LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy 4th of July! (a little early...hehe)

Happy Day Everyone!!!  Boy Oh Boy have I got a lot goin' on these days!  Whew!  So much that I did something that I don't like to do!  Shame on me!  I have been very short on crafting time lately, so instead of skipping a DT challenge...I combined two of them!!!  Oh, I know!  I'm not happy with myself either.  But it was the better of the two options that I had facing me.

So...which challenges did I combine? 

Little Darlings Challenges
and
PaperPlay Challenges

The Little Darlings Challenge #2 started yesterday and runs through July 12th.  We're sponsored by Love to Stamp and you can win a gift voucher to the store.  The theme this time is 'favorite color combo'.  Well, I don't exactly have a favorite color combo, but I do have a love for deep, rich colors.  And, with the Indendence Day celebration right around the corner, I chose to work with red, white, and blue.  The Little Darlings Challenges run on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month, and there is an extra week this time around so you have some extra days to get your entry in.  I hope to see you there this time!!!  And don't forget to mosey on over to check out the Little Darlings DT projects...THEY ARE SPECTACULAR - SPECTACULAR!!!

Over at PaperPlay Challenges we have a 'Stars & Stripes' theme!  This week's sponsor is Just Some Lines.  I hope you'll take the time to checkout all of the DT projects.  We've got a really talented group of designers :-)  Also, you have one week to get your entry in.  I can't wait to see what you make!


Happy 4th of July
I wanted to make a card for Independence Day - July 4th, just so I could use my new BoBunny 'Liberty' paper pad.  I absolutely LOVE THIS PAPER!!!  There are still a few available at Love To Stamp, but when they're gone...they're gone!  There are actually a lot of new 6x6 paper pads in the store right now that you may want to check out!  Anyway, I chose to work with the Little Darlings 'Just Swingin' image from the new Summer Release 2.  My gosh!  If she doesn't just look like any young girl just swingin', with no worries.  Oh to feel like that again!  When I was a kid, we had a wooded area behind our house.  There was a tree fort in one of the big trees and the only way to get down from it was to swing like Tarzan from a rubber hose.  You could hold on and swing back and forth forever!  That's what this image reminds me of :-)


Because there is so much going on with the dp's, I didn't add too much in the way of embellishments.  I cut the background from the dp's with SB nesties and it really brings the whole card to life!  I wrapped some string around the card a few times and laced up some buttons.  The sentiment is from my stash and no longer has the name of the manufacturer on it.  The star charm is also from my stash.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  The details are below:

E0000, 00, 01, 11, 13, 41, 42, 43, 50, NO, 1, 3, 5, 7, C00, Y21, YR23, R30, 37, B21, 26

That's it for today!  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed your visit :-)

Ciao,

Angie

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Great card for the 4th. Love that DP too. Perfect!

Gina L said...

Great papers and I love that image! The twine is a great touch.

Patti Jo said...

Wheeeeee!!!! Your Little Darlings bring back so many fond childhood memories!!! Adorable card Angie, you really know how to put things together soooo nicely!!!

Ren-Yi said...

Very fun card - it reminds of my good old days of riding tire swings as a kid! :)

...just Barbara said...

Wow! I loved this card when I saw it and the distressing and vintage style paper is perfect. Great coloring too! *Hugs

Related Posts with Thumbnails