LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, September 2, 2011

Pilot Luka...


La-La Land Crafts
Inspiration Friday

TGIF Everyone!  It's Inspiration Friday over at La-La Land Crafts!!!  Why am I involved???  Because I'm one lucky girl!  Let me tell you a little story...

At CHA in Rosemont in July, I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Irina Blount, the founder of La-La Land Crafts.  She had mentioned that she was going to ask me to join the DT, but then I announced my own rubber stamp line, so she didn't think that I would be interested.  Here's the thing...I may have my own rubber stamp line, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy working with other stamp lines.  And that's exactly what I told her!  So, here I am!  I'll be here every week for a couple of months, and then I'll be part-time after that.  I'm really excited about working with these images because they're just ADORABLE!

So, this week we were asked to inspire you with 'Stitching - Faux or Real'.  That's an easy one for me since I use my sewing maching on most of my cards.  I decided to ink up Pilot Luka since Irina 'gifted' him to me at CHA after I told her how much I love him :-)  Thanks Irina!  This was my very first time working with a La-La Land image and it was an absolute pleasure. 

Here's my card.  I hope you like it.


Pilot Luka
Isn't he just the cutest!  I just love that cardboard airplane.  That's something that my son would really enjoy.  So......I hope you can see my stitching.  It doesn't always show too well on camera.  I machine stitched all of the dp layers.  The dp's, btw, are from BG's 'Oliver' collection.  This is one of my fave boy collections of paper.  I originally purchased two 6x6 pads and I'm trying to make them last as long as possible.  Anyway, cs is by SU.  The Stampendous sentiment was stamped on a tag that I cut with one of the Magnolia DooHickey 'Dream Tag' dies.  Then I ripped it up a bit, crinkled it, and gave it additional age by rubbing the edge with some DI (I think I used both Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo by Ranger).  I also gave some cheesecloth some age with the same method, but I finished it off by spritzing it with water and rubbing it between my hands to take away the edges of ink pads.

I grabbed buttons from my stash and laced them with some natural string.  The gears are chipboard pieces from MIC.  I painted them with a silver paint pen and then rubbed them with a bit of DI for some age.  The image is painted entirely with watercolor with DI's.  Here are the color details:

Ranger DI's:  tea dye, tattered rose, antique linen, vintage photo, walnut stain, scattered straw, weathered wood, tumbled glass, shabby shutters, peeled paint, black soot, pumice stone

Well, that is it for me today!  I absolutely enjoyed making my first La-La Land project and I can't wait to get started on the next one.  You'll see it here next Friday.  Until then I'll look forward to showing you my other creations.

Thank you so very much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and will take a moment to leave a little note letting me know that you were here. 

Ciao,

Angie



5 comments:

pinkstampergirl said...

Angie,
It's always a pleasure to stop by and see what you have made next, they are all sooo completely adorable! This card is amazingly beautiful, I love the colors and the way you color is sooo stunning! Thanks for sharing him with us and the image is way too cute! Have a great weekend :D
Hugs, Briana

quiltindiva said...

Wow Angie,
Your cards are always so darn cute. I love how you color with DI's. I guess I should take your class over at CMC. I color with my copics and have taken the class for the Prisma colored pencils. I also love reading about the details of the cards you create.
Thanks,
Carolyn

Mary Lou said...

AMAZING Angie!!! I see why you liked this cutie pie!! Gorgeous coloring and cool embellishments ;) Lucky Irina to have you on board :)
Hugz

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Angie,

This came out adorable. The stamp is so cute and you made it really come to life. Love these papers and how you doubled up on the buttons.

Hugs, Mindy

Minasverden said...

Love it, very beautiful card,love all the details and colouring.:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails