LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tilda in Winter...


Magnolia-licious DT

Happy New Year!!!  Can you believe it's 2012!  OMGosh how time flies!!!  I sure hope you all had a fantastic holiday season with family and friends.  I sure did!  It does feel good to have it all over with though.  I get so worn out and need time to recover.  That's when I get to head to my studio to play :-)  On the day after Christmas, hubby took our son to a movie and I got to head up to my studio to paint.  Now that's heaven..ahhhhhhhhh. 

Winter is just gettin' goin' here in Michigan so you'll be seeing some snowy winter cards from me yet.  I may even get a Christmas card or two in there since I didn't get to play too much with my Christmas stamps last month.  The awesome Cheryl suggested that we do an 'Anything Goes' theme this month so we could just let our creative juices flow into whatever we wanted to do.  Thanks Cheryl!!!  I love it when we get to just do what feels right!  You can see all of the DT creations at Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenges.  You also join in on the fun there and win a great prize from Magnolia-licious.

So I sat down at my craft desk and pulled out my DT kit of 'Sweet Christmas Dreams' minis.  I've been dying to ink them up and just didn't have the time til now.  Anyway, once I decided on the images, I flipped through my Christmas paper pads for dp's with rich colors that I could use for a 'cold winter's night'. 

Here's how things turned out...

 
Tilda in Winter
I decided to mask both 'Mini Winter Tilda' and 'Mini Midwinter Tilda' together while out for a walk on a cold, snowy night.  They are dressed in color coordinated outfits in rich greens and reds.  I don't see 'Mini Winter Tilda' in stock right now, but 'Mini Midwinter Tilda' is currently available at Magnolia-licious in a specially priced 2-pack with 'Mini Jingle Tilda'.  The snowflakes were stamped using a wooden block stamp from my stash.  I stamped them in black and then traced them with a glittery gel pen.  They look really pretty IRL.

The images and the matte were cut using SB dies.  The sweet little tree was cut using a Magnolia 'Spruce Tree' DooHickey die.  It's probably one of my favorite dies that's come out in a long time.

The dp's are from MME's 'Holly Jolly' 6x6 paper pad.  They're rich and dark and I think they look great for a 'cold winter's night'.  I wrapped them in a sheer silver ribbon and bow from my stash.  The center of the bow is decorated with the top of a green pearl brad from WOC.  The ornamental straps at the top of the card were cut using a SB tag die.  I cut the tag in half and added red gems for a bit of bling.  I added the same red gems to decorate the tree.  I colored the images using a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger DI's.  I added a lot of shadow to the faces to accentuate the glow of the lamp.  I hope that's what it looks like!  Lastly, the I made snow with a little bottle of pearl paint.

One thing before I go...I finally made it to Twitter and would love to see you there too!  You can Follow me and my Little Darlings stamps on Twitter by clicking on the 'Follow @littledarlings7' button at the top right corner of my blog (directly above my picture).  I'll have announcements of all things 'Little Darlings' and 'ScrapGirl' for 2012...and I've got a lot planned!!!

That's it for me today!  Thank you so much for joining me in starting out a great 2012.  I wish you all a fantastically fun, healthy and creative year!

Hugs to you all,

Angie


21 comments:

Suzi said...

Oh! Angie, Your card is adorable, loving those mini Tildas, colouring, papers and design.
Happy New Year
Hugs
Suzi x

Evik said...

Your colouring is amazing!

Alberto said...

Hi Anie!!!

wonderful card and the collage of the two tildas is wonder! your background coloring is awsome!!! great as alaways, my dear! i send you a big big hug!!

Alberto

Linda said...

Wow what a stunning card!!!! the colors are spectacular!!!! Angie you do such wonderful work!!!!!Happy New Year to you and your family!!!!! Best wishes for 2012!!!!

Regina said...

Angie!!! I agree 100% with Linda!! Your work is STUNNING . The papers and the colors are spectacular!!!! Happy New Year to you and your family!!!!!

A marvellous 2012!!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Angie, your card is stunning! your coloring is perfect and I love all the accent pieces you add to the design! Cute, cute, minis used together.
Happy New Year, Hugs, Barb

Kim said...

Angie this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the scene that you have created and love the rich colors! Absolutely beautiful! Happy New Year to you and your family!
Hugs~ Kim

Peggie said...

Lovely card. Great use of color and neat that you put these two Tildas together.

Frea said...

Adorable card Angie, love those deep rich colours you used! Wising you a Happy Newyear, hugs Frea

christina said...

love the card ,the mini stamps are sooo cute i have a few but no winter ones totaly agree about the tree die its fab i love it!! thanks for sharing xxx

Myrna said...

Love how you get such dimension to your coloring and amazing background Angie!

Patti Jo said...

Wonderful card with your vintage look papers and beautifully colored Tilda's! Great embellishments to top these cuties off Angie!

Shelby said...

Beautiful work!

Shelby

julieprice3 said...

Beautiful card Angie! I love the cute Mini's and that stunning DP, Absolutely Gorgeous!
Happy New Year! Hugs Julie P

EnblogSail said...

Love the two cuties! Nice creation. Happy 2012!
Caryl

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Happy New Year to you and your family.
How adorable is your card. Everything is so beautifully done from the DP's to your exquisite coloring. The background with the snowflakes is awesome. I love the white tree. You couldn't make this card any better. Perfect.
Hugs Maz

Paper Tails said...

Beautiful card! The minis are adorable.

Karen

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Such a beautiful card, love the image and the die cuts
Lindsay xx

cabio's craft corner said...

How cute to stamp these two Tildas side by side. Very sweet card Angie!!
Hugs,
Cabio

BA said...

just adorable your card angie
wish you a happy year 2012
xoxo BA

ednamburgess said...

Just looking at this card for the 2nd time. So adorable. Like the extra tree on the side too. Edna

Related Posts with Thumbnails