LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, July 1, 2011

Happiness is in the Little Things...

Hi Everyone!  Well, we've reached the end of another week.  They sure go by fast!  Today we've got some friends over to swim, play and eat.  We don't have a lot of plans this weekend, but we're going to take our son to see some fireworks one night.  I'm surprised he's not sick on them from our trip to Disney!  I am!  I'm not big into fireworks to begin with.  Once they send up a couple, I'm good to go.  After that it's just the same old same old until the end when they shoot off so many that you can't even see them through the smoke!  Besides, I don't know about where you all live, but here in Michigan people start with fireworks in early June and they continue through August.  It's absolutely ridiculous and it drives our dog bonkers.  Which  in turn drives me BONKERS!!!

Anyway......

Magnolia-licious DT Challenge

It's time for another Magnolia-licious challenge and the fabulously talented Mindy put together a fantastic sketch for us to work with.  You can get all of the details over at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog, but here's the sketch so you can get those creative juices flowing.

Mag-licious July sketch



The sketch was a lot of fun to work with. I rotated it 90 degrees because I wanted the sentiment to be in the upper right corner. I'm really pleased with the results. Anyway, I think sketches always make card making extra interesting.  So I hope you'll join in on the fun. I can't wait to see what you make!


Happiness is in the Little Things

I chose to work with #275 Tilda with Lace Jeans and #404 Mini Wilma with Rose.  Both are available at Magnolia-licious right now.  I paired them with a combination of dp's by My Mind's Eye:  Stella Rose 'Hazel'; Hip Hip Hooray 'Boy'; and Hip Hip Hooray 'Girl'.  They weren't designed to go together, but I love how they look!  It was a lot of fun to mix things up a bit instead of just picking patterns from a pre-designed paper pad.  The gorgeous blue flowers are from KaiserCraft.  The pack is called 'Sage' and they, along with many other colors, are available at Love To Stamp.  I just love these flower packs!  You get a variety of flower types, in different sizes, and varying shades of the same color.  THEY'RE AWESOME and a new favorite of mine!  I chose a sentiment from Whimsy's 'Magical Mini Letter Seals' set, which is also available at Love To Stamp.  The ribbon and big pearl brad are from my stash.  You can't really see it in the photo, but I gave the bows a coat of Star Dust Stickles.


I colored the images with a combination of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger DI's.  Strangely, I didn't write down the Copic colors, but the DI details are below:

antique linen, vintage photo, walnut stain, black soot, weathered wood, tumbled glass, worn lipstick, fired brick, shabby shutters, peeled paint

On a more personal note, I've got out-of-town guests arriving on July 5th and they're staying til I leave for CHA on the 17th.  So, I may not have as much time in my studio as I would like :-(  But, as I mentioned, CHA is coming up quick and I CANNOT WAIT!  I'll be running the Magnolia Mini Booth, so if you're there I would love it if you would stop by and say 'Hello' :-)  This time I get to meet and spend time with another very talented sweetheart...Ruby Montes!  Yay!  She'll be coloring Magnolia Mini images for everyone to see.  And, if I remember correctly, the fabulous Patti Jo Skogquist may be there as well.  How awesome!!!

Well, that's all I have to show you today.  Thank you so much for stopping in and taking a peek at my work.  I always enjoy the comments that you leave, so thank you for taking the time.

Big Hugs to you all!

Ciao,

Angie



13 comments:

Chrissy said...

Such a lovely card Angie, love the colouring, and cute image.Fab papers, really pretty.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Suzi said...

This is adorable Angie, love those two images together. Love your colouring and papers. Wish I could afford to come across the pond and see you at CHA. Maybe when I win the lottery. lol. I hope you have a wonderful time running the mini booth.
Hugs
Suzi x

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely gorgeous Angie!

Jan Scholl said...

I love the background as I think it would cover up any smudges from copics and lately I have a lot of smudges as I color in bed. Very sweet card.

Nicola said...

Stunning work Angie, your colouring is incredible, Tilda has come to life! Love your take on the sketch, you are truly an inspiration to me!
Love Nicola xxx

Koraliki Beaty said...

I really like your works :) beautiful as always :)

CraftyC said...

This is adorable Angie and beautifully coloured!
Clairexx

ednamburgess said...

Very cute card. Love the little girl and her dog. Edna

Mariska said...

Absolutely stunning Angie!!! I love how you color, that background is amazing and I love the papers you picked together. Gorgeous!

xxx
Mariska

Molecraft said...

Wow, stunning work, your colouring is awesome!
Helen x

Julia Sáddi said...

Great Card Angie! Love the Tilda and dog coloring!
xox Julia Sáddi - Brazil

Sheri said...

Jaw dropping GORGEOUS! The backgound is just amazing Angie! Have so much fun at CHA!!!

Angela said...

Awe this is so cute Angie. These 2 images do work beautifully together. I love this puppy! Beautiful job! big hugs, Angela

Related Posts with Thumbnails