LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Noel...

PaperPlay Challenges DT

Merry Christmas in August!!!  Do I have your attention???  Yes, it is time for another PaperPlay Challenge and this week we're celebrating "Christmas in August".  Wow, it's been a looooooong time since I've made a Christmas card!  It took a while to actually get in the groove.  It's usually really cold in Michigan by the time Christmas comes around.  It's been around 90 degrees here so I really had to use my imagination.  Believe me, I'm not complaining about the gorgeous weather we've been having, I'm just saying that it makes it a stretch to come up with a good Christmas card!

The timing was perfect in one respect though...I've got a sneaky peek of the upcoming Little Darlings Christmas stamps to show you.  This is the very first glimse at these little cuties!  Once I got into the Christmas mood, I had so much fun working with this image!!!

So, if you'd like to join in on the challenge, you can get the details at the PaperPlay Challenge Blog.  There you can also see the entire display of projects by the DT.  They are absolutely fantastic so I hope you'll pop on over there to check them out.  As for your project...I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Noel
This Little Darling is called "Decorating the Tree".  This stamp is a little taste of the gorgeous LD Christmas stamps that will be released soon.  She's just adorable trying to get that star on the top of that tree!  I love how she's pulling the tree over just enough to attach it.  I hope it doesn't fall in her!!!  Yikes!

I paired this image with dp's from Pink Paislee's 'Father Christmas' pad from last year.  I still love these papers and I'm thrilled that I have a second paper pad to dig into this year :-)  I often purchase my faves in pairs...hehehe.  I also threw in a sheet from the Memory Box 'Spiceberry' pad from last year.  The lace and pleated ribbon are from my stash.  The corner plates and snowflakes were a gift from my sweet friend, Mindy.  The corner plates were silver, but I coated them with a dark brown Copic marker to give them a bit of age.  I have no idea which color I grabbed though...sorry!  The bingo card sentiment is from Jenni Bowlin.  I added diamond Stickles to the edges of the image and all over the Christmas tree.  The whole card got a bit of aging by rubbing the edges with Ranger walnut stain.

I colored the image with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with DI's.  It was sooooooo much fun getting back to painting again.  I really missed it!  Here are the details of the colors that I used:

Copics:  E000, 00, 02, 11, 13, 41, 42, 43, 50, Y11, 21, YR23

DI's:  shabby shutters, peeled paint, forest moss, antique linen, walnut stain, vintage photo, black soot, fired brick

Well, that's it for me today!  I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please feel free to leave a little comment to let me know that you were here :-)

Ciao,

Angie

14 comments:

Diane said...

A really gorgeous Christmas card, Angie! That pleated ribbon at the bottom is a lovely finishing touch!
Diane x

Deirdre said...

Ahem..... Angie, it's sensational. That image is just stunning and your colouring is just AMAZING.

Love what you created - have a great week.

Cj said...

Stunning card.xxx

sharman said...

The image is as cute as can be. You did an awesome job on the card Angie. Love the colors that you used. I love that ribbon also. GREAT JOB as ALWAYS............

ednamburgess said...

Very cute. Like the way you've put it all together. Edna

Christina C. said...

What a gorgeous Christmas image, colored to perfection! Love it!

annieg said...

SHe is just beautiful. How different that the tree bends the way it does- great image.

Annika said...

OK, confess - what sort of a magical ink do you use that allows you to use both Copics and watercolours??? The result is absolutely amazing!!
Hugs
Annika

Céline said...

Hi Angie!
fab christmas card, love how you've used the ribbon
hugs
céline (paperplay dt)

BA said...

this is wonderul angie
xoxo BA

Linda said...

Wow Angie absolutely gorgeous !!!! Christmas my favourite!!!!! Fabulous work again!!!!!

Ren-Yi said...

This card is just awe-some. The coloring and paper selection; perfect trim & embellishments to complement it all!

Linda said...

I love everything about this card Angie it just has a lovely feel about it, like Christmas's past love Linda

Kitika said...

Love the design and the stamp is so cute!!! Absolutely gorgeous card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails