LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Get Well Soon...


Magnolia-licious DT Challenge!!!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!  Today I've got my Magnolia-licious DT Challenge card to show you.  The current challenge over at Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog is 'Nothin' But Paper!'.  That's right!  Diana challenged us girls to make something using absolutely nothin' but paper!  All I can say is "Thank goodness for my Doo Hickey dies!".

Before I get to my card, I have a little something sweet for you!


Scor-Pal CANDY!

These are some of my absolute favorite crafting tools:
Scor-Buddy
No More Shims
Glitter 'Clean Up Cloth'

I use my Scor-Buddy with almost every single paper project that I make.  I honestly don't know how I got along without it!  I must admit, my first scoring tool was an inferior product.  Once I had my Scor-Buddy, the difference in the quality of the materials and the quality of the scores was very obvious.  I donated the 'old' one and never looked back. 

The No More Shims mat is TOTALLY COOL!  I got to see first hand at CHA just how deep the embossing is when using this mat.  It's my new MUST HAVE crafting tool.

Finally, the Glitter 'Clean Up Cloth' is a must have for anyone that uses glitter.  As you know, it gets on EVERYTHING!  This tacky cloth allows you to easily clean up your work surface so it's completely glitter free!  LOVE IT!

QUESTION:  How do I get in the running for this CANDY???

ANSWER:  1.  Add your name to the inLinkz list at the end of this post.

2.  Become a Follower, if you're not already.

3.  Post this CANDY of the sidebar of your blog, provided you have one.

I will draw the winning number randomly and will post it on my blog on August 10th.
I will check to make sure that the winner meets all three criteria stated above!!!


And now for my card!!!


Get Well Soon
Well, you've all seen this little 'Nurse Tilda' as a mini in the Magnolia kit, but have you seen her in the full size yet?  Neither had I until Diana gifted her to me at CHA.  You're tooooooo sweet Diana!  Thank you!!!  Isn't this image just the cutest?  I couldn't wait to ink her up and you have no idea how difficult it was to hold this post until now!  Anyway, she'll be available at Magnolia-licious really soon!

I wanted to see how many Magnola products I could use on this card and, I must say, I got quite a few!  The dp's are from the Mini Sweet Rainbow Paper Pack.  I used almost the entire pack on this card!  The large flowers and leaves were cut using the following Doo Hickey dies:  Bon Voyage Foliage, Doily Flowers, and Heart Swirl.  The red roses were cut using the Marianne Design Creatables - Flower Buds and Leaves Die.  The bottom edge of the card and background to the image were cut using a MS edge punch.  I added bits of a white doily for a little more interest behine the image.  You almost can't see it, but there's a paper ribbon behind the image that I cut with another MS punch.  I cut the image with a SB oval grand nestie.  All cs is by SU.
I colored the Tilda with Copic markers.  The details are below.  I chose to make her uniform pink because white simply wouldn't stand out from the background enough.

Copics:  E000, 00, 02, 11, 13, 41, 42, 43, 44, 50, R20, 30, 35, 37, RV0000, 00, 02, W00, 1, 3, 5, N0, 1

Well, that's it for today!  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed your visit!!!

Don't forget to leave your name in the inLinkz list below :-)

Ciao,

Angie


30 comments:

Deirdre said...

Angie - fab candy, fab card - thanks for the chance to win! Posted on my sidebar, already a follower!

Nicola said...

Wow Angie, you're spoiling us with the candy up for grabs! Thanks so much, been a follower for quite a while now and love your work. This new card is just gorgeous, love everything about it! Your work inspires me
Off to post your candy on my sidebar
Love Nicola xxx

slbela59 said...

Love your card!!already a follower, don't have a blog, but tell everyone by email about your blog!! thanks for the chance to win.

slbela59atotmaildotcom

Beth said...

Love your card, Angie! Thanks for the chance at your yummy candy! Hope you're having a great week!
Hugs,
Beth

Lorraine said...

this is such a beautifl card hun and thankyou for your amazing candy i dont have any of these products(oh the shame)so thankyou i will keep everything crossed xx

Shannin said...

Angie this is the cutest card!! I love the papers you used and the image is just darling. Love the flowers as well. Thank you so much for the chance to win your great blog candy. I have posted on my side bar and I am already a follower. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs
Shannin

NGCARDS said...

Hiya Angie! This is great card hun, I wasn't too sure of this tilda when I first saw her but now I LOVE her :) xxx

Louise said...

Fabulous card, love the colours you used. Great candy would love to try out that shim thanks for the chance to win
Louise

Lena Katrine said...

I LOVE your card, sweetie! So beautifully coloured image, georgeous papers, and all those delightful paper embellishments you've created!!! Wow!
Thanks for the chanse to win some great candy too!
Have a great Weekend, hun!
Hugs, Lena

Paula said...

Thanks for the opportunity to win some great candy! I've been stalking you (oops, mean following you) for a while! Love your work (and this card looks fantastic!!!)

sharman said...

Sooo cute. I can't believe all of the card is made from papers.... Wow........ Great job........

Helen said...

Awesome card! I love this little Tilda! You did an amazing job with creating all the different paper elements! I love it!
~H
PS Thanks for the chance at your candy, too! :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Angie!!! I love, love, love this card!!! The papers are fabulous and love the red gingham with her!! Of course your coloring is beautiful!! Can't wait to get my hands on this cute little nurse!! Gorgeous paper embellishments! I love it all!
hugs, Sharon

Edna said...

Love it. Beautiful card. I like the stamp, the combination of colors and all embellishments. Thanks for sharing.

ednamburgess said...

Darling little nurse. Great card. Edna

Frea said...

Hi Angela, love this sweet card. These stamps are sooo cute!! Hugs, Frea

Dawnll said...

Adorable card sweetie- I am thrilled with your inspirational design.
I have added your fun giveaway to my sidebar- would love to win.

HandmadebyTLC said...

Love the pink copic list! the little nurse dress is really cute!
Thanks for that list!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Bizzi Hands said...

Gorgeous card... have been a stalker for a while! lol.. and have posted to my sidebar. I did wonder about the look of this new stamp in the pack! thanks for showing me what the normal size looks like! Just so cute..
Sally

Sharon in Arizona said...

Angie, what a beautiful card!!! Love this little nurse Tilda. And what wonderful candy - I really want a scor-buddy and haven't gotten around to ordering one. Would love to win. Thank you so much for offering this fabulous candy!!! Hugs, Sharon :o)

Elle said...

I LOVE< LOVE< LOVE this card! A must have stamp! The papers are perfect for her and her pink uniform is divine. Thanks for the chance to win.

Patti Jo said...

Hi Angie!!! Love the papers you used for the flowers and leaves! What a great layout and your Nurse Tilda is adorable!!! Fantastic job and I can see you are very busy and not just sitting by the pool!!! :)

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi Such a gorgeous card ! Love the papers you have used with the image and used for the flowers and leaves. Stunning ! Thanks for the opportunity to win this super candy . Kitty ;0)

Pat said...

Hey Angie! This card is just adorable!! I love this little Tilda. I just ordered her for my own collection! Can't wait 'til she comes!! I'll be stalking the postman! LOL!! Hugs. Pat Frank

Kitika said...

Beautiful card.
Great candy - thanks for the chance to win $)!

Katheleen said...

Really like this card - beautiful - you really were creative with the "only paper" challenge. Love it!

Michaela Lejonberg said...

What a nice card you have done!
And what a nice candy you have here in your blog! I'm follow your blog and i'm linking in my blog (familjenlejonberghjorth.se/scrapbooking) in the sidebar:)

Have a nice day!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, what a stunning card!
And thanks for the chance of winning your fabulous candy!

Crea-Sandra said...

Great candy, thanks for the oppotunity to win. I really love your cards!!

Love, Sandra

heaven4333 said...

Hi Angie,
Your nurse Tilda is adorable.
I can't wait to get my hands
on this one!
But Christmas cards already?
Wow not sure I'm ready for that yet. I hope I win the blog candy because I need a scorepal and the other goodies look interesting too.
You are a very talented artist!
Kathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails