LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Father's Day! (a little early...heehee)


PaperPlay Challenges!!!

Hi Everyone!  Well, I'm a day late with my PaperPlay Challenges card...I'm sooooo sorry!  Wednesday was my son's last day of school and now my whole schedule is flip flopped!  Anyway, DT "A" was challenged this week to a 'Father's Day' theme.  How fitting since the big day is right around the corner!  Funny how that works out, huh?  My store, Love To Stamp, just happens to be the sponsor too!!!  Feel free to head on over there and take a peek at what's in stock.  I've added all kinds of goodies recently!  Back to the challenge, all you need to do is make a project with a Father's Day theme!  It's that simple!  I can't wait to see what you come up with :-)  Be sure to stop by the other DT gals blogs to see what they have to show.  All the girls have really outdone themselves with this challenge!

Here's my project...

Happy Father's Day
This little cutie pie is my Little Darlings 'Soooo Big' image.  He's available exclusively at Love To Stamp.  I paired him with this wonderful #570 Windmill by Magnolia.  They're in stock right now at Magnolia-licious.  The sentiment is by A Muse ArtStamps.  The gorgeous dp's are from the My Mind's Eye - Lime Twist "Fly a Kite" collection and are also available right now at Love To Stamp.  To embellish, I very simply wrapped some string around the card and added a couple of brads...all from my stash.  I like to keep masculine cards a little more plain.  It just doesn't seem proper to add the flowers and frills to them.


I colored the entire scene with Copic markers.  I had a huge pile of markers and completely forgot to write them down before I started putting them away.  I was half way through cleaning up when I realized it, but it was too late :-(  I used dots for the background.  I saw the technique in the Summertime issue of Magnolia Ink.  Chris Dark did a much better job with it though!  This was my first attempt and I have a loooooong way to go before I'm really happy with it.  I really need to work on the dimension of the landscape.  I like the dotted clouds though.  I think they turned out pretty good for a first try!

Well, that's it for me today!  Thank you so much for stopping by :-)  I hope you'll leave me a little note to let me know that you were here!

Ciao,

Angie


21 comments:

Chris said...

This is just adorable. Love the pointillism you used! Your windmill looks great. I've yet to use my windmill stamp. It intimidated me! LOL I really love the reds with the brown. Sweet card, Angie!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Marijke said...

Ohhh wauw, this card is amazing!!!
Love your colouring!!!
Hugs,
Marijke

Suzi said...

Gorgeous!! Fantastic Fathers Day Card. love the colour combo and both the stamps.
Hugs
Suzi x

Beth said...

Darling card, Angie! Great job of coloring, and I think your dotted background is awesome! Gorgeous hob!

Beth said...

LOL, I mean gorgeous JOB in my previous post! :D

Frea said...

Hi Angie, wow what a great combination those two stamps seem to be made for each other! Love this card! Hugs, Frea

Gina L said...

this little scene is awesome. I love how you did the sky and grass, too.

Maryann said...

Your card is just so cute Angie. I love this little guy and the windmill is great for this little scenery here. And I love the colors too, that you´ve used onhere. All fits soo perfectly together. hreat work hun.
have a wonderful week-end.

Rene said...

Oh so wonderful!!!! Love the colors you used and that image of yours is soooo cute!
Rene :D

Christina C. said...

This is phenomenal, Angie! Love it!

*Vicki* said...

Your coloring is amazing on this!! What a darling creation!! Thanks for sharing!! Smiles

LouDotMac said...

This is jaw dropping!! Your colouring is amazing!! Really perfect masculine card!

xo Lou Mac.

Barb Hardeman said...

Such a darling card Angie! Love how you use the reds and browns with such beautiful results. Mine would look like mud!! Your image is just as sweet as can be!
Hugs,
Barb

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Angie!! This is brilliant. I love those red and browns and the little guy is as cute as can be. Perfect card for Father's Day. Super job with the spots. Love it all.
Hugs Maz

Angela said...

Angie, wow what an amazing scene! Your coloring is absolutely perfect! Gorgeous!!!! hugs, Angela

Jean said...

What a terrific card, love that little guy and the scene is fabulous!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

Brilliant scene I might say.

Loving the dot technique, has always been my favorite to zoom through colouring :)

Always loving your DP ,YIKES!!!!

Awsome card,Ruby

Danielle said...

Aswesome card Angie. Gorgeous redsand browns.
Hugs.

Elle said...

The windmill fits perfectly in your design. Cute!

Molecraft said...

Wow, this is stunning, your colouring is amazing!
Helen x

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Darling card, Angie! And I think you did great with your "dots". Good job!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails