LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Games...

Hi Everybody!!!  Can you believe we've already made it past the middle of August?  Why is it time flies when the weather is warm, but the freezing cold months seem to hang on forever??

Boy, I'll tell ya, this summer has really thrown me for a loop!  I don't ever seem to have time to color in my studio, so I've had to make due elsewhere.  For eight weeks I took my son to camp.  It was a short camp that only lasted 1.5 hours, twice per week.  It was an hours drive in each direction, so I learned how to pack up minimal coloring materials and bought an inexpensive plastic lap desk at the craft store.  I worked with both Copic markers and PrismaColor Pencils.  I didn't always keep what I colored because I was so limited with colors, but sometimes things turned out ok.  You'll see in a moment :-)


PaperPlay Challenges Team A

This week at PaperPlay Challenges, Team A has been challenged to a recipe!!!  Yay!  I love recipes!  When it comes to food and cards :-)  The recipe is 3 different embellishments, 2 patterned papers, and 1 lace.  Hmmmmm, What to do?  What to do?  First, I want to know what you're going to do!  You can enter too and win a great prize from Just Some Lines.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Now for my project...I hope you like it :-)


Summer Games


So, as I was mentioning earlier, I had a few colored images waiting in the wings.  Thank Goodness!!!  I found myself with a very unexpected, sizable, and completely UN-FUN project on my hands late last week (I'm still working on it!!!) and I didn't have much time to spend in my studio.  Fortunately, this Little Darlings 'Croquet' image was perfect for this project.  I paired her with two dp's from the Authentique 'Uncommon' collection.  I just love these papers!  The entire pad is pink.  Yes, pink.  I realize that it's not a favorite color of mine, but it is gorgeous in this paper pad.  And it's paired with my favorite color - brown :-)


Now for the lace and three embellies...  The lace - I didn't want to do my usual strap of lace across the card, so I pulled it with thread into a handmade flower.  Embellie #1 - I added a heart shaped doily from my collection.  Embellie #2 - an assortment of flowers from both Magnolia and WOC.  Embellie #3 - die cut heart shaped leaves using the new Magnolia DooHickey Die "Heart Swirl".  This is my absolute favorite new cutting die and you can get yours at Magnolia-licious - the best place to get all of your Magnolia products!!!  Diana always has great prices, the best customer service, and tons of Magnolia products to choose from.

As for the coloring...not good news.  I colored this quite a while ago and have no idea which colors I used.  Sorry!!!

One last thing...all 6x6 paper pads at Love To Stamp have been discounted to $4.50 or less.  If you live outside of the USA and would like to take advantage of these special prices, please email me at ajhunt{at}LoveToStamp{dot}com with your list of paper pads and your mailing address.  I will calculate the actual shipping cost and will email a PayPal invoice to you.

Well, that's it for me today.  I hope you enjoyed your stay and will come back again.  Don't forget to leave a little comment to let me know that you were here!  I always love to see who is stopping in for a visit :-)

Ciao,

Angie


6 comments:

Christina C. said...

What a sweet image, colored to perfection! Your details are luscious. Your work, as always, is spectacular.

sara said...

gorgeous card love those papers I've been looking at them and trying to be good but I know I will end up getting them so why am I kidding myself !!
Hugs Sara xx x

Stampin Mindy said...

Hello my friend!

There you go with the pink again! I think it's secretly your favorite color :) I still haven't used this pad you got me, I really need to, it's GORGEOUS! Beautiful work, as always!

Hugs, Mindy

Ren-Yi said...

Angie - this card is beautiful. I especially love the lace doily in the background.

Frea said...

Hi Angie, love this card, gorgeous peachy colours and O love that scroll with the heart and leaves on. I tried to see if I could find you mail address but couldn't find it. Will you send me an email hun I have something you might like. Hugs, Frea

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh this is gorgeous Angie!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails