LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, February 20, 2012

Please don't eat the daisies!



Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop

Happy Monday Everyone!!!  Welcome to another fantabulous Blog Hop by the Magnolia-licious Design Team!!!  Our theme today is 'Spring is Right Around the Corner' and I'm hoping that it really is!  It's been a mild winter here in Michigan, but we've been jumping back and forth between super duper freezing cold and nice days in the 40's.  It's killing my sinuses!  I'm sooooooo looking forward to green grass, roses in bloom and opening the pool.....ahhh.  Sounds wonderful :-)

Back to the Hop!  If you've arrived here from Sharon's blog, then you're on the right track.  If not, then you can start from the beginning at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.  You're sure to want to see of the DT projects.  This is such a talented team of artists and the projects are so incredibly inspiring.  I still pinch myself that I get to be included with these ladies!


Please Don't Eat the Daisies!
Loved this television show...I saw it in reruns as a kid :-)

This little cutie is 'Tilda with Daisy'.  She's my favorite image from Magnolia's 'Sweet Crazy Love' collection.  I don't see the full sized image in the store right now, but the Mini is available right HERE.  If you want the full sized image, just send an email off to Diana at the store and I'm sure she'll be able to get it for you quickly.  I've paired Tilda with the 'Open Gate', which is also available right now as a mini.  Again, if you want the full sized image, just send Diana an email inquiry.

The dp's are a mix from a couple different paper pads.  I started with a Webster's Pages pad and then pulled a couple patterns from a Simple Stories 'Baby Steps' paper pad.  CS is Stampin' Up and Bazzil.  The image and matte were cut using SB dies.  The white lace is from RRR and the gorgeous (my fave) pink/brown ribbon is from an old MS roll that has been discontinued.  I use it sparingly so I don't run out. 

I found the little self-adhesive lace butterfly from MS in a package of 4-5 and I just love them!  I added some cheesecloth to soften the effect of the dp's.  The paper flowers are from Magnolia, WOC and Prima.  The metal embellie is from a clearance bin at a local craft store.  I bought a bunch of them.  That pearl pin is from the wedding section at the same craft store.  It's much cheaper to buy a box of pearl pins if you shop the wedding isle.

I made the pink/white yarn flower.  I'm really enjoying making my own flowers these days!  In addition to yarn, I bought a bunch of fabric remnants from a local store and I can't wait to dig in and see what I can make with them!  I've been purchasing all kinds of fun things to alter and I may have to dig in to my sewing machine really soon.  It's been a loooooooong time since I've sewed anything other than a straight stitch around a piece of paper!  And I rarely do that any more!


How about the coloring of the images?  Oh what a fiasco that was!  Yikes!  I stamped the images on what I thought was a sheet of Bee Paper so that I could work with both Copics and DI's.  However, when I got to the part with the watercolors, the paper nearly disintegrated in front of me!!!  I was working on her dress!!!  I tried not to panic and quickly stopped adding water.  I really hate throwing work away so I let it dry completely so I could try to save it.  I moved onto other areas and continued working with Copics, all the while wondering if I was just wasting more time and work.  Once the paper was thoroughly dry, I worked extremely gently with my Copics to see if I could color Tilda's dress without putting a hole in it.  I swear the sweat was just beading on my forhead!  Thankfully, it was a success and I'm pleased with the result.  I threw out the rest of that awful sheet of paper since I have no idea what it is or where it came from.

Well, that is it for me today!  I hope you'll play along with the challenge.  There is always a really great prize to win!!!  Next up is Cheryl and I'm certain she has something totally awesome to show you!!!

Thank you so much for joining me!  I hope you have the best day ever :-)

Ciao,

Angie



46 comments:

Tammy Ortiz said...

The lace is gorgeous. I love the light pink colors.

I have My First free candy on my blog if you want to enter the drawing.

Hugs Tammy Ortiz
Blog: http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

cabio's craft corner said...

Angie, your card is so breath-taking. Gorgeous coloring and your attention to details are fabulous!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Renkata said...

Angi , I just love the vintage,romantic look of your Spring card.

Teala said...

Beautiful card Angie! LOVE your yarn flower and the cheesecloth addition! Coloring looks awesome too! Thanks for inspiring me!

cardsonly said...

really a spring look love the background on magnolia and i really love this card the paper flowers coloring from magnolia.

with love

celine

Cheryl said...

Oh, Angie, your card is so beautiful!! The depth of your coloring is just incredible!!
A really stunning creation!!
Going back to study it a bit more!

ulrike said...

Wow, this card is a work of art!

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, your coloring just blows me away everytime. Love all the deatils on your card
Louise

angelwhispers said...

Angie this is just breathtaking I love it the whole card is just full of fabulous detail and the colours well just wonderful! Chanelle xxx

Lily Anuska said...

Angie just beautiful. Lovely scene, coloring, and flowers are amazing. Hugs. Lily Anuska

Janie Printz said...

Angie this is just beautiful. The colors are wonderful & I'm so glad you were able to salvage this sweet little image after finding out you were using the wrong kind of paper. What a waste that would have been to have to toss this little cutie in the trash bin. I shudder to think of her ending up there. Love all the embellishments you've added to turn this into a work of art.
Janie

Raissa Costa said...

Wow!!!!
So stuning!!!
I love it!
Kisses

Norma said...

WOWZER, Angie, this is a jaw dropper. It's stunningly gorgeous. Awesomely coloured--couldn't tell that you had any problem during the colouring. Love the scene you've created. Your DP's are to die for. Gorgeous embellishments--love the lace butterfly.
Hugs,
Norma

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Angie! As always your unique style and incredible talent have shone bright on this card. Your gifting for coloring and arrangement is just stunning. In spite of the difficulties you had coloring you've created a gorgeous card, full of wonderful color and embellished beautifully! Hugs...Barb <><

Karen said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!

Shanna Shands said...

i would have never know you used DI. I have been practicing with coloring flowers but I cannot color on watercolor paper. I bought the kind you recommended for your class on CMC but the paper messes up so quickly I do better on regular 65lb weight paper :( but I have to be careful not to overdo. I have not succeeded in coloring images to detail like I can with copics... but at least I practice.

Ivonne said...

Hi Angie! Beautiful card. Love the colors and Tilda's dress looks great!! Hugs, Ivonne

Stampin Mindy said...

Hmmmm.. I'll be honest, I haven't a clue what TV show you're talking about! Before I read your post I was looking for a little creature in the grass.. LOL! I do love your card. It's beautiful, as always!

Hugs, Mindy

Monique said...

OMG Angie. This is so pretty!

Hugs Monique

Sharman said...

Angie, I love this one. What a wonderful job you did on it. I love the colors....

stephanne said...

Your colouring is stunning!!! I was tempted to enlarge the pix and try to find the evidence that you mentioned, but naaa, I'll just gaze at the gorgeousness, it turned out beautifully!!
hugs, stephanne

julieprice3 said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I love the scene you've created and your gorgeous colouring. The little yarn flower is lovely
Delightful card Angie
Hugs Julie P

mgoll88 said...

What an wonderful and lovely card creation!!
The Image is fantastic and the way you colored...great job!
In all with that lovely toppings its a fantastic work at all!!!

LG
Michaela

Molecraft said...

Wow, this is just stunning!
Helen x

Paula said...

Grogeous!!! This is simply gorgeous, from the DP to the embellies to the coloring of Tilda (definitely didn't waste your time on her!!). Love it :)

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Gorgeous Angie! Love all the foo foo :O) Precious! Hugs! Leah Ann

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Considering you used a wrong paper your coloring turned out fantastic. you are so good with colors. I love your lace butterfly and the flowers look great. super job.
Hugs Maz

*Vicki* said...

Oh Angie, this is really stunning my dear!! I adore the gorgeous coloring and what a beautifully created card!! :)

Chrissy said...

Angie, this is just gorgeous...amazing colouring, love all the papers and details, really,really beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

foxyenglishcrafter said...

Wow! This card is stunning with all the beautiful colours of spring. I love the image and how beautiful it is coloured. I love the complementing embellishments making this one stunning card. Thanks for sharing.
hugs Julie

Lisa said...

Wow Angie! Your card is stunning! You did a great job and no one would ever know you had a problem with it. Fabulous coloring!
Big Hugs!

ILuvVintageScrap said...

Hey Angie,

This card is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! I love all of the colors and details!!! I don't have this stamp yet but is in my wishlist hehe!!! I love making my own flowers too and yours came out gorgeous!! TFS
Hugs
Juliana

Evik said...

I Love your cards!!!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! This card literally took my breath away, Angie!!!! Your choice of colors, your gorgeous coloring, your amazing details, everything!!!! I don't know what else to say....I love it!
hugs, Sharon

mylkrafts said...

Angie, your cards are really reach in colors, love it.

Yulis Kartika said...

Angie, this is so adorable and your coloring is awesome!

Angela said...

The colors on your card are beautiful Angie, so rich and vibrant. Love the little yarn flower (I think I saw that on pinterest too). Beautiful coloring too, so professional! ;)

hugs, Angela

Dot said...

Such a lovely spring card.Your colouring went out so perfect, I'm glad you could save it . Thank you for sharing.
Enjoy your day.
Dorte,x

CraftyLyn said...

Beautiful creation

Kate said...

Lovely card, don't think I have heard of the show though?

** Kate **

Suzan L said...

Hi Angie, Your card is gorgeous! Your coloring is just beautiful!! I love all the details that you have added to your card! I'm going to have to look for the MS butterflies! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Suzan

Teresa said...

What a superb Spring card, it's gorgeous. Teresa xx

Elle said...

Angie, I LOVe your card. Great save on your coloring job-whew!

craftynatalie said...

beautiful card

Brook Guinn said...

What an amazing job you did on this card. I just love that gate stamp (I must have it!) and those papers are wonderful. Love that yarn flower too!

Dawn said...

I love everything about your card! Your colouring is stunning and the papers are gorgeous.

Hugs, Dawn

Related Posts with Thumbnails