LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Monday, March 21, 2011

Extravaganza Time!

Magnolia-licious DT & Challange DT Blog Hop!!!

Hey Everyone!!!  Wow, what an exciting day!  We've teamed up with the Challenge DT to present you with the most Maggie-licious blog hop you've ever seen!  I'm first up on the Blog Hop this time!  Whoo Hoo!  Today we're jump starting the Magnolia-licious Easter/Spring Extravaganza Contest and you're all in for a real treat.  Just in case you don't know all of the details of the contest, let me go over them quickly for you...

There are 3 ways to play and you can choose your favorite(s) to enter the contest.  You can do ONE project from each category:

#1-- Full size Magnolia images on an Easter/Spring Themed Card
#2-- "Magnolia Minis Only" on an Easter/Spring Theme Card
#3-- Any Magnolia Easter/Spring Project, anything BUT a card

CONTEST DEADLINE: projects must be uploaded by 11 pm EST on April 19th!! Winners will be announced on May 1st, 2011.

There will be prizes too! 
First prize for each category (3 in total) - $150.00 Gift Certificate to the Magnolia-licious Store
Second Prize for each category (3 in total) - $75.00 Gift Certificate to the Magnolia-licious Store
Random prizes chosen by Diana will receive $25.00 Gift Certificates

Contest Rules:
-You may enter EACH category ONLY ONCE!
-You MUST USE at least one Magnolia image on your project
-Link your image to Magnolia-licious Store if you can in your post
-Place a direct link below in the InLinkz system. If you do not have a direct link to your project you will not be entered. If you need help/directions with this please email Suzanne.

**You do NOT need a blog to link your project to--any online gallery will do **

Voting:
-The Magnolia-kicious Yahoo Group members will vote for their favorite card/project. Contest is NOT open to Design Team Members of any Magnolia-licious DT Teams but they will be playing and creating to provide lots of inspiration for you!

-Once all projects are uploaded by April 19th voting will start. You may ONLY VOTE 1 time for each category—so three votes in total (the poll will keep track of votes/emails) and yes you may vote for yourself,LOL!

Voting will run from April 20th thru April 27th! Winners will be announced on May 1st 2011!

NOTICE:  I have 2 cards to show you today.  This post is a little long, but, hopefully you won't be disappointed :-)

____________________________________________________
  
Tulip Wheelbarrow

To me, tulips represent the beginning of Spring and they're one of my favorite flowers.  I absolutely fell in love with this stamp the moment that I saw it.  I don't often think to use an accessory or background stamp as the main course of a card.  But this gorgeous #560 Tulip Wheelbarrow can easily stand on its own.  It's currently up for pre-order over at Magnolia-licious and you won't be disappointed if you add it to your Magnolia collection.

I chose to work with dp's by My Mind's Eye and they just scream spring!  They are absolutely lovely with this stamp.  I also made my own background paper using a new stamp from Whimsy Stamps called 'Music Notes'.  The 'Happy Easter' sentiment is also new from Magnolia and I just love it's simplicity.  I used cs by both SU and Bazzill.  The flower is from WOC and I speckled it with stardust Stickles.  Both the ribbon and pearls are from my stash.  The pearls started out white and I colored them with Copic marker R24.

I added this photo so you could see a little sneaky peek of the butterflies on the inside of the card.  They are part of the #424 Dots and Butterflies stamp and are currently on pre-order at Magnolia-licious.  I cut apart the stamp so that I would only get the butterflies.  I actually cut them out individually so that I can place them wherever I want, in combination or alone.

I colored the wheelbarrow with Copic markers.  Here are the details:

wheelbarrow - E50, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, W1, 3
wheel - W1, 3, 5, 7
flowers - R20, 22, Y11
leaves/grass - YG0000, 03, 91, 95, 97
background - B0000

 ____________________________________________________


Tilda and Her Bunny 
I love this image so much that I couldn't wait to color her up again.  This time I gave her a really bright outfit for Spring.  This stamp is #363 Tilda and Her Bunny and I paired her with #618 Picnic Quilt.  I've also included the Happy Easter sentiment once again.


I chose to work with some new BG dp's and they're from the 'Hello Luscious' collection.  Cs is from both SU and Bazzill.  The ribbon is also SU.  The lace was in one of my ribbon drawers and I think it's from WOC.  I doubled it up on the card and ran the ribbon down the center to hide the seam.  All of the flowers, of course, are from WOC.  I cut the image with a SB nestie.


These images were both painted with a combo of Copic markers and watercolor with Ranger DI's.  Here are the details:

Copics:
skin - E0000, 00, 02, 11, R20, RV21
hair - E41, 42, 43, 44
bunny - W00, 1, 3

DI's:
worn lipstick, fired brick, rusty hinge, peeled paint, vintage photo, scattered straw, weathered wood, tumbled glass, shabby shutters, black soot, forest moss, walnut stain, antique linen

Well.....that's it for me today.  I hope you'll leave me a little comment to let me know you were here!  Next up is Tracy from the Challenge DT.  She's very talented and she's got something wonderful in store for you :-)

Ciao,

Angie

72 comments:

Chrissy said...

Both are exceptional. Beautifully coloured, papers are gorgeous, everything is so perfect...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Patti Jo said...

Two of my favorite stamps out of the new collection!!! How can we really have favorites though!!! Absolutely beautiful work Angie! Your coloring is exceptional!!! Gorgeous cards!

Renkata said...

ohhh Angie,
I can almost smell the flowers so gorgeous.

Marlies said...

Both these cards are fantastic, love the colours. Great colouring!!
hugs, Marlies

angelwhispers said...

Two very beautiful cards and just loving the images and the papers are just yummy!!! I saw the wheelbarrow with tulips in and put it back!! Gosh I hope its still there when I go back as its just so beautiful and looks fab just on its own!!! Love Chanelle xxx

Durvina said...

I love these two!!
And your colouring is fabulous!

hugs, Durvina

Monique said...

Wow Angie. I love both cards, but the second one is absolutely my favorite :)).

Hugs Monique

Zoe said...

I love both of them - absolutely gorgeous!!

Cheryl said...

Both cards are unique and sooo wonderful!!

Tracy said...

Wow, I love that wheelbarrow stamp, so versatile. You have made beautiful cards.

Angela said...

Beautiful cards, Angie! Love your color combinations and the papers you put together! Your art just jumps off the screen! Love them! big hugs, Angela

Beth said...

Wow, Angie, both cards are fabulous! Love these new images, and the dp's you've chosen are yummy! Lovely work!

Nela said...

Both cards are beautiful!
Hugs Nela

Dena said...

Stunning Angie! Love that cute Tilda on the quilt!
Hugs, Dena

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards Angie! Love your colouring and your selection and layout of DPs is fabulous. Hugs, Maria

Isbel Ahmad said...

Beautiful cards!!!!!! I love the colors!!!!! A big hug from Puerto Rico,

Pat said...

Hi Angie...gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous TIMES TWO!!! I love your colors and DPs and embellies. Soooo pretty...and I can't wait for my own pre-orders to come in! Hugs. Pat Frank

Linxx said...

I totally love this card, the colours are beautifully matched!

Linxx

Suzi said...

Oh my Goodness, these are adorable, I love the wheelbarrow oh but that sweet Tilda with Bunny is just so so cute. Two beautiful Cards.
Hugs
Suzi x

scrappinpeg said...

Adorable as can be. As always your coloring is FABULOUS!

cabio's craft corner said...

These are beautiful cards Angie. Your awesome coloring and DP picks made them extra terrific :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Barb Hardeman said...

Two gorgeous cards to start off the hop! Angie these are both beautifully colored and the dp's are fabulous. Love 'em both...hugs...Barb

Brigitte said...

WOW, your cards are gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing with us!
brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

Iulia said...

Both cards are delightful , Angie! Love your coloring with mixed mediums; looks like genuine oil painting! Great choice of papers too and you're right , that wheelbarrow is great!
Hugs, Iulia

Maureen said...

Oh Angie, both cards are beautiful! I love the Tilda with Bunny stamp and can't wait till mine arrives! I love the papers you chose too... perfect for these beautifully coloured stamps!

Becca Fabozzi said...

Wow Angie, great cards. I love all the bright colors and the pretty ribbons you have used. Wonderfully beautiful, as usual.

Debra G Smith said...

WOW!!! Angie. I love them both. I think of tulips too, when I think of spring and of course I love lots of bright colors. Two beautiful cards.

Eulanda said...

Both Projects are gorgeous and as always, absolutely LUV your coloring!

Sandy said...

Both of your cards are beautiful Angie - your coloring is out of this world beautiful!
Sandy

paola said...

You are crazy talented Angie, both these cards are absolutely Beautiful! and your coloring with both mediums is out of this world. STUNNING!
smiles
Paola

Crafts2do4fun said...

LOVE both your cards, your coloring is STUNNING, always enjoy seeing your work.
Love the colors and the papers, they go together so beautifully.
Truly a work of art.

Kate said...

Wahoo, just started hopping! Lovely cards. I am particularly taken with the wood grain on the wheelbarrow - it looks so real.

** Kate **

Jenn said...

Beautiful cards! Love the colours you chose to use and wonderful copic colouring!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

GOOD GOSH!!! Your cards gave me butterflies lol!! YOUR STUNNING DP IS AMASING.Combined with your coloring yikes!! AWSOME HUN,Ruby♥

Candy said...

Hi Angie,
Such beautiful work!!!
Both cards are stunning.
Your colouring is always to drool for :o)
Love your papers too and design.
Hugs, Candy

Christina C. said...

OMG, Angie, your works of art are breathtaking!!!! Wish I had just 1/10 of your talent!!!!

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Angie,

These cards are so beautiful! I love the colors of the tulips, and the grass is perfect! Tilda and her bunny are as cute as can be. I need to get that picnic blanket stamp! Amazing creations!

Hugs, Mindy

Sarah said...

I love both of your cards! The colors do just scream spring to me, too. Fabulous work!
Hugs,
Sarah

Tracy V. said...

This is gorgeous Angie!! I too LOVE Tulips...Oh how I wish I could have them. Not the most favorable flower in South florida, KWIM....

Tracy Valure

Shirley N said...

OMGosh Angie, both cards are soooo beautiful, love them both! I have Tilda and her Bunny on preorder and now I can't wait to ink her. Your card is so inspiring, love it!

*mieke* said...

Beautyfull cards angie! Very good coloured and the papers are gorgeous!
Love from Holland...Mieke

Cathy said...

Hi, Angie. These cards are awesome! Your coloring is always wonderful and I love the DPs they are perfect.
I have both of these Butterfly Dreams collection stamps and can't wait to use them.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Linda said...

Wow Angie beautiful cards!!!!!

LindaC said...

OH MY!! These cards are absolutely beautiful! I love both of them. Your coloring is perfect! LC

Teri said...

Oh Angie, they are both darling, but of course, I love Tilda with that cute little bunny!!! Love the colors you used!!
Hugs,
Teri

Rosamond Crawley said...

Gorgeous cards as always Angie! My dream is to someday makes cards half as good as you! I love looking at your blog for ideas. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Angie, these are both stunning!!! Such beautiful coloring and papers! I love what you've done with these stamps!
hugs, Sharon

Deb said...

I love both of you cards, very rich colors.

Suzanne J Dean said...

So funny that we used BOTH the same images, LOl and Sharon too! Great minds think alike :) You did a beautiful job on both and I love her sitting on the quilt, so sweet!

hugz,
Suzanne

Brook said...

Gorgeous cards. You are right about the wheelbarrow stamp being able to stand on its own. You did a wonderful job with it. I love the grass! Your second card is beautiful as well. I love how you colored the quilt. Wonderful! TFS!

Vivi Casale said...

both cards are totally gorgeous!

Chris said...

Hi Angie, Great job on both cards. Your depth of color is just amazing! I love what you are always able to achieve. Isn't that wheelbarrow stamp adorable? You did a wonderful job!

Xo,
Chris Christensen

catz said...

oh...I have visited here many, many times....love your art! So muach fun! Teresa

Diana Crick said...

Angie, your coloring is beyond perfect, the depth you brings the images to life. The wheelbarrow can indeed be the main focal point, it is brimming with happiness.It is a breath of Spring. As always...incredible!!!
hugs, Diana

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Oh your creations are always inspiring! I took your Distress Ink class, LOVE!! Now I need to find the right paper though. :)

hellerlittle said...

oh I love your both works... they made with love and make me feel Spring TFS ...hellerlittle

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Angie, this is gorgeous! I always love the way you color your images, and I love the papers and well everything!!! Hugs! Leah Ann

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card and amazing coloring!! Really love how you color the wood on the Wheelbarrow!!

Karen said...

You could never disapoint, what lovely cards, I'd never seen the quilt before love it

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Angie, such a gorgeous creation and so perfect for Spring!! Love your coloring and design!! TFS! HUGS

Ruby said...

What stunning cards, your colouring is amazing!

Norma said...

Angie, your cards are stunningly gorgeous!!! Glad I pre-ordered these 2 stamps--just can't wait until I get them. It goes without saying that it's your awesome colouring that makes these images come to life. Love your choice of colours and the beautiful DP's.

Hugs,
Norma

Katheleen said...

Gorgeous colours, love them. I think this tulip wheel barrel is so perfect for spring!

raindropecho said...

These are gorgeous, Angie! Such beautiful cards. And I'm thrilled that you've used the Music Notes stamp - how awesome!

- Ann

raindropecho said...

These are gorgeous, Angie! Such beautiful cards. And I'm thrilled that you've used the Music Notes stamp - how awesome!

- Ann

carrie said...

Wonderful cards! I especially like the layers and colors you chose for Tilda and her Bunny card.

NGCARDS said...

Absolutely stunning work hun! xxx

Nicola said...

Wow, absolutely stunning work!! Love the papers, the colours are so vibrant. Amazing colouring that really brings the images to life! Thanks for sharing
Love Nicola xxx

Rose said...

Your cards are beautiful and your images are exceptional! It was a pleasure to see your work.

Crafteezee said...

Wow Angie, so much eye candy. I love popping by your blog, you give me so much inspiration. Love all the details and your colouring is gorgeous. Hugs Tracy x

Deborah said...

I must say, I love all your cards!
They are sooo beautifull!!!
Greets Deborah

Franca said...

I love it the colours are wonderfull, the image as well and the whole card is just amazing

Franca

Related Posts with Thumbnails