LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cheeky Boy...

Hi Everyone!  I hope your week is off to a good start!  Mine has been very busy so far.  I'm working really hard on a new venture that I'll be sharing with you in a couple weeks.  So stay tuned for that!

Today I've got something new for you...and for me.  I purchased some Stampavie images a couple months ago and they have been on my craft desk just waiting for some attention.  I had a lot of things lined up that I had to tend to, but I was able to ink one the other day and I had a blast working with it.  I hope you like it :-)

Cheeky Boy
This image is by Penny Johnson and it's called 'Cheeky Boy'.  Of the stack of Stampavie images that I purchased, I chose to ink this one up first because it makes me think of my son.  I don't do 'boy' cards often, which made this one that much more fun.  I paired the image with dp's from PinkPaislee's 'Hometown Summer' collection.  The entire 6x6 paper pad is filled with beautiful prints that work so well for both boy and girl designs.  The ribbon is from Bazzill Basics and I found it in a dollar bin at Archiver's a while back.  Cs is by both Bazzill and SU.  The playful buttons are from my button drawer.  I have a lot of buttons!  I got the sentiment from Cats Life Press.  I just love the circular sentiments.  I wanted to add a bit of shine and sparkle to the card to I applied some stardust Stickles to the kite and Crystal Effects to the ice cream and the water in the fish bowl.  It looks great IRL.

I colored the image entirely with Copic markers, which I'm completely addicted to once again.  I used soooooo many colors and I failed to write them all down.  I have this problem with cleaning things up as I go and I sometimes forget to record the materials before doing so.  I'm sorry :-( 

Well, that's all I have for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you'll leave a little comment to let me know that you were here :-)

Ciao,

Angie

18 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

VERY VERY VERY PRETTY.. and vibrant.. Love the colours...

Jopie said...

Hi Angie,
What a beautiful card is this, lovely with those buttons.
love Jopie

Monique said...

It's beautifull Angie !

Hugs Monique

Louise said...

Beautiful card, great coloring and love those papers...
Louise :)

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Ooooh, one of my favorite new Stampavie images! He's a cutie, and Love this card, so colorful! I'm still sitting on pins and needles for the Stampavie announcement, but since I haven't heard from them I don't think I got it. But I hope you do! ;)

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so cute Angie!!

Beth said...

Being the Mom of boys, I love seeing boy cards! And you've done an awesome job, as always, on this one! TFS
Hugs,
Beth

Chrissy said...

Fabulous image and the colouring is gorgeous.Beautiful papers, and I love the buttons...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous, fab colouring, papers and embellies, love it!
Helen x

Sam Barry said...

What a fantastic card I love this your colouring is amazing. Where did you get the sentiment stamp I love that too.

Robin Cooper said...

It's beautiful Angie! They need you on their design team!!! Thanks for sharing.

wilma said...

Hi Angie,
Another beautiful card. Love the way you did the ribbon and buttons.
I put in another order for more copics. LOL You've inspired me and I thank you.

HandmadebyTLC said...

Great Boy card! Love that image, maybe june class? lol He's really handsome, just like your boy! Happy Wednesday.

Nicola said...

Wonderful image, coloured beautifully. The colours are gorgeous on this card and makes it very striking.
Love Nicola xxx

Sharon Keanly said...

Love this card of yours Angie. The design, colours, buttons, everything... Can't wait to hear the news. hugs Sharon

Sheri said...

He is adorable!

ednamburgess said...

Cheeky Boy is just about the cutest thing. Love all the paper and colors too. Edna

Linda said...

Absolutely beautiful once again Angie!!!!! Keep them coming!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails