LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dandelion Clock...


Lili of the Valley Challenge - GDT

Hey Everbody!   Today is my third week as Guest Designer for Lily of the Valley Challenges.  I've been having so much fun and can't believe there is only one more week to go.  Boy how time flies when you're having a blast!

This week's LOTV Challenge is: Say it with flowers.  I was so excited to do this challenge because I wanted to use my favorite image from one of the newer releases.  I really hope you enjoy my card and...don't forget to pop on over to the LOTV Challenge blog to see what the rest of the DT has to show you!


Dandelion Clock

 
This adorable image from LOTV is called 'Dandelion Clock' and she's just precious.  I've had her for several weeks and have been way too busy to ink her up.  This was the perfect time! 


The dp's are new from K&Co's 'Sweet Nectar' 6x6 paper pad (Michaels carries them now and you can use a coupon...Yay!)  The colors are so vibrant...I just love them.  All of the flowers were a gift from my good friend Mindy - thank you Mindy!!!  I absolutely love the 2-tone flower and it was my very last one :-(  I made the doily using a new die from Die-Namics - love them!!!  Ribbon is from my stash and the yellow pearls are from Hero Arts.  Cs is both Bazzill and SU.  I applied some stardust Stickles to all of the flowers.


I colored this little darling primarily with Copics and then added the shadows and background using watercolor with DI's.  Here are the color details:

skin - E000, 00, 11
hair - E50, 42, 43, 44
clothes - R20, 22, 24, YG21, 23
wings & flowers - R81, 83, Y11, 21

DI's - weathered wood, tumbled glass, peeled paint, forest moss, shabby shutters, walnut stain

That's all I have for today.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you'll leave me a little note to let me know that you were here :-)

Ciao,

Angie

12 comments:

Carissa said...

Angie, this is darling. I love the bright, fun colours that you have used. Your colouring is gorgeous.
Carissa

Chrissy said...

OH! Angie this is absolutely gorgeous. The colours are amazing, all matching to perfection, with the flowers and ribbon.
Beautiful card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Brook said...

Beautiful card. And those two-tone flowers are just gorgeous! Love it!

Becca Fabozzi said...

OMG Angie, this card is to die for!!!! LOVE the bright colors and the your coloring is divine. Thanks so much for posting the colors you used, I love this color combo. Also, love the papers. I have not seen the K&company papers in 6x6 at my Michaels, but I am definitely gonna keep a lookout! Thanks so much for the amazing inspiration.

Iulia said...

This is gorgeous Angie! What fabulous color choice! Love those magnificent papers and your breathtaking coloring!
Hugs, Iulia

Francesca said...

Beautiful card Angie , so bright and cheerful

Hugs
Francesca

Eseniya said...

Восхитительная открытка!!! Яркая, радостная!!! )) Очень нравится! ))

Molecraft said...

Wow, gorgeous colours and love how you have coloured her!
Helen x

Frea said...

Hi Angie, what a sweety card!! Love the orange and yellow, great spring colours! HUgs,Frea

cdjcape521 said...

Angie, great card! I l-o-o-o-ov=e LOYV, their images are fabby. I noticed you used something for curly-cues in between the flowers, what is it?????
cjcape521@yahoo.com

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Angie, love the colours and pretty embellishments. Its been lovely having you over at LOTV, your cards are gorgeous!!
Clairexx

Sarah said...

this is just stunning! What a fab colour combo! I totally want these papers now. I'm anxiously awaiting my next LOTV shipment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails