LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Gift For You...

LOTV's Challenge Blog GDT

Hi Again!  Well, this is my last week as Guest Designer for LOTV's Challenge Blog.  I've had a wonderful time!!!  This week's challenge is a sketch and I had a ton of fun with it.  You can get all of the challenge details on the blog and find out how to enter your own project.


A Gift For You

This week I chose to work with a stamp that I just purchased.  This image is called 'Back to School Girl' and she's just darling!  I also got the 'Back to School Boy' and I'll be inking him up as soon as I find a moment.  I love these images.  Not only are they great for the Fall when kids go back to school, but they're great for the end of the school year as well when you want to give a teacher a little 'thank you' gift.

When you look over at the sketch, you may wonder what in the world I was thinking when I put my card together. I had colored the image prior to checking out the sketch and was a little bummed when I realized that the sketch showed a circle in the middle. Well, the image I chose wasn't going to work well in a circle, so I decided to use a rectangle.  I started turning the sketch in different directions so see how best I could arrange things.  Somehow, I combined two different directions of the sketch into one and I didn't realize it until it was complete.  But, I love how it turned out and I had run out of time.  So, I hope you don't mind that I didn't stick to the sketch to well.  Sorry!




I paired this image with new dp's from My Mind's Eye called 'Hattie'.  I bought all of their new 6x6 paper pads and love them all.  Cs is from both SU and Bazzill.  The buttons were in my button drawer.  The jute is also from my stash.  The gorgeous black lace is from WOC.  A while back I bought a bunch of sentiments from Amuse Art Stamps and this is one of them.  I love how short and to-the-point they are.


This little sweetheart is colored with Copic markers.  Here are the details:

skin - E0000, 000, 00, 31, R20
hair - E31, 41, 47, 50, 57, Y21
uniform - BG10, 11, 13, C1, 3
shoes - E40, 41, 47, 57
shadows - B0000, N1

That's it for today!  Thank you so much for stopping by :-)  I hope you'll leave me a little comment to let me know that you were here.  I always enjoy reading them!

Ciao,

Angie

8 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Angie,

This is so cute, I love the colors and papers. The big button is perfect with the image. Adorable card. You've been a wonderful guest designer for LOTV. So inspiring!

Hugs, Mindy

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! Angie, she's so precious!! Your coloring is just stunning!! I love this!! HUGS

Maryann said...

This is so awesome Angie, I just love the gorgeous colors, you´ve used here and the coloring itself is just sooo perfect. This is such an awesome card, then never mind, you didn´t stick too well to the sketch, it´s sooo gorgeous anyway. Love it really much.

Molecraft said...

Adorable image and gorgeous papers, love it!
Helen x

Christina C. said...

This is totally precious....beautiful papers, details and the image is colored to perfection, as always!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Gorgeous Angie!
Such a cute stamp. Ya gotta love that hair.
The DP's are lovely together like that. I love that lace. I have that one as well.
Hugs Maz

bernshwag said...

Oh my gosh, what a little cutie! Your card is darling...

catz said...

I LOVE your card......sooooo cute!! I love how you colored the image, and chuckled that you fixed it in above post,,,so cute!! By the way....been searching everywhere for that paper line "Hattie" but cannot seem to find it.....where did you manage to purchase it from, if you don't mind my asking!Teresa

Related Posts with Thumbnails