LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, December 2, 2011

Black/White...


La La Land Crafts
Inspirational Friday

It's Friday Everone!  That means it's time for more 'Inspiration' at La La Land Crafts.  We've got a really fun theme this week...'Black and White'.  I just loved working on this project!  I got a chance to demonstrate the differences between the Copic grey sets:  N=Neutral; W=Warm; C=Cool, T=Tone

If you don't know the difference, here's a breakdown:

N's, or 'Neutral' greys are the most genuine and versatile.  They can be used just about anywhere.  They're great for coloring things like tuxedos, tires, shoes, boots, etc., anything that you want to look truly black.  They are also great for adding shadows over just about any color.  They are the perfect choice for coloring black hair.

W's, or 'Warm' greys have brown undertones.  They are best used when working with earthtones and other warm color families, like reds, oranges and yellows.  They're also beautiful when creating a more old fashioned look to something like a tuxedo.  I like to use them to lightly shadow around some of the edges of images to bring them together with the background.

C's, or 'Cool' greys have blue undertones.  They are best used when working with cool color families, like blues, purples, and some greens.  They're gorgeous on things like snow, snowmen, penguins, etc.  They are also great for adding shadows to clouds.

T's, or 'Tones' are somewhere between N's and W's.  They have a little bit of a brown undertone, but not as much as the W's.  The difference between N's and T's is similar to the difference between the Black 100 and Special Black 110 Copic markers.  I actually do not own any of the T's.  I haven't had the need for them yet.  Maybe someday!


Snowboarding Marci



When I first read what the theme was, I thought "How can I make something Wintery with black and white?"  I started looking through the images and found 'Snowboarding Marci' and it all just clicked!  I paired her with part of the Little Village Scene Digi from MIC.  I just love how they look together.  The dp is from my stash of 12x12 sheets.  The black cs is Bazzill.  I cut them both with dies from Go Kreate using my SB Grand Calibur.  The final project measures rougly 8x8 inches.  The big snowflakes are ornaments from the local craft store.  The sweet black polka dotted ribbon is from RRR.  I grabbed the doily and clear snowflakes from my stash.




Here's a closeup so you can see the coloring better.  I used W's on Marci's face and added a little R20 and R30 to her cheeks and the heart.  I also used W's on the houses.  Marci's clothes, the trees, and the rooftop snow were colored with C's.  Her hair and snowboard were colored with N's.  The winter sky was colored with a combination of C's and N's.  All of the snow on the hill got a coating of glitter and it sparkles like crazy IRL!

Copic markers:

C00, C1, C3, N0, N1, N3, N5, W00, W1, W3, R20, R30

That's it for me today!  I hope you'll try using the greys to create your own beautiful project!  Hopefully I've inspired you :-)

Hugs to you all,

Angie


9 comments:

Bribrie said...

J'aime beaucoup - Bravooo

Angela said...

Beautiful card Angie! Gorgeous coloring of course and I do love the images you worked with today.

Have a great day! hugs, Angela

Kathy said...

Very Pretty! Love it!

sandiblu said...

Beautiful Angie ! You've just given me a idea ...........

Hugs, Sandra xx

Colinda said...

So beautiful!!! I must give it a try. thanks for the inspiration!

louise said...

This is just wow and super colouring
Hugs louise xx

Sonia said...

Hello Angie
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! totally gorgeous colouring as always... Hope one day i coloured like you.
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Sonia said...

Hello again... thanks for the great info about Copic Grey Sets, I save this info on my computer.

KimCreate said...

Hi, I sumbled onto your blog thru Beate Johns. I'm glad I did, you have a lot of Copic marker tips and techniques to share! I'll be back.
Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails