LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, September 23, 2011

Hocus Pocus...


La La Land Crafts
- Inspiration Friday -

Welcome Everyone!  It's finally FRIDAY!!!  That means it's time for a little inspiration from the La La Land Crafts DT.  This week we're showing you different ways to use 'embossing' on your cards/projects.

In all honesty, I don't do a whole lot of embossing.  I have a bunch of embossing folders, SB dies that I could emboss with, and embossing powders (although I have no idea what I did with my heat gun!!!).  And still...I NEVER think about embossing!  Don't we all have things laying around our craft space that we just never get around to using?  Or even think about using?  I think we get into habits in our lives and in our crafting and we tend to do the same things over and over again.  So, I'm really happy that this challenge came along because it forced me to dig out my embossing folders.

Here's my card...

Hocus Pocus 

This little sweetie is Magician Luka from La La Land Crafts.  He arrived in my DT package and I just had to ink him up.  I was in the mood to make a Halloween card for a boy and he is just perfect!  I just love him all dressed up in his magician's costume!!!  My son has a magic set and every so often he likes to show us a magic trick before going to bed.  If he had a costume he'd be in absolute heaven!!!

The dp's and the sentiment are from Pink Paislee's 'Hocus Pocus' collection.  They were also in my DT package and I LOVE THEM!!!  Purple is one of my favorite Halloween colors.  You'll have to look closely at the orange layer to see my embossing.  I rubbed over it with Ranger black soot to show off the embossed pattern.  Since it's a 'boy' card, I wanted to keep the embellies to a minimum.  The corner pieces are from WOC and they started out silver...I colored them with a black Copic marker.  The gems and black web ribbon are from my stash. 



I colored the image with Copic markers.  Here are the details:

Copics:
skin - E0000, 000, 00, 01, 11, 13, R20, 30
hair - E41, 42, 43, 44, 50, Y21
star & hat band - Y11, 21, YR23
shirt - YG21, 23, 25
hat - N0, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
bunny - E30, 31, 50, R20, 30
shorts - B32, 34, 37
boots - E30, 31, 33, 44, 50
shadows - W00, 1, 3, 5

Well, that's it for me today!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you'll leave a little note to let me know you were here :-)

Ciao,

Angie


5 comments:

Carol Meadows said...

Cute ! Carol M in TX/carolswingster77@aol.com

Angela said...

Oh this is so cute! I love his curly hair! Beautiful coloring Angie, you really brought him to life. Love these papers you used! hugs, Angela

JustYolie said...

So cute!!! At first glance, I thought you had done some quilling on the hair....the curls are so cute!!

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Awe, this is too cute :O)

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Such a cute card! I had to take a double look at the curls in his hair because I thought you had done some paper quilling at first. :) X X

Related Posts with Thumbnails