LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shabby, yet Chic!

Hi Everyone!!!  I've got a card to show today that is very out of the ordinary for me.  I have some of the beautiful, soft, and sweet Melissa Frances papers and I wanted to do something equally soft with them.  I had also just received some stamps that I had ordered from Diana and couldn't wait to use them.  I've been pretty sick lately, with a really bad sinus infection and now a virus on top of that.  I had a day when I felt good and wanted to make something really quickly.  This is what I came up with.  I hope you like it :-)


Tilda Hugging Bunny

This adorable image is #305 Tilda Hugging Bunny.  I don't see her in stock over at Magnolia-licious right now, but I bet she'll be back soon.  As I mentioned, the dp's are from Melissa Frances' '5th Avenue' collection.  I colored the bunny, Tilda's hair and skin with Copic markers, but her clothes and background were painted very lightly using watercolor with Ranger DI's.  Because the colors are so soft, the painting didn't take long at all.  I think this entire card only took about 1.5 hours!  This style is soooooooo not me, but I absolutely LOVE how it turned out and I really enjoyed trying something new.  I may not be able to give this one up!


All of the flowers and lace are from WOC.  I cut the sweet little butterflies with a MS punch/stamp combo set.  The pearl sprays are from the wedding section at Michael's.  I used my Zutter distressing tool on all of the edges and then inked them with Ranger walnut stain.  The metal corners are from WOC as well.  They, along with nearly every piece of paper and the flowers, were brushed with a bit of Ranger crackle paint in 'Picket Fence'.  The pearls at the top are from my stash.


Here's a view of the card closed and flat so you can see the tattered edges and the dimension of the embellies. 

Copics - E0000, 00, 01, 11, 40, 41, 42, 44, 50, R00, W1, 3

DI's - tumbled glass, weathered wood, pumice stone, shabby shutters, vintage photo, antique linen, tattered rose, walnut stain

I'm entering this card in the Just Magnolia/Just Hanglar DT Call.  I'm crossing my fingers!

Ciao,

Angie

24 comments:

Angela said...

Oh this is beautiful Angie! Definately not your usual style but you've done a fabulous job! Love all your details (especially that corner - love that crackle finish on it).

Hope you feel better soon! big hugs, Angela

Linda said...

Wow what a stunning card very very pretty!!!!

Chrissy said...

GORGEOUS!!! Everything about it is GORGEOUS. And I know what you are saying about giving it up ...I have a few tucked away, they are home...to stay...lol..[how sad is that]
Great job!!
Luv CHRISSYxx

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
First of all I hope you are feeling a lot better.
I love the style of this card. The colros look great. Love all the edges and the pretty lace down the left side. the corner embellishment is a lovely addition too. Your coloring is so lovely and soft. I would keep it too if I had made it.
If you don't get on the DT with this card I will eat my hat...heehe. Oh yeh! the hair looks fabulous.
Hugs Maz

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I love the soft look. I cannot believe this took only an hour and a half! Wow. It doesn't look like a 'quick card'. Love the image and those DPs are beautiful!! Amazing as always! I hope you get the JM spot I would be HONORED to be on another dt with you!!!!!

Hugs!!!

Linda Peo. said...

Such a lovely card!!!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a gorgeous card, Angie! This may not be your 'normal' card but it sure is beautiful. You do such a lovely job on every single one of your cards. I am in awe of your talent. Love all of the dimension & embellies.
Sorry to hear that you've been ill. Prayers that you get better real soon.
Gentle Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Rosie said...

OMG, this is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful, stunning, fabulous, etc.!! I sooooo love this card and definitely wouldn't part with it either...unless, of course, you want to send it to me, then it would be okay to let it go! Hugs, Rosie

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

uhhh this is spectacular!! Yup not your usual style but now we know you could do any style he he he.

I LOVE IT GIRL!!!! So much pretty papers and embellishments.Those borders are awsome btw.Ruby

RenateKreativ said...

What a beautiful card, adorable.Great job.
Hugs Renate

Sharon Keanly said...

It may not be your usual style Angie, but I just LOVE it. I'd give my eye teeth to be able to produce a shabby chic card as beautiful as this. Well done! Stunning! x

angelwhispers said...

Hope you are feeling better Angie!!

The card is just so adorable and I'm loving the soft tones and the shabby chic look you have done here is just amazing!! Love it Chanelle xxx

Barb F said...

Sure hope you get well soon!! Your card is wonderful! So fresh and spring-like! LOve your coloring and all the embellies!!!

cathylynn said...

My goodness this card is drop dead GORGEOUS!!!! Wow you created a genuine beauty here. I love the style and colors and of course all your details.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Katy said...

Love this Angie, this is one of my all time fave magnolia images :) adore shabby chic aswell...just gorgeous!! xxx

*Vicki* said...

Oh wowzer!! This is such a stunner!! I love the shabby chic style and you've knocked it out of the park girl!! TFS!! Smiles, Vicki

Karen Arthur said...

Oh my goodness, this an absolutely GORGEOUS card!!! I love the soft colors and accessories.
Hugs, Karen

Eulanda said...

Angie this is GORGEOUS! Good luck on the DT call (not that you'd need it). :)

Molecraft said...

This is gorgeous, love the colours and fab distressing! Hope you feel better soon!
Helen x

Robin Cooper said...

Love your shabby card!!! Very pretty!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and lovely pastel coloring. Plus the elegant and pretty embellishment is awesome :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon Caudle said...

Angie!!! What gorgeous distressing!!! I love the entire look to this card. The coloring is perfect for this style! You hit this one out of the ballpark! LOVE it!!!!
hugs, Sharon

Heidi said...

This image is so sweet and you have colored it so beautiful. Love your card

Hugs from
Heidi ♥

Sandy said...

Hey Angie - I seem to be a day late and dollar short these days. I certainly hope you are all well by now. Honey, your card is sooooo beautiful - so soft and elegant. I love the juxtaposition of the cute little Tilda image and then the beautifully elegant wedding atmosphere. Quite nice. I love everything about it Angie!
XO Sandy

Related Posts with Thumbnails