LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, September 19, 2011

Magnolia Mini World Binder...


Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop
Magnolia Mini World Binder

Happy Monday Everyone!  Today we have a FANTABULOUS show for you!  Have you seen the new Magnolia Mini World Binders from Magnolia-licious?  They are sooooooooo awesome!!!  My mini's have been accumulating in one of my shallow craft drawers and it was getting to be very difficult to see what I had and to find what I wanted to use.  I couldn't wait to get my binder after Diana told me about it!  Now that I have it and it is all organized, it was well worth the wait :-)

So, since all of the Magnolia-licious DT girls have their binders (and we all love them), it was decided that we would show you what all you can do with them.  They aren't JUST for organizing ya know!!!  Why not make a craft project out it?  That's just what we did!

The challenge was to cover the Magnolia Mini World Binder using whatever materials we wanted, but 90% of the stamps had to be by Magnolia.  The DT has done a GORGEOUS job with this challenge!

As for the Hop, if you've come my way via Patti Jo, then you're on the right track!  If not, then you can catch the beginning at either the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog or you can go directly to Cheryl's blog.  Either way...ENJOY THE SHOW!



Mini Tilda's in a Giant Garden


I decided to, once again, go way back to my scrapbooking roots for this project.  I treated the front cover as if it were a scrapbook page.  The dp's are from BG's 'Urban Prairie' collection.  I've had these 12x12 papers for...like...EVER!  I don't often use 12x12 papers anymore.  These colors are soooooooo perfect for my style.  Since this project is for me and I'll be keeping it in my studio and referring to it often, I wanted to use papers that I absolutely LOVE to look at.  I think it's very important to surround yourself with things you love...even in your craftroom!  Well.....ESPECIALLY in your craft room!  How can you be creative if you're not inspired?  How can you be inspired if you're not surrounded by beautiful things?


I covered the side of the binder in a coordinating pattern.  The back, which I didn't photograph, has the same pattern paper as the front cover.  They were all mounted on black Bazzill cs and all edges were distressed.  I ran the front and back dp's through the sewing machine and added a little stitching around the border, but it doesn't show too well on camera.  In this pic you can see some of the dimension on the cover. 



In this pic you can see another view of the dimension on the cover.  You can also see a sneak peek of the inserts with all of the labels and stamps organized inside. 



Here's a better view of the first page of stamps and labels.  I have a lot of mini stamps and this part seemed like a daunting task at first.  I brought all of the materials from my studio to the kitchen nook and worked there for only a few hours.  This way I wasn't too far from my son while he was working with his new Lego Master Builder Academy (he's a huge Lego fan).  Once he's completed the academy, we'll be able to tell people that our 7 year old has his MBA!  Haha!  Anyway, I had sort of an assembly line going with the stamps and labels and the time flew by very quickly.  Now its done and I'll only need to add some here and there when the new releases come out.



I tried to reduce the overall frame of vision by drawing the eye into the center with this frame that was cut with my Go Kreate 'XXL Square Frames - Frilly #2' dies.  I was very careful when placing the dies on the dp because I wanted to capture a very specific area for the scene that I wanted to create.  I had it stuck in my head that I wanted to use a variety of mini Tilda's and position them so that they looked as if they were living in a giant garden.  I hope it looks like that to you too!  HaHa!

That gorgeous, actually bright pink, 3-D flower ribbon is from Webster's Pages 'Bloomer Deluxe Card' and it's available at Love To Stamp.  I LOVE these 3-D ribbons!  They add so much dimension to projects.  On this project, it created the foundation of the garden and gave the images a place to sit/stand.  I added a bunch of flowers from WOC, Petaloo, Kort & Godt, and KaiserCraft in 'Fairy Floss' and 'Sage'.  These paper blooms from KaiserCraft have turned out to be my new favorite flowers.  On a single card you get a variety of flower types in a close variation of the same color.  Because you get different flower types in a single package, you don't have to buy bunches and bunches of flowers to get a beautiful grouping.  They're extremely versatile and add a ton of texture to your projects.

On the left side of the scene, I added some pink chandelier glass by Magnolia.  The buttons, heart doily, and pearls are from my stash.  There are several Magnolia DooHickey Dies that were used throughout too:  Leaf & Swirl Die; Tilda Lace; Swirl Butterfly, and Doily Flower.  You can find the largest selection of DooHickey dies at Magnolia-licious.  Their customer service is fantastic and shipping is immediate.


This little cutie is #3012 Mini Tilda with Stuffed Animal.  She is currently available at Magnolia-licious.


Here she is as #363 Tilda and Her Bunny. She is also currently available at Magnolia-licious.



And finally, #275 Tilda with Lace Jeans. She is also currently available at Magnolia-licious.

All 3 Tilda's were colored with Copic markers, but I failed to keep track of the colors :-(

Well, that's all I have for today!  I hope you enjoyed your visit.  I know there were a lot of pictures, but it is a very detailed project.  Anyway, your next stop is the fabulous Sharon!  Have fun!

Ciao,

Angie


31 comments:

julieprice3 said...

This is awesome Angie, love how you've made a Tilda garden,just beautiful
Hugs Julie P

Cheryl said...

Just stunning, Angie! I love how the tiny Maggies are sitting throughout the garden! Gorgeous coloring, as always!

Paper Tails said...

Great project, The garden theme is awesome!

Daizeefli said...

Love the 3 D thing going on. Very nice! Your things are always so gorgeous!!

Patti Jo said...

The minis are perfect for a garden of flowers! Your coloring is so awesome Angie! Great job on your binder!!! They sure are nice to organize our cuties!!!

Janiel/ janny said...

LOVE THIS ANGIE! Beautiful..

happy week to you dear..
big hugs, Janiel

Cor* said...

SHUDDUP! This is so magical and sweet! love all the details from the paper to the chandeliers to the flowers......wow.....a gorgeous scene indeed!TFS

Monique said...

Wow. Beautifull.

Hugs Monique

Frea said...

Hi Angie, wow hun the cover looks awesome! Great job hun, love it! Hugs, Frea

*Vicki* said...

Oh my!! I'm so jealous now that I see your whole binder just full of mini mags!! I have ONE!!!! EEEK!! Your binder is just soooo sweet!! Love the added flowers and the papers are gorgeous!! So clever!! ;)

Tina Gilliland said...

This is sooooooo adorable! Love love the placement of the mini's!

Gesa said...

What a sweet idea to store your Mini-tildas. love how they play on the frontside.
~ Gesa

steph said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!

LaJanette said...

OH wow! What a great job you have done! I do love this garden for those mini Tilda's. Your coloring is FAB! I too like to organize my things and this binder just is oh so super cool!

Hugs;
Janette

lynn said...

absolutly gorgeous Binder, can't wait to make one.

Kelly Schelske said...

LOVE this Angie! This is such a fun project and the samples by everyone are gorgeous!

Hugs, Kelly

Gail said...

o my just like a story book..waiting for baby tildas to pop out ..love it..tfs..loves ya

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Awesome as always :O)

foxyenglishcrafter said...

Wow! The cover of your binder is stunning. A labour of love. I love the detailed post. My oldest lad used to love his lego,he would play for hours with it. I wish I did crafting back then.Lol. I think your album is truly inspirational and I would like to thank you for sharing it.

Happy crafting
Julie

Suzanne J Dean said...

So pretty Angie--I love how the mini's are perched in their own lil' flower garden, so very cute! Fabulously done!

hugz,
Suzanne

Linda said...

Wow angie this is fabulous!!!! what an awesome project!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Lovely binder cover. Cute idea to have the mini Tilda's in a garden of flowers. Lovely coloring too.
Hugs Maz

cabio's craft corner said...

You've made a beautiful flower bed for these cute mini images on your cover. Love the design of this altered binder. Thanks for the inspiration Angie. I have to do mine soon :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Elise said...

This looks so incredibly beautifull. Gorgeous!
Hugs Elise

Angela said...

What a gorgeous way to display your mini maggies! Beautiful work, Angie!

hugs, Angela

JustYolie said...

Hanging head in shame....I store my stamps in a binder but it doesn't look pretty at all. You did an amazing job!!!

Jilly said...

The minis are perfect for a garden of flowers! Your coloring is so awesome Angie! Great job on your binder, I impressed to watch your creation, best to gift any kids.
gifts for boys

kbrandy4 said...

Wow! Absolutely Stunning Angie!! Love your garden, you've done a great job!

Hugs Hazel xx

Regena said...

WOW!! looks like a lot of hard work..Great job!!

Christel said...

Gorgeous creation! Love the papers too! The binders looks fab!

Brook said...

What a gorgeous binder. Love all of the flowers and those Tilda's are so cute. Must have been a lot of cutting. Good luck to you son on his MBA (haha).

Related Posts with Thumbnails