LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fixing Mistakes...

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard, The Note Book, 1927


Hi Everyone!!!  I was looking back at my recently posted cards yesterday and I couldn't believe my eyes!  Something didn't look right when I took another look at my LOTV 'Back to School Girl'.  I colored her satchel the same color as her uniform!!!!!!  How in the world did I see that there was a shoulder strap, but completely missed the satchel?  I wish I could say that I did this on purpose, as a way to show how to fix a mistake.  But, it truly was a mistake :-( 

However, I do want to take this opportunity to show you how I fixed it.  I've had to fix many mistakes along the way, but I usually catch them before I post my cards to show everyone - LOL!  Anyway, my first thought was to grab the same Copic colors that I used on the shoulder strap.  I had no idea how or if it would cover the turquoise. When I tried it, it looked like a very swampy green color.  So I tried some darker colors and it worked beautifully.  She now has a brown satchel to match the shoulder strap!  Yay!  And, she no longer looks as wide as a bus :-)



Have a great weekend everyone!

Angie

17 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

lol sounds like something I would do but must say the fixed result looks brilliant

Maryann said...

Oh it´s actually sooo great to hear, that even the clever girls make these kinds of mistakes too ha ha ha. It makes me feel a lot better now, that even you can do such a bummer, and not just me he he he.
When that is said, I must say, you really fixed it fantastic, and if we didn´t see them together, I´m sure nobody can see, it was ever any mistakes made there. Your card looks awesome and the coloring as great as always hun. Lovely result in the end.
Have a wonderful week-end hun.

Molecraft said...

I never noticed LOL! Great job on fixing it though!
Helen x

Robin Cooper said...

I actually did notice that her dress looked "funny" but couldn't tell what the problem was. I saw the strap, but figured whatever it went to must be behind her. I think I've actually seen her satchel colored the same color as her dress somewhere else also, so maybe you're just giving her a new look? Thanks for letting us know how to correct errors. I found it very interesting.

Robin Cooper said...

P.S. I love those little girls. I just wish someone stateside carried them.

Becca said...

You are so funny! Isn't it weird how our eyes sometimes play tricks on us?! Great card! I love the design papers you have chosen.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

PERFECT!!! I love how you fixed her & I also love how you showed us that even you make mistakes. LOL You are so very talented & sometimes we don't realize that even extremely talented people can make a boo boo now & then. LOL Means there's hope for the rest of us. LOL
Thanks for sharing this, Angie!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

tilly said...

so pleased it's not just ME lol, a great fix
Tilly

Janie Printz said...

Good to know I'm not the only one who does that !!! So nice to see even the pros color something wrong once in awhile. I sure didn't even notice it till you pointed it out but beautiful work either way.
Hugs, Janie

angelwhispers said...

Well I can see the difference and it looks beautiful but when you posted it the first time I never new!! Beautiful and both posts!! Chanelle xx

Angela said...

LOL! Great save, Angie. I never even noticed the mistake but now I can see the difference. Looks awesome!! ;) hugs, Angela

Deb said...

Guess what...I never even noticed the first posting...still love your card the second time...lol.
Hugs

Monique said...

It's wonderfull Angie !!!!

Hugs Monique

Karen Howard said...

This is really beautiful! Love the image and layout you used! Your cards are amazing, I'm your newest follower. Hugs, Karen

Ana (Anrilla) said...

Hi, your card is very beautiful!

scrappinpeg said...

LOL Well, you did an EXCELLENT job fixing... But your first card was just as pretty! :=)

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

***LMAO*** ANGIE,WIDE AS A BUS !!!! I think i had tears coming down my face you made me laugh!!

I see what you did tehee! NICE CARD THOUGH and couldn't even had noticed lol!Beautiful creation,Ruby♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails