LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nice To Meet You...

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!  Three more days til I leave for CHA and I CAN'T WAIT!!!   If you're planning on attending, I hope you'll stop by the Magnolia Mini World booth #2122 to see me :-)  I'd love to meet you!

Little Darlings Challenges

So...what is goin' on today???  Well, we've got a new challenge starting today over at Little Darlings Challenges!  The theme this time is 'Buttons and Brads'.  You can use any stamp to enter the challenge, but, if you use a Little Darlings stamp as the main image on your project, the prize is doubled!

Here's my card:

Nice To Meet You


I chose to work with 'Nice To Meet You', which is currently available at Love To Stamp.  He's paired with dp's from Crate Paper's 'Toy Box' collection.  I just LOOOOOVE this paper pad!  It is absolutely fantastic for all of your 'boy' projects.  I've used nearly every paper in the pad and probably only have enough for one more card : (  If you head on over to Love To Stamp to check them out, take a look at the rest of the Crate Paper pads because they're just wonderful.  I must give credit to Claudia for the paper 'ribbon' and button idea.  I saw this on one of her cards and just loved the idea.


I colored this image with PrismaColor Pencils.  It is my very first attempt with them and I couldn't be happier with the result!  To be honest, the pencils have been sitting in a drawer in my studio for ages.  My cousin used to use them, prior to her vision getting really bad.  She then gave them to me since I love to color so much.  I had forgotten all about them, until, for some reason, I opened that drawer a couple weeks ago.  I hadn't colored with pencils in...forever!  Really, it's been a long, long time.  The PrismaColor Pencils are wax based and are very soft.  They're so easy to color with and blend together.  They are absolutely gorgeous on the Kraft paper.  The texture of the Kraft paper is just perfect and gives the color something to grab hold of. 

So, because I was experimenting, I completely failed to write down the colors that I used.  I'm sorry!  Hopefully next time.  But, I still have a lot of practicing and experimenting to do with them.  While doing that, I usually just grab at colors to see how they work together.  I often times end up with a mess on my desk, not knowing what worked and what didn't!

Well, that's all I have today!  I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Thanks so much for stopping by : )  Don't forget to start work on your entry for the Little Darlings Challenge!!!

Ciao,

Angie


14 comments:

Patti Jo said...

And it will be so NICE TO MEET YOU! This is such an adorable card and love him on the background with the pencils!!! Terrific layout Angie!!! I'm so excited to meet you soon!!!

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Angie, this is so beautiful. Look out for another South Africa blogfriend, Tertia Jacobs, she's going to CHA!!!!! I'll tell her to look out for you. hugs Sharon

Chrissy said...

I love all the different papers, they work so well together. Very cute image and such lovely colouring.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Mary Lou said...

Hi Angie~~WOW this is ever so cute!! I love your coloring and you did great with the pencils ;)
Very neat papers for this little darling!!!:D
Hey friend see you at CHA!!!!!!!!!
Bigg Hugz

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh you talented girl, you!!! Fabulous job coloring with the pencils, Angie!! Love the result on the kraft paper! Those papers are delicious too! Gotta get over and check out your stamp line!! They are gorgeous!!
hugs, Sharon

Frea said...

Hi Angie, don't you love colouring on kraft paper?! You did a great job hun!! Hugs, Frea

Myrna said...

Love all the different looks that a person can get with one image! Awesome coloring with the pencils Angie! Love your card design and papers! All those gorgeous earth tones. :-)

Angela said...

Beautiful Angie! You have done an amazing job coloring on kraft paper with your pencils! FANTABULOUS!! :) Have fun at CHA!! hugs, Angela

Molecraft said...

Fabulous colouring on that kraft paper, love it and super papers too!
Helen x

Sussie said...

Your card is wonderful!
Warm colourscheme and great design.
I wish you a nice weekend! :)

...just Barbara said...

This is very cute and the center looks like leather - love that! The embellishments are great too and just the right amount for a boy card. ;D It's been so much fun being on this team and getting to know you! *Hugs

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Super job with the Prismacolor pencils. the Kraft paper certainly does give a different look. Hmmmmm!! mine doesn't look that good on Kraft paper. Maybe that's why I haven't put any on my blog. all your creations are gorgeous. I love those papers. The ribbon effect with the button looks great.
Have a great time at CHA.
Hugs Maz

julieprice3 said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colouring on the kraft background,lovely effect!
Hugs Julie P

Sandy Ang said...

what an adorable card !Hope you'll link it up to my Little Boy themed challenge here http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2011/08/sandys-challenge-5.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails