LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tilda with Flowing Hair...

I have 2 posts for you.  Please make sure to scroll down to the next post to see my LOTV GDT card!

Happy St. Patty's Day Everyone!!!  Now, I'm sure you noticed already that my post isn't covered in green to celebrate the big day.  Sorry about that!  But, I'm Italian and Polish, without an ounce of Irish, so I'm going forward as usual and color coordinating with my card :-)  Anyway, I want to remind everyone about the Magnolia-licious Easter/Spring Extravaganza Contest!  The Magnolia-licious DT and Challenge DT have an awesome blog hop planned for Monday March 21st and you won't want to miss it!!!  We're going to have an awesome mix of projects to inspire you to join in on one or more of the three contest categories.  I hope to see you here on Monday!  You can get all of the details of the contest over at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog


PaperPlay Challenges DT

Welcome to another PaperPlay DT Challenge.  This week it's Team A's turn with an 'embossing' challenge and I got to pull out my long lost embossing folders.  You can too if you'd like to play along.  We would love to see how creative you can be with those 'ol folders.  So hop on over to the PaperPlay Challenges blog to see all of the DT samples so you can get inspired to join in!


Tilda with Flowing Hair

I decided to ink up #3044 Tilda with Flowing Hair for this challenge.  I had forgotten that I had this image and I was so excited to find her.  She is currently available over at Magnolia-licious so head on over and get yours ordered!  She's from the 'Hoppy Easter' collection and she's so versatile.  I've paired her with #405 Tulip Walkway, which is my new favorite background image.


The dp's are new from JilliBean and I JUST LOVE THEM!  Brown is my absolute favorite color and when paired with orange and yellow it's just that much more gorgeous!  I used a Sizzix embossing folder on the yellow cs from SU.  It frames the scene beautifully, don't you think?  All flowers are from WOC.  The ribbon is from my stash.  I added some flower soft to the basket of flowers for a little added texture.


Both images are colored with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger DI's.  Here are the details:

Copics -
skin: E000, 00, 11, 31, R20, RV21
hair: E41, 42, 43, 44

DI's -
fired brick, dried marigold, spiced marmalade, scattered straw, shabby shutters, black soot, weathered wood, peeled paint, forest moss, tumbled glass, stormy sky, pine needles, antique linen, walnut stain, vintage photo

I hope you'll leave me a little comment to let me know you were here :-)  Please be sure to scroll down to the next post to see my LOTV GDT card!

Angie


26 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

It's me again :) This is GORGEOUS! I love the way you colored her dress and that Tulip Walk way is so pretty. It was already sold out when I went to place my DT order. Your background looks amazing as always. LOVE these papers and beautiful flowers.

Hugs!

Ageeth Holster said...

Wauw Angie, she´s gorgeous and wonderful decorated. So pretty coloured!!!
Hugs Ageeth xx

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER Girl!! Another stunner!! Amazing coloring and fun scene you've created here!! I love it all!!HUGS

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous scene, gorgeous image, gorgeous colouring, absolutely gorgeous.I love this Angie, can you tell.lol. Seriously, its is beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Maryann said...

Oh boy, this is so gorgeous. You´re just amazing girl. Love love love it.

Molecraft said...

Just gorgeous, beautifully coloured, gorgeous papers, just perfect!
Helen x

Deirdre said...

Beautiful - love what you created.

Happy St Patrick's Day to you.

Linda said...

Angie sll your creations are awesome !!!!!! You are very talented!!!!

Christina C. said...

Love your card! The DP is fabulous...your coloring is phenomenal!

Angela said...

This is so beautiful Angie! I can see why you love this DP - gorgeous! Fabulous coloring and I love the background you create around Tilda. I wonder if I can do that with copics or if its an effect you can only get with DIs and a paintbrush...?

ps. I'm not Irish either, but for the day, my kids are making me wear a barrette with a long (fake) green braided hair strand for the day - lovely... ;) hugs, Angela

Judy K. said...

Ahhh, love your card Angie! The colors you chose are fantastic and such pretty ribbon!!!
Judy K.

angelwhispers said...

Just love it your colouring it is just amazing and really makes this image look fab!! Loving the papers such perfect colours Chanelle xxx

enblogsail said...

Your Tilda is so well coloured. Love the composition!

wljp65 said...

She is SO beautiful!! I love those colors. I don't work with them enough, oh she is lovely!!!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Angie, your card is adorable! Love the rich colours you've used too.

Great working with you at PaperPlay Challenges.


Rosie
x

Only By His Grace said...

Beautiful color combo. I love that Tulip background. The sky looks awesome. Love the shading on her dress.
Hugs Maz

bernshwag said...

Angie your card is amazing! I love every detail..

Chris said...

Oh Angie, this is so welcoming! The browns are just so perfect for enhancing the Tilda image. I just love it!

Crafts2do4fun said...

WOW! Angie
I love this card, the colors are so pretty, love your background.
I love the tulip walkway, I can hardly wait to play with mine.
Love seeing your work

Crafts2do4fun said...

WOW! Angie
I love this card, the colors are so pretty, love your background.
I love the tulip walkway, I can hardly wait to play with mine.
Love seeing your work

Sandy said...

Angie, there is no one that I know of that can color the way you do - this is gorgeous. Her apron is just amazing. Love all your cards sugar.
Hugs,
Sandy

Uschi said...

Eine wunderschöne Szene und tolle Papiere zieren Deine hervorragende Karte! Gefällt mir sehr.

Liebe Grüße
Uschi

cathylynn said...

Angie your card is AWESOME! Great coloring and scene! And.. I love the DP's too!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Diana Crick said...

Hi Sweetie,
Love the colour combination, shouts Spring. As always your coloring is superb especially the background. Be-ea-utiful!!!!!!
hugs, Diana

Iulia said...

Great card, Angie! Love your fantastic coloring ad that sweet adorable ribbon!
Hugs, Iulia

Ren-Yi said...

oh your coloring is amazing. love your layers & stitching.

Related Posts with Thumbnails