LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, March 2, 2011

'Shabby Chic'

Hey there everyone!!!  Here's my second project for the day.  I don't do this theme too often, but I'm thrilled with the way it turned out.  I hope you enjoy it :-)



PaperPlay Challenges DT

This week, the PaperPlay Challenges DT was asked to create something with a 'Shabby Chic' or 'Vintage' feel.  You can get all of the details over at the PaperPlay Challenges Blog.  I hope you'll take a moment to swing by there to see how you can play along.  There is a great prize for the lucky winner!

I chose to work with my favorite subject.......Tilda!  I hope you enjoy my card :-)


'Shabby Chic' Tilda 
This image is part of Magnolia's most recent kit and the name has not yet been released.  I would imagine that it'll be out soon though!

I cut the image with a SB circle die and then outlined it with pieces from a border that I punched with a MS punch.  I cut the border into pieces and then secured them individually behind the image in a circle to create the lace-like border.  The dp's are from Webster's Pages and cs is by Bazzill.  I found the beige lace at Really Reasonable Ribbon and trimmed the end's of it with brads from American Crafts.

The black organza ribbon is from my stash.  I decorated the bow with some flowers from WOC.  The image was painted using a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger DI's.  The inside of the card is decorated to compliment the cover.

That's all I have for today!  Thanks so much for stopping by :-)  I would love for you to leave a little comment to let me know what you think of my project.  Don't forget to pop on over to the PaperPlay Challenges Blog to get the details of how you can play along.  I can't wait to see your creations!

Ciao,

Angie

34 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

Hey Angie,

This is amazing!!! I love the image and how you did the grass. The papers are perfect for that shabby chic feel. The black really makes it pop! Beautiful!!

Hugs, Mindy

Chrissy said...

Such a gorgeous image.Love your colouring and the black detail.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Larisa said...

This is amazing!!! Love your colouring))

Carol said...

Awww WOW Angie, this is one stunning card!! Absolutely luv it! Luv how you've done the grass and such delicious dps and colour combo. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

cebelica said...

Gorgeous!

Molecraft said...

Stunning card, beautiful colouring, love it!
Helen x

Louise said...

Gorgeous card!! This image is a must have
Louise :-)

Christina C. said...

This card is absolutely PHENOMENAL!!!
The dp is perfect with this cute image. Love it!!!!!

Angélique said...

All I can say is WOW!! I sooooooo love your coloring and I totally adore the sweet image. WOW!!! Really love your creation!

Manuela "vo dä Schwiiz" said...

Hi Angie! Your Tilda is sooo cute.
Hugs, Manuela

RenateKreativ said...

Such a gorgeous image.Love your colouring and the black detail.
A beautiful card, I love it.
Hugs Renate

Lori said...

Your papers are so beautiful, love the houndstooth, and Tilda is as pretty as ever!

Brook said...

Beautiful card. Love the papers and the grass is wonderful.

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

Gorgeous card with the warm colors, pink and browns, beautiful, Bye Mascha

Lisette Morris said...

She is just precious!! I didn't get the kit, miss it but I can't wait til she's available! Thanks for sharing. I love that paper!

Marlies said...

Gorgeous card, lovely papers and I love your colouring!!
Marlies x

Sherry said...

Oh my! How wonderful, the colors and certainly this stamp. I can already tell, I need to win the lottery to get ready for my next big purchase of maggies. I love your work!!

Angela said...

Gorgeous!! I have to get this image when it comes in! I always love your color choices. They make your cards really stand out. Beautiful papers and love the black accents! This is a wonderful layout! big hugs, Angela

Bribrie said...

Superbe cette carte ! Bravoooo

Teri said...

Oh Angie! I'm almost speechless with how cute this is!! Perfect, little shabby chic card!! I LOVE the image!!!! I will never be able to get all these gorgeous little Tildas!!!! The colors are so beautiful!! Perfect!!
Hugs,
Teri

justme1972 said...

oh your card is sweet, sweet, sweet angie!!!! wow!!!!

justme,
laura

Barb Hardeman said...

Nothing shabby about this card! It's totally gorgeous. Love the black accents and the soft coloring of Tilda...your grass is perfect!
Hugs,
Barb

Betsy said...

I LOVE this card!!! If someone sent it to me, I'd frame it! The colors are beautiful!!

Linda said...

Again excellent card its always such a pleasure to visit your blog and creations!!!!!! Awesome!!!!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

OMGOSH Angie!!! You've showcased this cute new Tilda beautifully!!! I simply adore this card. It is beautiful!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Pam said...

Angie......cute...cute...image colored beautifully as always. I'm in awe of your talent.
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Pat said...

Yikes Angie...this Tilda is so stinkin' adorable! I MUST GET HER!!!! Your coloring is stunning...and I love your design and DPs...just a fabulous card sweetie!!! Hugs. Pat

Sandy said...

Hey Angie - such a pretty card - well really what I meant to say is that your card is drop dead gorgeous! Love the back ground especially the grass.
Hugs,
Sandy

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Angie, your card is absolutely stunning. Just LOVE that DP... wow!!! The whole look is stunning and of course our little Tilda is too cute for words. Beautiful work, hugs Sharon

Only By His Grace said...

Such a darling card Angie. I love that Tilda with the bunny. Your coloring once again is outstanding. You have such a flair with what colors to put together. Love the design papers and the lace down the middle. AWESOME.
Hugs Maz

cabio's craft corner said...

Amazing shabby look and beautiful image in the circle frame. Another awesome creation :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

LindaC said...

I LOVE this card...everything about it...The soft rose color of her clothes, the stylish hounds- tooth paper, the cream lace...it is perfect!

Betty Wright said...

Angie, this is so gorgeous! Beautifu; detai;s. Love how you did the lace frame! Your coloring is stunning!

Ren-Yi said...

i adore that organza ribbon and the crochet trim! just absolutely lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails