LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hello Little Butterfly!

Hi Everybody!!!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  I'm finally feeling more like myself again.  It sure was a tough couple of weeks.  My son was home for a week and a half and I was sick through the whole thing :-(  Fortunately, hubby stepped up and helped out a lot.  I think he was feeling really sorry for me. 

My new stamps from Magnolia's 'Butterfly Dreams' collection have been sitting on my craft desk just taunting me.  Hubby took our son to a movie yesterday and I was definitely in the mood to color after having been away from my studio for so long.  I inked up 2 of the new stamps and I just love how my card turned out.  I hope you like it too!

Hello Little Butterfly

This little cutie is #321 Hello Little Butterfly and I paired her with #505 Stone Pathway.  Both are from Magnolia's 'Butterfly Dreams' collection and are available at Magnolia-licious, along with the rest of the collection.  These gorgeous dp's are from PinkPaislee's 'Butterfly Garden' paper pad and they're just stunning!  I love the entire pad.  Tilda is backed with a matte that I cut using my Spellbinder's 'Lacey Square' die.  The vertical strip was punched with a MS border punch and layered with some lace from my stash.  The leaves were also cut with a MS border punch.  Both the ribbon and pearl are from my stash.  All of the flowers are from WOC.


I colored the entire scene with Copic markers.  I honestly haven't worked with my DI's much lately because I've been enjoying my Copics.  Sometimes you just need a change for a bit.  But, I'm sure I'll miss them and will start using them again soon :-)

Here are the details of the colors that I used:

Skin:  E0000, 000, 00, 01, 11, 13, R20
Hair:  E41, 42, 43, 44, 47
Flowers:  YR00, 04, R02, 08
Dress:  E40, 81, YG91, 95, W00, 1, 3
Boots:  E40, 41, 43, 44, W3
Rocks/Grass:  E40, W1, 3, 5, 7, YG91, 95, E87
Sky:  B0000, BG70

Oh!  A quick reminder about the Magnolia-licious Easter-Spring Extravaganza Contest!!!  It runs til April 19th so you still have plenty of time to get your project entered for one of the fabulous prizes!!!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!!!!!

Well, that's it for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you'll leave a little comment to let me know that you were here :-)

Ciao,

Angie

41 comments:

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! : )

ultraroyale said...

Hi Angie;
Love your card. Themonachrome effect is outstanding. Of course all of your cards are outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!!
Bob L.
Www.happycardmakEr.blogspot.com

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card and stunning coloring, Angie! Love those flowers!
hugs, Sharon

Barb Hardeman said...

Honestly Angie...your work is always exceptional, but this card is truly ART!!! Your coloring is fabulous and I love the way you blended your colors to look almost monochromatic, but the splash of orange is gorgeous!
Sensational...Barb

LindaC said...

Simply gorgeous...love the colors you chose. LC

Beth said...

Wow, Angie, another beautiful card! LOVE everything about it! Glad to hear that you and your little guy are feeling better! :)
Hugs,
Beth

Sheri said...

She is adorable and your coloring is so amazing. Love your card!!

Chris said...

I am so loving the browns! This is just too sweet, Angie! I love the cobblestone she is standing on. That stamp is just adorable as is your coloration. Love it!

Patter Cross said...

This turned out adorable. Love the "pops of peach." Love this as I do all of your creations!

Harma said...

I love al the browns it is just adorable,but so are all your cards.
Hugs harma

Hope C. said...

Angie - I'm so in awe of your talent. I wish I were half as talented - maybe in my next life!! But the fun of this craft is to practice and keep going, right? Absolutely love your work!!

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Angie. Well, everything you create is beautiful! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs, Cami

Jane H said...

angie another just totally awesome card. I wish I could do half of what you do! Just amazing!!!!!!

Eulanda said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I just ♥♥♥ that new Butterfly collection! I can't color enough!! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hugs!

Chrissy said...

So gorgeous Angie...lovely colouring...fabulous details...just gorgeous.
Luv CHRISSYxx

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Angie your card is adorable! Love this stamp!

Kim Y. said...

So gorgoeus! Love the color scheme!

angelwhispers said...

This is just so gorgeous!! the image looks fab with this new background path and just loving your colours and the papers they are just so perfect! Chanelle xxx

Dawn said...

Wow such a gorgeous card, love the browns & I so want the new Butterfly Dreams collection lol.
Check out my blog candy
http://dawniesden.blogspot.com

arjette said...

Woowww your card is awesome!!!!!!!! That stamp is still on my wishlist, I love it!!!

gr. arjette.

Nicola said...

Glad u guys are on the mend, and what an amazing card! Tilda is coloured to perfection, the flowers are lush and so is the ribbon and lace behind! You put your heart and soul into each and every creation, and they are a joy to behold...can't wait for the next one!
Love Nicola xxx

Carolyn L. said...

This is so pretty and delicate looking!
Hugs,
Carolyn

ednamburgess said...

So cute and love all the browns and yellows with just a touch of peach. Great job. Edna B.

Cathy said...

Hi, Angie. I just love your card. You colored her so beautifully, perfectly matching your DPs. Tilda is just lovely.
It's good to hear you are feeling better. I also suffer from frequent sinus infections especially during Allergy season.

Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Linda said...

What a stunning card Angie. Wish I could color like that!!!! Stunning!!!

*Vicki* said...

Angie, this is so so sweet hun!! LOVE your brown hues and flowers!! This is one of my images!! :) Smiles, Vicki

BeccaRoo said...

It's so cute, love the colors together!
Rebecca
http://scrapersdelight.blogspot.com/

NGCARDS said...

This is a beautiful card hun, lovely soft colours xxx

Elle said...

Wonderful, Angie, as usual! I love how you captured the background colors with your Copic marker! Great work.

Karen Arthur said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colors, the DP, flowers, well ALL of it. Great job!!
Hugs, Karen

Karen Arthur said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colors, the DP, flowers, well ALL of it. Great job!!
Hugs, Karen

Diana Crick said...

Angie, I absolutely the love the colour scheme, sort of antique and vintage looking, accessorized perfectly!
hugs, Diana

Molecraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the colour scheme and beautiful colouring, just perfect!
Helen x

Barbara Taylor said...

Oh soooo sweet.

Pam said...

Beautiful card, Angie....as always!
I'm in AWE of your talent.
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

wilma said...

Hi Angie,
Absolutely beautiful!! You do such an amazing job with your cards. I love this stamp. Glad you are feeling better.
Dorene

cabio's craft corner said...

Angie, this is so very gorgeous. Love the brown color with the colorful contrast. It looks awesome :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Angela said...

Another really beautiful card, Angie! I love the way you put your colors together and use natural/earth tones in your coloring. Sweet scene and beautiful embellishing! Have a great day! hugs, Angela

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

Beautiful card, the colors are so nice. Great colring as well, Bye Mascha

Robin Cooper said...

Very beautiful!! Thanks Angie.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
I have looked at this card a dozen times and just realized I hadn't commented on it.
It is one of the nicest cards. I love the colors. You are so good with colors.
The design paper is gorgeous. the flowers are pefectly placed without being overdone.
Hugs Maz

Related Posts with Thumbnails