LITTLE DARLINGS DESIGN TEAM INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful LD DT Inspirational projects over at Little Darlings Design Team Inspirations!!


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Everything...

Hi Everybody!  I hope you're all having a super duper weekend.  Mine has been relaxing so far.  Hubby took our son to the movies and now he's dropping him off at grandma's house.  Looks like hubby and I will get to have a few hours of quiet together :-)  While they were at the movies, I took advantage of the alone time and spent it in my craft studio.  I have some new LOTV stamps and I've been wanting to ink one up.  Here's how it turned out...


Happy Everything 

This adorable image is LOTV's 'Love Grows' and it's from their new release.  I paired it with K&Co's 'McKenna' dp's and SU cs.  I followed the sketch from the LOTV Challenge Blog and it was so much fun to work with. 

You can see in these photos that, although I followed the layout of the sketch, I did a little something extra fun with it.  I made the top layer the flap that opens to reveal the inside of the card.  Not easy to take photos to show the effect though!  Anyway, I'm entering this card in the LOTV challenge and I'm crossing my fingers!

The flowers are from WOC and I added greenery using a MS branch punch.  The sentiment and butterfly tickets were made using my new Whimsy Stamps set with matching die.  The silk ribbon and pearls are from my stash. 

Here's a better view of the inside.  I left an area for someone to write a personal message to the recipient.


I colored the image with a combo of Copic markers and watercolors with Ranger distress inks.  Here are the details:

Copics:  E000, 00, 11, 43, 44, R20, N1, 3, 5

DI's:  antique linen, vintage photo, walnut stain, black soot, weathered wood, tumbled glass, fired brick, spun sugar, shabby shutters, pine needles, forest moss

This card is currently for sale in my Etsy Shop!

That's all I have for today.  I hope you enjoyed my creation :-)  Thanks so much for stopping by.

Ciao,

Angie

15 comments:

Molecraft said...

Stunning card, love the design and beautifully coloured!
Helen x

Nancy said...

Oh this is just beautiful! I love the unique way it opens. Thanks so much for sharing.

Stampin Mindy said...

Looks like we were both in a LOTV mood today! I love your card. Very creative with the way it opens. I need to start thinking out of the box more.. I love the stitching and papers. It's PINK too, so that makes me love it more!!!

Have a great time with your hubby! Treasure the quiet time!

Hugs, Mindy

Dorcas said...

Wow! Beautiful coloring!

Angela Marie said...

such a pretty card and your coloring is amazing!

Lori said...

Very pretty Angie! I LOVE the sketch!!! Hope you enjoyed your quiet time with hubby ♥

Love and hugs ~ Lori

Monique said...

Oh, this is so adorable Angie !

Hugs Monique

Lisa said...

I love this card! It is so beautiful.

Sheri said...

Oh geez Angie..you're going to make me go broke! Too adorable for words!I love your shading especially though! GORGEOUS!

Jean said...

Angie, this card is so adorable and love how you created your card with the top layer smaller than the back.. it shows the back and it is beautiful.. of course the front is absolutely gorgeous and the LOTV little ones are so precious, your coloring of then us perfect and yoru layout is over the top... great card...
Hugs, Jean

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, love it.
luv
Debby

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous love your colours, thanks for joining us on our sketch challenge at Lili of the Valley, big hugs love Pops x x x

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Angie

Congratulations on making guest designer over at Lili - quite rightly deserved too - this is totally beautiful, stunning work and just perfect.

K

Jenn said...

Wow, so beautiful. I love how you coloured in the image. TFS :)
Jenn
craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com

Kahvinpapu said...

This is so stunning card, all those lovely details are great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails