LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Friday, February 4, 2011

Spreading a little love...

Magnolia-licious DT Challenge

Hi Everyone!  This week has absolutely flown by!  I've been playing 'catch up' since I got home from CHA.  I finally got my act together and finished my Magnolia-licious DT challenge card.  Yes, IT'S CHALLENGE TIME AGAIN!  YAY!  This month Pattie Jo has challenged us with a recipe:  hearts, pink, white and silver.  All of the DT girls have prepared something fantastic!  You can catch the details of the challenge over at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog, where you can also play along and be in the running for a fab 'Maggie' prize.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Oh yeah, I entered this card into the following challenges:

Just Magnolia & Hanglar - Anything Goes

Double Dutch Challenges -Valentines

Paptertake Weekly - Anything Goes + Flowers

Stamptacular Sunday Challenges - Whateva!

Copic Creations - Cool

Paper Sundaes - Valentines Day


Here's my take on the challenge:


Tilda Spreads Love
This little darling is #292 Tilda Spreads Love and she's from Magnolia's new You're So Special collection.  She's my favorite image from this collection and she's currently available for purchase over at Magnolia-licious.  So, I love this image, but I'm not completely in love with how my card turned out.  I decided to color this image with Copics only, because I purchased some new paper - Cryogen.  I really like how the Copics blend on this paper, but the paper is slightly off white in color and it makes the marker colors appear darker too.  I'm also getting used to how the ink instantly soaks into the paper (this doesn't happen with the Artist Marker Pad that I'm used to working with).  Anyway, because of these changes, the colors are darker than I'm used to and Tilda ended up looking a bit flush.  I'll have to adjust my skin tones with the next image that I color on this paper.  I'll definitely use it again because the markers blend beautifully on it.  Anyway, another thing I'm not happy with is the silver heart and how it was captured on camera.  It's a white paper doily that I sprayed with Maya Mist - Silver and it looks really cool in person!  The camera makes it look charcoal grey and I couldn't do anything to fix it.  Bummer :-(  Another thing the camera didn't capture well is the pink background that I have around the image.  It's really pretty in person.  Finally, I used my sewing machine to zig-zag the dp's to the cs, and....let me tell you my friend...it's not nearly as easy as it looks!  My zig-zagging technique is going to require a lot of practice!!!  So, some of the things that I don't like are really obvious, and some of the things that I do like didn't photograph well.  Oh well!

So, on to the things that I really like about this card...The gorgeous dp's are Imaginisce "Enchanted".  They're 'princess' papers, but many of them fit perfectly with Valentine's Day.  All cs is by Bazzill - love their paper!  The white tulle, pearls and pins are from my stash and they really add nice texture to the card.  I used a new MS heart border punch around the image and I think it's stunning.  The image, by the way, was cut with a Spellbinder's Nestabilities oval die.  The huge rose in the center of the tulle is from WOC and I've been waiting for an opportunity to use it.  This card is larger than my usual, 6x6 finished, and it seemed like it could definitely handle the large rose.

My New Year's 'craft' Resolution is to finish the inside of all of my cards.  So, here is the inside of this card.  The paper doily is exactly as the one on the cover started out.  The sentiment is new but I can't remember the manufacturer.  The hearts were cut with a Spellbinder's die.

This card is currently listed for sale in my new Etsy Shop: ScrapGirlAngie!

Well, that's it for me today.  I hope you enjoyed my card, even after I went on and on about all that I found wrong with it.  I guess some craft days are better than others :-)  Thanks so much for stopping by.

Ciao,

Angie

39 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

Hey Angie!!

I LOVE this card. I know pink isn't your first choice of color, but you do it so well ;) I love the MS heart punch and the zig zag. I wish I had a sewing machine.. I'm just too lazy to do it by hand. Stunning card, my friend. :)

Hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet & romantic card. Love the elegant lace and the fun way of the hearts on this layout. Awesome creation Angie :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome job Angie! I'm so proud of you for giving the Cryogen a try (it's my favorite). Your sewing looks great to me and your finishing touches on the inside are fabulous! Love that MS punch!
Hugs,
Barb

Chris said...

You really critiqued yourself, Angie! I could only hope to do work like yours in my dreams! Your card is adorable. I can imagine the silver heart - clever to use the mist. I love the movement of that stamp. Tilda almost looks like she's cheering! Your jeans look fabulous! I love your work!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Myrna said...

I have this paper too and it is perfect for little girls or Valentine's Day. LOVE the heart punch around the oval!! Love your coloring Angie!

Sandy said...

Angie - this card is gorgeous inside and out! Enjoyed all your photos.
Sandy

Shelly said...

Your card is really pretty Angie! We are our own worst critics! What you see as flaws, I see as gorgeous! I do the same thing to about my cards, I tried to draw a table behind Tilda and it came out crooked =)
hugs,
Shell

Deana said...

Your card is adorable! I especially like the way you have colored her hair. Another beautiful creation!

Hugs,
Deana

RubyM:) said...

HI Angie lol!!!
I sa wteh card before i read your post.I had to go back and see whose blog was i on lol!!???

I was like what did she do differentt? Why does it look bright lol!!! OHHHH you changed papers lol!!! You did great and believe me no adjustments are needed.TFS Cha pixs lol!

You must of had a blast huh??
Listen just because you switched papers doesn't mean your not teaching me how to color on your Bee paper lol!! Your going to CHA Chicago Right???

I'll be there with my paper and markers early in the morning tee he he.I'll have coffee for you ((smiles))Gorgeous work as always hun,RubyM:)

Karen's Fun Blog said...

This is so beautiful, inside and out!! : )

Jean said...

A great card Angie. And as they say, we are our own worst critics, but this card is great and I think you did a great job.. Love everything about it.. I especially love this Tilda and your coloring is so perfect.. everything is great.. Love the heart and am sure the silver is lighter and love the hearts around the oval.. great job...
Hugs, Jean

Card Crazy said...

Darling, darling. How I do love your flourishes. So elegant and playful at the same time.
Sue S.

Rene said...

Oh Angie! I think she's beautiful! I love the extra little flush she has...she's in love you know!
And I love that your crafting resolution was to finish the inside of your cards! You did a beautiful job on both the outside and inside!
Rene :D

Sharon Caudle said...

You're way too hard on yourself! :) Sorry it didn't photograph well for you. I hate it when that happens. But I think your card is beautiful!! I'm sure it looks even more amazing in person. Have a wonderful, restful weekend, Angie!
hugs, Sharon

Edna said...

Love it!!!!

angel4031 said...

Angie I tink your card is gorgeous! I like te flushed look to Tilda....shes been busy spreading love that she got a bit warm & that gave her lovely rosie cheeks!!! xxx

Cordine said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

She's adorable, lovely colors!
Bye Mascha

Chiara said...

Oh, this card is fantastic!!!! :)

ciao ciao
Chiara

Angela said...

Hi Angie, I think your card turned out beautifully despite your misgivings. Love your layout and design and your coloring is lovely. I like your Resolution to finish off the insides of your card - I should make the same! Love that sweet sentiment!
hugs, Angela

Christina C. said...

We are always our own worst critic!!!!
Your card is GORGEOUS....love this Tilda and you colored her to perfection! Beautiful layout!!

Deeanna said...

Very pretty card.. You do great work..:}

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and fab colours! I know what you mean about cameras, it never looks the same! Great stitching too!
Helen x

Cricket said...

Your card is gorgeous.

Eulanda said...

Angie this is absolutely gorgeous!! I like the darker colors but I color that way on purpose so I'm use to it. I have finally bought some of the lighter shades to see if I can make a Tilda all light and fluffy. LOL!!! I love the dark heart in the background. Very striking and your heart border is beautiful!!

Gemma said...

Really fab card, lovely details every where! And the inside of it is just as beautiful! Thank you for joining us at SSC this week, we still need new DT-members, so please check our site if you want to join us! Have a nice weekend, Gemma

Karin said...

I love you're card. It looks beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Double Dutch!

Fiona said...

gorgeous card Angie...fab colouring and fab papers and I love the flower. Thanks for joining us at paper sundaes this week.

Fi
x

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous and so beautifully colored! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing Stamptacular Sunday's "Whateva" Challenge this week!

Jane H said...

angie you always do such beautiful work! this card is precious!

Skraptacular Designs said...

Thank you so much for participating in our "Whateva!" challenge this week at Stamptacular! Your submission is absolutely wonderful and so inspirational!

Also, in case you're interested, we're in the middle of a DT Call and would love for you to apply! You can find detailed information on what is required and how to apply on our Challenge Blog...http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com!

Thanks again for joining us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Céline said...

so fantastic card, love the punch around the image, amazing colouring
thanks for playing with us this week at stamptacular sunday
hugs
céline

Cheryl said...

So gorgeous, Angie! Love her blue jeans and pretty top! Great papers and layout on the whole card! It's beautiful!

Leslie Avila said...

Angie,
Lovely lovely card. I just love the new images and of course, your shading is stellar! Loved seeing the photos from CHA. It looked like all of you gals had a great time.
Blessings to you~
Leslie

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

I know just what you mean about a card not photographing as you see it IRL, Angie. Drives ya straight bonkers. LOL

But putting that aside.......it's still a very pretty card! I love that Tilda. And you colored her beautifully.

Huggies ~ Sharron♥

Jill said...

beautiful card Angie thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

HandmadebyTLC said...

I really love that Tilda! She's got so much attitude :) you copic so well, I hope to learn alot from your class. :)

cocoa said...

Gorgeous card, I really like the heart punch.
Hugs,
Linda

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wowzers, what a great card and wonderful coloring. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails