LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, March 7, 2011

Hawaii Flower...

Hi Everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!!  Ours was busy, but a ton of fun :-)  One of the highlights was the first ever 'Monthly Card Class' that I put on Saturday.  There were nine ladies, plus myself, and we had a really good time.  I'll show you the card that I designed later this week.

Stamp with Fun GDT 

A few weeks ago, Ramona from Stamp with Fun contacted me and asked if I would be interested in being a Guest Designer for a couple of weeks.  So, here I am!  The challenge this week is 'Monochrome blue' and it definitely was a challenge for me.  If you know my work, then you know that I really like a lot of constrasting colors on my projects.  This theme definitely gave me something to think about.  Here's my card.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  I hope you like it too :-)


Tilda with Hawaii Flower
The first thing I selected was the image.  I really wanted to ink up one of my new stamps from Magnolia's 'Butterfly Dreams' collection and 'Tilda with Hawaii Flower' was the perfect choice.  She will be back in stock over at Magnolia-licious as soon as the collection is officially released...so keep checking!

I bought some of the new K&Co 6x6 paper pads from Michaels and they are perfect for this monochrome blue theme.  The pad I used is called 'Julianne' and the designs are gorgeous!  I've matted all dp's with Bazzill cs.  The blue ribbon is some really inexpensive and thin ribbon that I've had for years and it just happened to work perfectly with this card.  The gems were clear and I colored them with a Copic marker to match...love it!

All flowers are from WOC.  I've had the really deep blue ones for quite awhile and have tried to use them on many occasions but they were always too dark.  I think they're absolutely perfect for this arrangement.  The leaves were cut using a new MS border punch.  The blue cs stock trim was also cut with a MS border punch.  Both the image and it's matte were cut with SB Nesties.  I've finished the interior of the card to match the front and left plenty of room for a personal message.  I almost forgot to mention....I colored this image with a combo of Copics and watercolor with DI's. 

I've heard from a few people now asking about the colors that I use on my cards and why I stopped posting the details.  To be honest, I didn't think people were really paying attention to it anyway.  Well, I was wrong and I apologize for that :-)  I will make a point to be more careful and jot down the colors that I use prior to clean up so that I can pass along the info to you.  Unfortunately, that will have to begin with the next card!

That's it for today!  I hope you'll pop on over the the Stamp with Fun challenge blog to see all that's going on over there.  They've got a showcase of their DT cards and they're really gorgeous!  I do hope you'll join in on the challenge.  The theme was a lot of fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Ciao,

Angie

40 comments:

Melodie said...

Wow, Angie, your card is so fantastic. Great compliment.
Hugs
Melodie

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Angie, this is beautiful. I wanted that stamp and when I placed my order they were sold out, uugghhh! As far as colors, I don't most of the time, because for me there is not rhyme nor reason how I color. I just color, and it takes me forever to write them all down etc. No matter what colors you use, unless they are sitting right there with you watching you, I don't think it would be easy to copy using copics or distress inks, if you know what I mean :o) Just my opinion :o)

Gail said...

Angie, this card is beautiful. I watch your blog all the time; you do gorgeous cards.
--Gail

Kelly Schelske said...

It's gorgeous Angie! Well done on the monochromatic, I think it looks awesome!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
This one looks o good zoomed in. I can see the blue in the DP. It's so beautiful. This Tilda is gorgeous. A must have for my collection. She looks great in this color. I love how you colored her dress and the shading is awesome. Super way you have done the grass. Love the frame and the way you have arranged the flowers. Not overdone and well balanced.
Hugs Maz

Thea said...

Hi Angie,

Beautiful card, nice colors!
Have a nice day.

Hugs
Thea

Monique said...

Oh Angie. Your card is absolutely gorgeous !!

Hugs Monique

Frea said...

Hello Angie, great card, love the grass you painted and the colours are gorgeous! HUgs, Frea

Ann-Marie said...

Oh wow this is just stunning, amazing colouring and I love the background with the grass. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Beth said...

Angie, your card is gorgeous! Love it all!

Hugs,
Beth

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

Great card and lovely colors,
Bye Mascha

Renkata said...

Gorgeous card Angie.
Amazing colours combo!

Eve said...

oh how pretty! Luv a bit of distressed background papers with dark blue ribbon & flowers. Luv how you colored the tilda, and the shades you created! :-)

Angela said...

Beautiful card, Angie! Just love the colors you used here and the pop of the dark blue flowers with your arrangement! Another gorgeous work of art! Your coloring always looks amazing! Love those papers too! big hugs, Angela

Dena said...

Beautiful! I just got her and can't wait to make a card!
Hugs, Dena

Kelly Neis said...

Gorgeous card, I love the blues how subtle they are.

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and fab image! Beautiful colouring too!
Helen x

charlene said...

Just beautiful Angie .... amazing I tell you that is what you are :)
Hugs

Iulia said...

Wow, Angie! What an amazing coloring again! Each and every one of your cards is splendid! Love the blues and the papers are a great choice!
Hugs, Iulia

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

Hey Angie girl!

Nice to have you join our group whohoo! When i went to upload my card to the file group i saw your card.I thought is that... is that... Observed the coloring and then saw your name YUP SURE IS LOL!

You did great!!To be honest with you i didn't even realise we had to do it in BLUE!!! I got lucky going with my blue papers and flowers lol!

Any how hun your coloring is fantastic as always.Those flowers are GORGEOUS!!!!Ruby♥

Lori said...

Oh Wow this is truly beautiful, I love every little piece of it!

Maureen said...

Holy crap Angie... this is BEAUTIFUL! Wowzers. Those blues are incredible.

angelwhispers said...

Wow what a super card and such fabby colours!! Chanelle xxx

Chris said...

I want to look like your Tilda! She is just beautiful! I love the hair and how you "dressed" her. The card is just so perfect in every way. Great choice on the papers. I love how they contrast so subtly. Beautiful work!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Hanna said...

Sweetie, I don't know where to start with this one. I have no words. Really, believe me, I'm speechless. I just can't seem to find a word that's enough to describe how much I love this card. I'm blown away.

hugs,
Hanna

Pam said...

Angie....I'm so in awe of your talent. Another beautiful creation!
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Brook said...

Beautiful card. Love the blues.

*Vicki* said...

Angie, she's so amazing!! I love your gorgeous design with the hues of blues and the flowers are amazing as well!! Stunning coloring of this image!! TFS! HUGS

Maryann said...

Oh my goodness, this is so awesome. Blue is just my favorit color in any shade, but this is just jawdropping beautiful, that´s for sure. The image is awersome and this all just fit so perfect together, that it just take my breath away. I just love it. Stunning work here. WAUW.

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautifully done Angie! Blue - my favorite color - and everything on this card does my heart good! Your coloring as always is fabulous, your dp's are gorgeous and all your embellishments are so, so pretty!
Hugs,
Barb

Cami said...

Wow Angie, your card is gorgeous and as always, so beautifully colored! Such talent you have! I just love this Tilda! I just got her, too, and can't put her away! Thank you for always sharing your wonderful projects!
Hugs, Cami

Marijke said...

WAUW!!!
GORGEOUS!!!
Hugs,
Marijke

Sandy said...

Awwww - absolutely beautiful Angie.
Hugs
Sandy

Rosie said...

Oh my word Angie, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I know I say that about all your cards, but it's so true! It's a good thing I'm not your neighbor because I'd probably be stalking you, LOL. Your coloring skills are amazing and I love everything about your card. Hugs, Rosie :)

Robin Cooper said...

You were quite successful with your challenge of monochromatic! It's quite lovely. I also love to use a lot of colors, but I can't deny that I love the monochromatic look--it's just too boring and hard to create with though. I would really appreciate hearing what colors you use for your Tildas as I'm new to your blog. I have purchased the pens for her skin (based on your tutorial) but find that the distress inks for the hair don't have quite the "lusciousness" that the skin does and am wondering what colors you used to color Tilda with Hawaii flower. They look very lovely and would like to give them a try. Do you use the same colors of markers for a light haired girl, or do you change them any? Any advise you can give will be much appreciated. Thank you for the videos! I never thought I'd get such a beautiful face as I am getting. It's very exciting.

bernshwag said...

Angie she is absolutely gorgeous! You are so very talented! I love visiting your blog, it just oozes inspiration. Your attention to detail is amazing...

Hugs,
Candi

cabio's craft corner said...

I would never thought of using the dark color on this image, but it looks fabulous Angie :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

1CRTVCHK said...

She is so lovely! The blues turned out beautifully. I love the vintage style of your card. Your coloring is amazing!

Pen to Paper said...

Very pretty! I especially love the navy blue flowers. So dark and rich!

Hugs,

Jackie

Diane said...

Angie this card is just beautiful! What talent you have thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails