LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Something For You...



Magnolia-licious DT Challenge!!!


Happy November Everyone!!!  My GOSH we're close to Christmas already!  After 43 years I'm still amazed at how fast time really does fly!  You know, you hear that all the time when you're a kid, but it doesn't mean a thing until you're old enough to realize that you're not young anymore.  I keep asking my son to stop growing up so fast.  He says he's trying not to, but he just can't help it!  He'll be eight next month and his skin is still as soft as it was when he was a baby.  It just makes my heart ache to remember him that tiny.  WELL....sorry about that.  My fingertips seem to have taken an unexpected turn down memory lane on my keyboard.  But, as always, the thought of Christmas always makes me reflect on my life and my family and friends.  I think that's why I enjoy making Christmas cards so much.  They always make me feel warm and happy inside.

I hosted this months challenge.  I was browsing the internet one day and for some reason ended up looking at Christmas and Winter photos.  I thought it would be fun to do a challenge with a photo inspiration.  Since I love both the warm rich reds, greens and browns of Christmas AND the cool, icy blues of Winter, I selected two photos and you can choose whichever one inspires you the most.

Here they are...

I selected these photos quite a while ago and I still love them both.  The DT gals have done an absolutely gorgeous job with their projects and I hope you'll stop by their blogs to get the details of each.  You can check out the challenge and prize details at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.  I really hope you'll play along with the challenge.  We always love to see how you all interpret the theme.


I'm having sooooooo much fun with my new stamps from the Magnolia 'Sweet Christmas Dreams' collection.  All of the images are adorable, but I do have my faves!  The one I chose to use today is one of them.  I'm sure you all have you favorites and Magnolia-licious has them all in stock right now waiting for you to get yours.

How about a look at my project! 


Something For You 
This gorgeous girl is #3055 Something For You Tilda.  I love how precious she looks with that gift hidden behind her back.  I've paired her with #614 Welcome To A Sweet Christmas.  She looks like she's showing up for a Christmas party!  I initially chose the Winter photo as my inspiration, but with the addition of the red and green, it looks a little like the Christmas photo too.  I guess I ended up combining them!
I colored both images with Copic markers.  I used a ton of colors over several days so I wasn't really able to keep track.  It's a lot easier to keep track when I'm able to sit down for a longer amount of time to color the entire picture in one sitting.  But right now I have a TON of stuff going on so I have to keep popping in and out of my studio.  ANYWAY, the idea was that the house would be blue with a white door and white trim.  But, now that it's done, the house almost looks like it could be the night sky with an open door floating around in the middle of it!  In retrospect, I probably should have made the house a different color :-(  Live and learn I guess!

The dp's are from a collection of BoBunny from last year.  The blues are gorgeous and they have this really pretty plum color running through here and there.  I pulled that color out for Tilda's outfit.  I went a little dark on the hat by mistake, but there really isn't much you can do to fix the really dark colors once you've layed them down.



This photo is just me trying to be a bit 'artsy'.  I was hoping to show you some of the dimension of the card.  They always look so flat in straight on photos.  All of the embellies are from my 2010 Christmas stash.  I purchased most of them from Michael's.

Challenges entered:
Just Magnolia - Merry Christmas
Crafter's Companion - Let It Snow
Cupcake Craftroom - Sweet Christmas
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Christmas Theme

That's it for me today!  Thank you so very much for stopping by for a visit.  I hope you'll leave me a little note so that I know you were here. 

I hope you have a wonderful day :-)

Hugs to you all,

Angie




23 comments:

Kate said...

Popped over from the challenge blog to take a closer look at your beautiful card.

** Kate **

Maryann said...

WOUW this card is absolutely stunning hun, and so is these two pictures, you shows here. They really show the perfect dream about christmas I think ha ha ha Your card is soooooooooooooo wonderful and I just simply LOVE it.

VioletHill said...

Amazing piece of art! I just love it!!! Lot of hugs! :)

sara said...

angie this is stunning love how you ended up combining the colours from both photos works so well just gorgeous
hugs sara x x x

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, I love how the plum color really pops out. Fabulous coloring as usual, love this card
Louise

Milaya said...

I love this card, it's magnifique!

Nivia Pitzer said...

Beautiful!!!
Thanks for your card!!!

www.scrapitzer.blogspot.com

ednamburgess said...

/this is the cutest card. Love the way the door looks so inviting. Edna

Frea said...

Wow Angie, this card is a knock out!! Love it, great scene. Hugs, Frea

Linda said...

Gorgeous card!!!-As always:)
Hugs,Linda

Only By His Grace said...

A lovely card Angie. I love how you colored Tilda. I love the effect of Tild outside the inviting doorway.
Hugs Maz

Molecraft said...

Stunning card, fabulous colouring and love the image!
Helen x

Angela said...

What a beautiful card this is Angie! I love those images together and they will be on my next order!! ;) Your coloring always looks so beautiful! hugs, Angela

Donalda said...

Oh this is just breath taking dear. I LOVE the blue house. You done perfect dear and your coloring is just gorgeous. I just love all the detail you have in your card dear. Big hugs

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely gorgeous Angie, I love everything!

Zora said...

Grorgues card Whit lots of details, love it. :O)

julieprice3 said...

Angie ,this is absolutely gorgeous! I love this one and your photo inspiration is awesome! Wonderful card, stunning! Can you tell yet that I love it...
Hugs Julie P

Julie P said...

Wonderful creation Angie, love the DP and the scene that you've created. Thanks so much for joining the Christmas challenge at Just Magnolia this week
Hugs Julie

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is just stunning! Love the design and the colors.
So glad you could join us at
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fabulous card.

Thanks for joining us on Crafters Companion Monthly Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x

Paula said...

This is lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at the crafters companion monthly challenge!

Paula DT

http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/

MrsK said...

Wow! This is Gorgeous! perfect for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with Cupcake Craftroom and hope to see you again soon! Hugz Sal x

buglvr2010 said...

So sweet! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails