LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tilda and Her Bunny...

Hi Everyone!  I hope all of you in the States had a great holiday weekend!  Ours was both busy and relaxing.  My husband and son had a Father/Son afternoon on Saturday, which gave me some time in my studio.  On Sunday, I made my way to the the nursery and finally bought flowers for the beds, front porch, and back patio.  My son helped me pull weeds too.  I've been so busy with my new Love To Stamp store and all of my other commitments, that I forgot all about my love for gardening!  I stood in my backyard looking at the weed growth and realized that the house looked as if we'd sold it to people that just didn't give a hoot!  So, I had a nice relaxing trip to the nursery with my son.  He was so excited to pick out the petunias for the pots on the back patio.  He's such a sweetie! 

Anyway, on to the reason we're here...


Magnolia-licious DT

It's time for another Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge!!!  This time Janiel has challenged us to do a project using only Magnolia Minis!  What fun!  You can play along to!  Get all of the details over at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!


Tilda and her Bunny
I chose to work with #363 Mini Tilda and Her Bunny, and paired her with #657 Mini Spring Tree.  Both are available at Magnolia-licious right now.  The gorgeous dp's are from Jillibean Soup's 'Spotted Owl Soup' collection and you can get them at Love To Stamp while supplies last.  All cs is by Bazzill.


As usual, the flowers are from WOC.  The lace is from American Crafts and I gathered it a bit with some thread to make a backgroud for one of the blue flowers.  My really good friend, Mindy, sent me a little package that included some of the flowers and the feather.  Thank you Mindy!!!   Big Hugs!!!  I love the nice, soft touch that the feather lends.  The pearls are from a Prima pack that I've picked from over and over again.  These were the last of it. 

I colored these images with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger distress inks.  Here are the details:

Copics:  E000, 00, 01, 11, 13, Y08, 35

DI's:  black soot, peeled paint, shabby shutters, weathered wood, tumbled glass, antique linen, walnut stain, vintage photo

That's it for today!  Don't forget about the contest over at Little Darlings Challenges!  There's still time to enter to win some fabulous prizes!

Ciao,

Angie

12 comments:

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Angie, this is so beautiful.Love the colours and details, fabulous design, and papers.
Luv CHRISSYxx

ednamburgess said...

Another great card. The stamp is darling, the colors good and like the idea of the octagon shape instead of the usual circle, oval or square. Edna B.

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. Love the little scene.

Iulia said...

What a sweet card, Angie! You created a simply delightful scene- you must have found inspiration in your own garden:) Love the unique way you add shadows and darkers spots in your coloring. It looks awesome! Love the flkuffy feather and of course the WOC flower clusters! Great work sweetie!
Have a nice happy day!
Iulia

Jopie said...

wauw very beautiful card.
love Jopie

Angela said...

What a pretty combination of colors Angie. Love your layout and gorgeous coloring too! The fluffy feather adds a lovely touch. Beautiful job! :) hugs, Angela

Molecraft said...

Beautiful card, love the images and gorgeous colours!
Helen x

Only By His Grace said...

Super layout Angie. I love the color choice of yellow, blue and white.
Tilda looks gorgeous done in those colors. I love the background.
Hugs Maz

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

Beautiful and the design is so great. Bye Mascha

Patti Jo said...

Just love how you do the backgrounds Angie! Your coloring is awesome! Adorable card!!!

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous! Love the scene!
Hugs
Cordine

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Angie! Love your card! Your coloring is always so gorgeous and the colors are beautiful! Yummy papers and embellies too!!! hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails