LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Warm Winter Wishes...



Little Darlings Challenges DT

Hi Everyone!!!  This time, the Little Darlings Challenges theme is 'Ruffles/Pleats'.  Sounds easy huh?  Well, not for me!  I'm not a ruffles and pleats kinda gal.  In fact, if I were a Spice Girl, I would definitely be Sporty Spice.  I was a tomboy as child and still don't feel completely comfortable in a dress.  So, this theme was DEFINITELY a CHALLENGE for me!!!  OMGoodness!  I put ruffles here and ruffles there...and kept removing them and praying that I would NOT tear the paper!  Oy!  Fortunately, I'm really happy with the result :-) 

I can say this with absolute certainty...Thank the Lord for Scor-Tape!  I was able to tape ruffles into place and then remove them and the Scor-Tape without tearing any paper!  Whoo Hoo!!!  This is why I've added it to my Love To Stamp store, along with several other awesome products from Scor-Pal.  My plan was to fill my store with my most favorite things that I would strongly recommend to someone, and the Scor-Pal products are definitely some of my favorite things!

Back to the task at hand...You can catch the details of the LD challenge and the prize over at the Little Darlings Challenge Blog.  You can also see the full line up of DT cards there and link to their blogs for the details of their projects.  How how about you???  We would love to see your challenge entry!  You can use any stamp you like for the challenge, however, the prize is doubled if your winning entry has a Little Darlings stamp on it :-)  You don't have a Little Darlings stamp?  Well then head on over to Love To Stamp right now and check them out!  There are 4 new Christmas stamps that were just released this week!


____________________________________________


Warm Winter Wishes
 
So, here it is!  I couldn't wait to work with this image titled 'Every Stocking Counts'!  The idea of her hanging up that little sock of hers is just adorable!  I colored the image with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with DI's.  Here are the details:

Copics:  E000, 00, 02, 11, 13, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, Y21, R20, 30, N1, N3

DI's:  antique linen, vintage photo, walnut stain, fired brick, shabby shutters, peeled paint, forest moss, black soot, worn lipstick, tumbled glass


I have no idea what the shape of this card is called, but I wanted to do something with a pocket for the sentiment.  I tried putting ribbon ruffles everywhere and failed miserably.  Then I settled on making pleats from cardstock.  THANK YOU SCOR-BUDDY!!!  I just love my Scor-Buddy!  It made making these pleats a breeze!  Besides that, it's so light and the perfect size to take with me wherever I go crafting.  PLUS, they're available now at Love To Stamp so go get yourself one!

The dp's are from the Three Bugs In A Rug 'Deck the Halls' collection.  I also used them to cut the snowflakes with my Marianne Design Creatables dies.  I also gave them a coat of Hero Arts - Prisma Glitter.  I put little clear snowflakes in the middle (from my stash) and topped it with a purple gem.  The corner pieces were cut with my SB Fleur De Lis Accents set.  I also used it for the top of the pocket card and gave it a coat of the same glitter.


Here you can see the pocket card a little better.  The sentiment is from a Whimsy set that I got last year titled 'Winter Letter Seals'.  I backed it with another piece cut from the same SB die set.  There are also more purple gems all over the place!  I went a little crazy with them!

Well, that's all I have for today.  Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit!  I hope you'll leave a little comment let me know that you were here :-)

Ciao,

Angie


3 comments:

Evette K. said...

Oh Angie this card is so stunning. Your details add so much to the whole picture. Magnolia stamps...how can you go wrong with these fabulous images? Great job on this card. I love it. ekc

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie,

This card is beautiful! I LOVE these papers. I have a feeling I'm going to need more of them. Your coloring is amazing, as always. I just love this Little Darlings stamp!

Hugs, Mindy

Mary Lou said...

Hi Angie~~oh how pretty:) Adorable image!!!
Thanks for visiting
Hugz

Related Posts with Thumbnails