LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, February 25, 2011

When I'm Down, You Pick Me Up!

Happy Friday Everyone!!!  Wow, this week has blown past!  My son has been off school for the week.  We've been so busy.  He had a friend sleep over on Wed. night and he spent the day with us.  Then a friend of mine called and asked if I could take care of her son for a bit because her mother is very sick and she needed to take her to the doctor.  That turned into another sleep over.  Today we've got plans with another friend of his and I've invited the boy that slept over to stay for the day.  So, today we've got a full day of kids and fun!  Tomorrow night my son is spending the night at his cousin's house.  Yay!  Mom and Dad will get to go out for a really nice dinner alone!!!

And now for the reason we're here today...I made another card using two stamps from Magnolia's 'You Are So Special' collection.  I am in love with this collection!  The images are so sweet and versatile.  Here's the card I made...it was soooooo much fun to work on :-)


When I'm Down, You Pick Me Up

I've used both #315 Waiting Tilda and #532 Romantic Window on this card.  They are both currently available over at Magnolia-licious so go get yours while they're still in stock!  I've really been enjoying my Copic markers lately and I've been bouncing back and forth between them and the DI's.  These images were colored entirely with Copics.  I really love how it turned out.
Once again I used dp's from Jillibean Soup...luvin' em'!  Cs is Bazzill.  The thick green ribbon is also by Bazzill.  The buttons and string are from my stash.

This card measures 6x6 inches.  Together, the images make such a statement so I embellished very simply so as not to take away from the images.  Not a single flower!  How did that happen???

This is the inside of the card.  It houses the sentiment by Stampendous, but still leaves plenty of space for someone to hand write a message from their heart.

That's it for today!  Thank you so much for popping on over.  If you haven't seen my LOTV GDT card from yesterday, please scroll down if you have a moment.  I'm really proud of it :-)

Thank you everyone for making this even more fun for me!  I truly hope that you get as much fulfullment from your crafts.

Ciao,

Angie

47 comments:

Cricket said...

Absolutely adorable!

Teri said...

Wow, Angie, I'm exhausted reading about your week!! LOL! Your little guy must be a popular boy!! It really is a lot of fun, though, having kids over!!!
Your card is just beautiful!! I do love that new collection and Tilda is so sweet here!!
Have a great dinner with your hubby!!!
Hugs,
Teri

craftymum said...

this is gorgeous Angie
hugs Sarah x

Angela said...

Beautiful card, Angie! I love the scene you created here! That window is gorgeous (there's your flowers) ;) This lovely card doesn't need any more embellishing! And your coloring is fantastic with copics too!

ps. Enjoy your day! Sounds like you had a week filled with kids and sleepovers just like I did! Whew - I'm exhausted! :) hugs, Angela

Stamper Gyrl said...

Your card is adorable!
Tracy

Debra G Smith said...

You have been one busy lady...It can be exhausting. I raised four boy's of my own.
The card is beautiful. I love the color's and of course the coloring you did. Because of you I keep practicing away hoping to get half as good as you. Love stopping by your blog every chance I get.

Beth said...

Adorable, Angie! Have fun today with the kiddies!
Hugs,
Beth
http://bethsbitsofart.blogspot.com

Rene said...

What a perfect sentiment for this little beauty! She seems so sad :(
But your papers are so cheery and beautifully laid out! Have a wonderful dinner sans children :D
Rene

RenateKreativ said...

Absolutely adorable!

Have a nice weekend
Hugs Renate

Scrappymax said...

What a beautiful card and gorgeous colouring. It sounds like your week has been the same as mine with sleepovers, got a free night tonight though yippee.
Max x

Renkata said...

Such a gorgeous card Angie. Love the sentiment.

Vivi Casale said...

stunning card Angie!!
xxx

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhh....this is absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring skills are sheer perfection!

Stampin Mindy said...

Oh this is so sweet! I love this Tilda, you have made such a beautiful scene. The sentiment goes perfect! Beautiful colors and papers.

Hugs, Mindy

Julie said...

Just gorgeous Angie. Every time I see a card you have done, I think "Wow, now I have to have that stamp!"

Hugz,
Julie

Linda said...

Love your card it´s absolutly gorgeous. Hugs Linda

Chris said...

Don't you just love this stamp? I thought it was so sweet. Your card is adorable and the sentiment is wonderful! Love it!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Thea said...

I don't know what to say, this is so beautiful Angie!

Hugs
Thea

patriziawithaz said...

Gorgeous - love the colours x

Barb Hardeman said...

Since you in 'sleep over' mode, I'll send my three to you! LOL How did you find the time to create this beautiful work of art? Love those papers and the ribbon and buttons are perfect with these images...Tilda looks so sad! Maybe that beautiful bright red will lift her spirits...hugs...Barb

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Angie, your cards are a delight to behold. This is so stunning! Wow! hugs Sharon

Molecraft said...

Simply stunning, love the colours, layout, image, everything!
Helen x

Jorunn said...

Stunning!!! ♥♥♥

Klem,
Jorunn

Linda said...

I love this card very very pretty!!!!

cebelica said...

Such a cute card!

Isbel Ahmad said...

So Beautiful!!!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
Another stunner. I love the bright colors of the DP's and the ribbon looks perfect with it.
Your coloring with copics is nothing but perfection. I love the green and yellow of the frock and how you have blended it. Her hair is exceptional. I love that window.
Super job to master both distress inks and copics.
Hugs Maz

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

wow what a really lovely card! NIce colours!

Patti Jo said...

Awwww, soooo precious! Love everything about it Angie!!! Just gorgeous!!!

Frea said...

Hi Angie, they sure are lovely the new Magnolia's and so is your card!! Have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Frea

kaylou said...

aaww this is super gorgeous Angie ... Love it.
Hugs Kaylou xx

cathylynn said...

I Love your card. Your colors are totally AWESOME as always. What a delightful scene. Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Cassy said...

Very sweet card! The colors are so rich and beautiful!
:o)
Cassy

Lisette Morris said...

She's so sweet. I love the scene and your colors. Adorable!

Card Crazy said...

This is a real heart stopper! Beautiful.
Sue S.

Candy said...

Oh Angie!!!
I LOVE your card.
This little Tilda is my favourite of the new collection. She looks so sad. Your card says it all.
What beautiful colouring!! Doesn't matter which medium you use :o)
Love that you kept the images front and centre with little decoration.
Hugs, Candy

Marlies said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the way you masked tilda by the window, lovely papers, great colouring!!
hugs, Marlies

Dawn said...

Such a gorgeous card & beautifully coloured. Love it

carollealindenberg said...

I had to stop and tell you how much I liked your card. You are a true artist.

Carol Lindenberg

Sarah said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I absolutely love it. I really like how you decorate the inside too.

Pat said...

Hi Angie...first, congrats on your LOTV GDT news!! Well deserved, hunny bun!! And secondly...this card is just delightful!! I love each and every element!! Amd going to check out those DPs right now!! Hugs. Pat Frank

Hlora said...

Angie, she is so sweety.
I love the image a lot! It is easy to make these beautiful cards if you have amount of good papers, stamps, ribbons at yours. You are so lucky girl!!!

Sandy said...

Oh Angie, this is so pretty - some people just have a knack for putting perfect papers together and you certainly have that knack. Again let me congratulate you on your LOTV GDT honor - You are extremely talented and this card is a jewel!
Hugs,
sandy

*Vicki* said...

Oh she's so precious Angie!! I love your coloring and your sweet design!! So very beautiful!! TFS! HUGS

Lori said...

Awesome Angie!!! With your amazing coloring, who needs all the extra embellishments? I LOVE your beautiful card :)

Have loads of fun with the kiddos!

Love n hugs,
Lori

Harma said...

Hi Angie.
Oh she's so precious, I love your coloring and your sweet design! So very beautiful!Congrats on your LOTV GDT honor.
Hope you had a nice dinner with your DH
Hugs harma

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet masking and pretty card Angie :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Related Posts with Thumbnails