LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mini Twins...

Happy Wednesday Everyone!  I hope you're all having a great week so far.  Mine has been a pretty busy one.  Thank you for taking a moment to stop by in your busy day.

We've got a black/white + one challenge going on at Magnolia-licious Highlites right now.  Monday's blog hop was fantastic wasn't it?  I actually made a different card for it initially, but the color didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, so I made another card for the challenge.  Anyway, I decided to show you the first card since the colors really pop and the dp's are gorgeous.

Here it is...

Mini Twins
These little sisters are #3011 Mini Tilda with Staw Hat and #321 Mini Hello Little Butterfly.  You can get them both at Magnolia-licious right now.  I paired them with a combo of dp's from LilyBee Design - 'This & That' and 'Happily Lost' collections.  Both are available at Love To Stamp.  I just love the LilyBee papers.  They have a really great texture and the patterns/colors are so gorgeous.  I have a really easy time combining papers across collections.


The gorgeous thick black ribbon is from American Crafts.  It really brought this card to life.  The little black gems are from my stash.  I cut the image with a SB circle nestie.  All flowers are from WOC.


I colored the images with Copic markers.  As mentioned above, the challenge was black/white + one other color.  I had colored the girls clothes to perfectly match the paper and flowers.  Then, I made the mistake of bringing in a little grey for the shadows and blending.  As I blended, the color changed to more of a purple-ish.  I couldn't leave it like that in the one section, so I continued with it all over.  So, the clothes no longer perfectly match the dp's, but it's not all that bad either.  I still think it's a beautiful card :-)

Copics:

E000, 00, 01, 11, 13, W00, 1, N0, 1, 3, 5, 7, RV25

That's all I have today.  Thank you so much for stopping by :-)

Ciao,

Angie



18 comments:

Only By His Grace said...

OMG! Simply gorgeous. To be honest I have never been keen on the mini magnolia stamps but after seeing how beautifully you colored them I have changed my mind. They are adorable.
The shade of their clothes is awesome.I love those papers too especially the balck and white one.
Wonderful.
Hugs Maz

Suzi said...

This is Lush Angie, love the DP's and those two sweet Tilda's are stunning. Gorgeous creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Danielle said...

Really beautiful card.
Love the colors and paper you have used.

Hugs
Danielle

ednamburgess said...

This first card you made is great. Love the red colors with the B & W. Edna

Rene said...

Awwww...this is gorgeous!!!
Rene :D

Kim said...

What a cute card. The paper really makes it pop.

Card Crazy said...

Beautiful, elegant card! Lovely combination of DPs.
Sue S.

Barb Hardeman said...

I love your twins Angie...they sure don't look like mine! Giggle! This card is gorgeous, with your signature colors all over it! Beautifully done...hugs...Barb

Cami said...

Very pretty card and I like the "twins" Angie. Actually, both of your cards are gorgeous!
Hugs, Cami

Molecraft said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and that ribbon does look fab!
Helen x

Peggie said...

How adorable. Love these two images together.

Crafts2do4fun said...

WOW! Love the way you colored these minis, I LOVE the minis, you are such an inspiration.

cabio's craft corner said...

So very sweet. Love the cute laying of these two Tilda and what a cute twin theme :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Angela said...

Very pretty card Angie! I love this color combo and your coloring is beautiful! hugs, Angela

Elle said...

What a sweet set of twins. Aren't the mini's fun to play with?! Best of the best as usual!

DvL said...

Beautiful and Sweet card!!

Patti Jo said...

Aren't they the cutest?!!! Love this layout and the colors are so striking! Awesome card Angie!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful card Angie!!!! The twins are adorable!!!!! Great job!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails