magnolia 'Kurbitz Corner' design in the upper left corner of the checked paper.  I really like these corner stamps because you can easily add additional interest to an otherwise bare space.  The sentiment was stamped on a shape that I cut with a Sizzix Decorative Label #4 die that I've had forever and never use.  The brown stitching is hand drawn.  I cut the cream swirl with a Magnolia 'Leaf & Swirl' DooHickey die.  I also cut some leaves from a scrap of the checked paper using a Magnolia 'Bon Voyage Foliage' DooHickey die.  That big ol' flower is by Prima and I thought I'd never find a use for it.  I've had a love/hate relationship with because I think it's really pretty, but I've never been able to make it work on a project!  Mission accomplished!  Hmmmmm.....is there anything that I missed?  Oh yeah, the button, string, ribbon and pearls are from my stash.  And, I used a MS punch in there somewhere too.



Here's the simple but beautiful inside of the card.  I wanted to keep this very simple to show off the image and because the dp is fairly busy already.  This little sweetie is called 'Mother To Be Tilda' and she's available for pre-order right now at Magnolia-licious.  In fact, the entire 'Princes & Princesses Collection' is on pre-order right now!!!  They will be arriving very soon so get yours ordered now so you can get what you want before they're gone!  I colored Tilda very gently with Copic markers.  The simple sentiment is from my stash and it's by Endless Creations.  I left a little space for a personal note to my friend.



I tried to capture a picture of that little 'wobbly thingy' that's behind the sentiment on the front of the card.  If you look closely you can see the white plastic spring that causes the wobbling.

Well....that's it for me today!  I really enjoyed showing my project to you and I hope you had a good visit as well.  Have a wonderful day!  And don't forget to pop on over to my DT sista's blogs to see what they made!

Hugs,

Angie



25 comments:

Glenda de Heide said...

Your card is gorgeous.
Hugs Glenda

Angela said...

Oh so beautiful Angie! Gorgeous colors and the sweetest card! hugs, Angela

Paper Tails said...

Nicely done! I almost bought her but didn't may have to rethink my decision.

Karen

Karen said...

Such a beautiful card!!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, and love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing :)

Suzi said...

Beautiful card Angie, I love that little springy thingy. The inside is just as gorgeous.
Hugs
Suzi x

Francy said...

this card is lovely and the new stamp of Magnolia is gorgeous. I love the colours that you chosen for this card.
Francy

Nicola said...

What a stunning card Angie, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love your style!!!
Every piece of work you produce is so inspirational and unique and it inspires me to think outside the box - Thanks so much!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Annette said...

beautiful card...

Louise said...

Beautiful card
Louise

Suzan L said...

Hi Angie, Happy March!! Your card is so darling!! I love the DP's that you used. The Kurbitz Corner looks wonderful along with all the other embellishments. What a cute saying you have found!! Perfect for this new collection! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Suzan

Tammy Ortiz said...

Very nice card . I struggle with big flowers but this fits here as well . Thanks for showing this to us.
Have a great day
Hugs Tammy

Frea said...

Hi Angie, this is a beautiful card and such a gorgeous flower, wow! Hugs ,Frea

Candy said...

Such a wonderful card, Angie.
Your friend will treasure it.
Hugs, Candy

Peggie said...

Pretty cool wobble. Love the lace.

Barb Hardeman said...

What's not to like about the design of this fabulous card Angie? I love the dp's and your little "bobbling thingy" is really perfect on the front! The flower is so pretty here with all the rest of your design elements...fabulouso! Hugs...Barb <><

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and elegant card. Love the sweet theme of this Mother to be Tilda. This one is so sweet and love the cute yet a vintage theme of this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Elle said...

I love this new image. Perfect for anyone that is expecting.

Betsy said...

Oh goodness, I'm going to have to order that image! So cute! My son and his wife have been married almost 2 years and are ready to start a family, so I'm thinking that I'll have a use for that cute Tilda in the near future.
Don't you just love Action Wobbles??? They provide just the right touch when you're making "cutesy" cards! They're great with "animal" cards or kid's cards!
Thanks for sharing expectant Tilda!

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous design Angie!! Love the papers and your coloring!! ;) TFS!

syllie said...

It very nice to read you story how you have made your card. And i think you made a gorgeous creation. I love the colorcombo and all the beautiful details on it. Also your inside is awesome.
xxxSylvia

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Angie, I love the sentiment, and this gorgeous stamped corner. Love your colors and all your attention to details. Your inside is also beautiful, and tilda is wonderfully colored. Although, I am in shock every time I see her belly... I might get used to it. wonderful work.
Hugs.

Shelley said...

just love it! like how Tilda is on the inside and the verse on the outside. hugs Shelley

Sandi said...

Angie, stunning card. hugs

Sharon Caudle said...

LOL! I can't help but giggle at you calling it "that wobbly thing". heehee Beautiful card, Angie! Gorgeous colors and design!
hugs, Sharon

Related Posts with Thumbnails