LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Luvin'...


Little Darlings Challenges

Happy Wednesday Everyone!  We've got the very first official Little Darlings Challenge today!  Whoo Hoo!  I'm so excited!  The DT gals have a wonderful show for you today.  We've got a super simple 'Summer' theme to make it easy and fun for everyone to play along.  I know a lot of you have your Little Darlings (LD) stamps by now so I'm hoping to see a lot of entries in the challenge.  You can catch all of the challenge details and links to the DT gals blogs at the Little Darlings Challenges blog.  Don't forget, we've got a blinkie available to you there too if you'd like to help spread the word :-)

What's the prize???  Well, we're sponsored by Love To Stamp and you have the opportunity to win a gift voucher to the Love To Stamp store!  It's the place to find the Little Darlings stamps as well as many more of your favorite card making products.

I actually have two projects to show you today.  I was so excited to color both of these images since I hadn't gotten to them yet.  Both projects were a lot of fun :-)

First up is...


Sailboat of Dreams
After selecting the 'Sailboat of Dreams' image, I went on a hunt for dp's.  I wanted some hot summer colors and grabbed the Lily Bee Design 'Happily Lost' collection.  The colors just scream SUMMER FUN!  You can get both the image and the dp's at Love To Stamp.  I cut the image and background with SB nesties.  The looped border was cut with a MS punch.  All flowers are from WOC and the ribbon came from my personal stash.  Cs this time is by SU.

I colored the image and background with Copic markers, and there were A LOT of them!!!  Thank goodness for my Cryogen paper because everything blended so beautifully.  Whew!  Here are the color details:

E0000, 00, 01, 11, 13, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 50
R20, 02
RV0000, 11, 14
B0000, 00, 60
BG10, 70, 72, 75
Y11, 15, 21, 35
YR23
N0, N1

Next up...

Soooo Big!

Each year I like to make a little something for my son's 2 main teachers.  I've really been enjoying the corner bookmark that I made for myself a few weeks back, so I decided to make them for my son's teachers.  Since I have a little boy, the Little Darlings 'Soooo Big' image was the perfect choice!  My son just saw these bookmarks and asked me to make one for him.  He wants me to make the little boy look just like him.  He's soooo SWEET!  Anyway...the dp's are from JilliBean Soup's 'Watermelon' collection and they are available at Love To Stamp.  The flowers are from WOC and I think the lace is by American Crafts.  The ribbon is from my stash.  The really cool postage stamp sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps 'Postage Stamps' set and is also available at Love To Stamp.


Here you can see how the bookmark is used.  It just hangs on the corner of your page and keeps your place for you.  It's a super cute decoration too :-) 

I colored the image with Copic markers but failed to write down the details.  I'm sorry!  I was in a hurry :-(

Don't forget to check out the Little Darlings Challenges blog to get the details so you too can enter the challenge!

Well, that's it for me today!  I really hope you enjoyed your visit.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you'll leave me a little note to let me know that you were here!!!

Ciao,

Angie


8 comments:

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

WOW SO MUCH INSPIRATION!

I like every detail on both creations.Oh and the book mark is soooo precious now I want one lol! I really want to do one :)

Maybe later(whispering on the new release)

You are the queen of colour wowie so pretty!!!Ruby♥

Molecraft said...

These are both fabulous, especially love the bookmark, will have to have a go at one of those!
Helen x

ednamburgess said...

The sail boat card is so bright and colorful. Love it. Also like the teacher gift card. You are so clever. Edna

Robyn said...

These are both beautiful. Love how you colored the water on your card.

Only By His Grace said...

Once again two super creations.
The sailboat of dreams card is so lovely and bright. Your coloring is awesome. I love all the details.
The bookmark is so sweet. A great design. That so big stamp is so cute. I love the colors and that stamp is perfect for the teacher.
Hugs Maz

Angela said...

This is really beautiful Angie! I love how you colored Sailboat of Dream with your bright colors! Everything coordinates beautifully. And I have to make one of these sweet bookmarks you made. Gorgeous!! big hugs, Angela

cabio's craft corner said...

Great to see you use thees stamps to create two different projects. fun to see the different styles from these summer and bright coloring. Cute! Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

...just Barbara said...

Love these projects and the bookmark is fabulous - great coloring too! ;D

Related Posts with Thumbnails