LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, August 10, 2011

You've Got Style!


Little Darlings Challenge #5

Hello Everyone!  And welcome to another Little Darlings Challenge!!!  This week's theme is 'School Days'.  The Little Darlings Challenge Blog has all of the details of how you can enter and what you can win.  The Design Team has come up with some absolutely inspirational projects so make sure to stop by their blogs to see their details.  Don't forget, we've got two new fantastic DT ladies (Sara and Louise) and they've hit the ground running with some fabulous artistry!!! 

Here's my project....

You've Got Style!
I chose to work with the Little Darlings "First Bell" image for this challenge.  She's absolutely the sweetest thing and available right now at Love To Stamp, so head of over now and get yours!  She was a ton of fun to color with her long flowing hair and skirt.  I enjoyed it so much that I've actually started coloring her again for another project!  You'll see that another time :-)  As you know, I love rich, dark colors.  I picked up this paper at a local craft store and intended on using it for a boy card.  Then I thought "why can't it be used for a girl project?".  We're always using purples and pinks for girls, but girls can love Autumn colors too.  So, here it is.  It's for a girl and it's got blue, orange, gold, green.....and I LOVE IT!   
I found this notebook at Joann's and thought it would be great covered and decorated for school.  I added a pocket on the front for the bookmark.  The ribbon is actually some Halloween ribbon that I had in my ribbon drawer from last year.  The text is an old rub-on from my old scrapbooking days.  The scallop was cut using a SU punch. 
Here's a closeup of the bookmark.  I colored the image with Copics, but failed to keep track of the colors.  Sorry!  The ribbons are all from my stash and I think some are SU.  The flowers are from WOC and Magnolia.  There's a little doily in the background and I think it's from MS.  I picked up the sentiment at a local rubber stamp show over the weekend but I already peeled the sticker off of it!  Sorry again!  I'm not doin' really well on the materials list on this one!

News... 

Love To Stamp has the new Whimsy Stamps release ON SALE NOW!  Check it out!

Also, Love To Stamp is offering all 6x6 paper pads at $4.50 each (or less)!  Get yours while supplies last!

Well, that's it for today!  I've got some photos from Mindy's visit that I'll be showing later in the week.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed your visit!!!

Ciao,

Angie


3 comments:

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Angie. A gorgeous image and beautifully coloured
Clairexx

Angela said...

This is gorgeous Angie! I love the bright colors you used - so perfect for back to school colors! Awesome coloring too. Fabulous bookmark! hugs, Angela

Jilly said...

Well, I am very happy to read that the design team come with unique works. As well as I am regular reader of The Little Darlings Challenge Blog, it is perfect blog for being best in art work.
vaughan homes

Related Posts with Thumbnails