LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Friends...


Lili of the Valley GDT and Sneak Peek

Hey Everybody!!!  It's time for another LOVT challenge!  This is my first week as a Guest Designer and it just happens to be time for some sneak peeks of a new collection that is coming in March.  Yay!!!  I'm so excited about this release.  The images are just darling!!!  No surprise there :-)

I'm sure you'll want to see what the DT girls have come up with.  If you haven't been there already, be sure to visit the LOTV Challenge Blog for all of the details of the challenge and the samples from the DT girls.  They're sure to knock your socks off!!!

This week's challenge is to create a card using circles or dots...or in my case, both!  When I heard what the theme would be, I knew instantly that I wanted to make a circle easel card.  I just happened to have the circle shaped Spellbinders Grand Nesties and they were perfect for this card.  Here it is...I hope you enjoy it :-)


Friends...

Here's the front of the card.  Because I had so many circles and dots on this card, I decided to cut the image into a rectangle so it would stand out more.  Isn't this image of a little bunny cupcake party just the cutest thing???  It really makes me want a snack...Mmm Mmm Good!

The dp's are from Jillibean Soup "Blossom Soup" and they're my favorites right now.  All cs is by Bazzill.  The beautiful and perfectly matched little flowers are from WOC.  The dotted ribbon, lace, doily, and gems are from my stash.  The gems started out clear, but I coated them with a Copic marker so they would match my color scheme.  I roughed up all of the edges with my Zutter Distrezz-It-All.  It's very noisy, but I love it.  I rubbed the edges with a bit of Ranger DI in 'frayed burlap' to give it a bit of age.  The perimeter of the large dp circles got a coat of stardust Stickles for a little bit of shine - it's hard to see on camera but it really make a difference up close.


The sentiment on the front cover is by Magnolia.  The sentiment on the inside is by Stampendous.  This sentiment was cut and backed using two EK Success punches.  Lastly, I painted the image using watercolor with Ranger Distress Inks.

I really hope you enjoyed my first project as a LOTV Guest Designer.  This is something I've wanted to do for quite some time now and I'm so fortunate to have been given the opportunity.  I truly enjoyed working with this image and making this card.  If you have a moment, I would really appreciate it if you would leave me a comment letting me know what you think about my project.  Your comments always bring a smile to my face.  Rest assured, I read each and every one of them :-)

Ciao,

Angie

38 comments:

Fleur said...

OMG Angie this is absoloutly gorgeous, i love the shape & the distressing is perfect
Hugz fleur xXx

QC Kelsey said...

It's beautiful! I don't think it is noisy at all - I think the layers and colors and patterns all work together perfectly to make a very sophisticated but sweet card. :)

Angela Marie said...

This is just so cute! I love the circle shape. and the colors are so happy and cheerful. I really enjoying looking at your work,and being inspired.

Beth said...

Angie, love your circle easel card! The image is adorable, and perfectly colored, as usual! Cute, cute, cute!
Hugs,
Beth

http://bethsbitsofart.blogspot.com

Patricia St Martin said...

Angie, This is adorable. You did a wonderful job. I love everything you do.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Very cute card. I've not tried this easel card in a circle. May give it a whirl!

Gina L said...

I feel like I am always using words like stunning, gorgeous, awesome, adorable, et when I talk about your cards, but that's because they are! I love these papers and all of the circles. Great distressing and coloring, too!

Kelly Schelske said...

I think it's a super fun project!

Dorcas said...

SO cute!!

Angela said...

OMgosh that is just the cutest image ever! Those bunnies looks so soft and fuzzy! Beautiful coloring Angie! hugs, Angela

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Wow, Angie! This card is FABulous! Love those cute little bunnies! Darling! And of course your coloring is amazing! Beautiful work!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Iulia said...

Grgeous sweet little card, Angie! These new stamps are simply adorable! Aren't they all?:)
Amazing coloring and such sweet soft colors! You did a great job!
Hugs, Iulia

Ageeth Holster said...

Hi Angie, Love your card!!!!!!!! nice colours, lovely paper and the image is so sweet.
Hugs Ageeth xx

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

what a lovely and cute card, i really like it. I love the colours you used and the stamp is so sweet!

Laila said...

OMG + WOOOW. This image is just the cutest. And you card is stunning. All colours, embellies and papers come together perfectly. Would love to have this in my mailbox. LOVE IT.
Hugs Laila

http://blog.lolapigen.dk

Silvie Z said...

This is so pretty Angie! Love the shape of your card and the darling LOTV image! Great choice of papers too! WOnderful job!
Hugs,
Silvie

Frea said...

Hi Angie, can't believe I totally missed this card yesterday! Love this round easelcard! And the image is just so LOTV! Pretty!!! Love your colouring too! HUgs, Frea

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This is such a cute card.
Your coloring is magnificent and the details perfect.
You are sooo talented!

Hugs from Sweden/Gunilla

Little K Smith said...

Hi Angie
Well done on your GDT position at LOTV! Well deserved, your work is stunning! This is a gorgeous card and I just adore the new images, can't wait for them :)
Kelly.x

Scrappymax said...

Gorgeous card and what a wonder first creation for your new dt position.
Max x

Dena said...

Angie! Your card is so beautiful! I'm so glad you could be our GDT for Lili of the Valley!
Hugs, Dena

Brook said...

Sweet easel card. Love it!

Teri said...

Oh Angie! This is ADORABLE!!! The coloring is beyond perfect... if there is such a place!!! I love the circle card, it just fits for this CA-UTE!!!!! image!! Awesome, awesome work!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Suzanne said...

An absolutely gorgeous card. The image is so cute too x

Sarah said...

Wow Angie, this card is so incredible! Your coloring is really stunning. I love your shadows, and intense color contrasts, and the watercolor effect around the bunnies. I looked at this for ages, love it!!

Rosie said...

Oh my word Angie, this is stunning! They are lucky to have you as a guest designer cause you're making me want to go buy all their stamps! You did an amazing job showcasing this stamp! The card is fabulous!! Hugs, Rosemary

Niki Estes said...

Angie, this is just adorable! I love everything about your card and the new image is so cute, too!

Joy said...

Your creations are absolutely beautiful. I have only just stumbled on your blog but it is so inspirational. How do you create the backgrounds to your images? Have you done any tutorials for the backgrounds? I would love to learn more.

Joy x

Nikki said...

Angie this is beautifully colored I love how watercolors just leave that soft bg you've done a stunning job on your GD project
hugs Nikki

Joan V said...

Angie, this is so stunning. And I just love that image. You did a beautiful job.

Hlora said...

Angie, it is cute a lot!! The image is fantastic!!!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

ANGIE!!***GASPING*** OK please don't get mad at me but this has to be my favorite card of them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw hit hard on my laptop!! WOMAN YOU ARE SO GOOD and you inspired me not to give up on your paper lmbo!!!! I will have to try it again but it's soooo hard lol!!!!!

Don't be surprise when i meet you.I probably will be peeking over your coloring lol!!! BEAUTIFUL CARD!Calling dibs on it lol!!! ((hugs))RubyM:)♥

Stampin Mindy said...

Angie,
This is gorgeous! I love the way your coloring came out. Their fur looks soooo soft. Beautiful work.

Hugs, Mindy

Sallie's Place said...

Wow this is amazing the colouring is gorgeous wish I could colour this well. The card would really stand out on anyone's mantlepiece making me want to pick it up and take a closer look. Well done.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
These are the sweetest little bunnies. Your coloring is magical.
Love the color of your background shading. It's all very beautiful.
The DP's. ribbon with roses. Most of all the way you have colored with the distress inks is outstanding.
Very classy Angie.
Hugs Maz

Cheryl said...

I saw your card on the LOTV challenge blog and had to stop by. Your card is gorgeous! I love the yummy combination of papers you used and your coloring is beautiful

Sandy said...

Oh this cad is so darn cute I just can't stand it and now I have to pop on over to LOTV and buy this stamp - I love this cute card!!!
Sandy

Marcea said...

Absolutely beautiful card! I am so happy you are joining us as GDT this month, your work is fabulous
xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails