LDRS Creative Design Team INSPIRATIONS!!!

Check out the beautiful inspirational projects over at LDRS Creative Inspirations!!


Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ellie Elephant...

Good Afternoon Everyone!  Oh what a busy day so far!  I spent all morning grocery shopping and working on 'business stuff' and I'm exhausted!!!  Time for a little fun now.  I've earned it :-)

I hope you're all signing up for my CANDY!  I'm so sorry that the little 'froggie' thingy didn't work.  Sometimes you try something new and it just doesn't work out!  I'll try to get it right next time.

I've got a cute little card for you today.  I bought these Stamposaurus stamps a little while back and I finally found some time to ink one up.  They are just adorable!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Sweet Stampin Challenge - Spring Flowers

Copic Creations - We're Cool

Sir Stampalot Challenge- All Creatures Great and Small

Paperplay Challenges - Stamp It Out

I hope you enjoy my card :-)


Ellie Elephant
This little sweetie is 'Ellie Elephant'.  She's absolutely precious!  Oh boy does she make me think of spring!!!  I colored her up with some Copics and cut with my Spellbinders die.  The background was also cut with a SB die.  The sweet little swirls were cut with a die by Marianne Designs.   It's so delicate and worked perfectly with this project.

I wanted to do a little something different this time so I folded the card down the middle like a tent.  I love how the image pops up and really stands out.  The dp's are from BG's 'Green at Heart' collection.  The lace is from my stash.  I threaded some of it with some string and pulled it together to form a flower.  The purple and pink flowers are all from WOC and I've covered them with stardust Stickles.  I've also got some green Stickles on the swirls.

This is how it looks if it's lying flat.  The finished size is 5.5" x 5.5".  The sentiment is from a new set that I got from Whimsy Stamps...they're called 'Friendship'.  It has a really nice ticket die that is sold separately.  It makes it really easy to cut out the stamped sentiment.  Just love it!

Well, that's it for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  You can find this card for sale at my Etsy Shop.

Ciao,

Angie

22 comments:

Miranda de Groot said...

Wow what a cute little elephant
Hugs Miranda

Laila said...

aww, what a sweetheart, that little elephant. I really love the card, and I got inspired and will try to make a "tent" card for my next project :o)
Hugs Laila

http://blog.lolapigen.dk

Maryann said...

This little elephant is just so cute. Teally great work, you´ve done here again my friend. I love to see all your awesome crreations here.

Larisa said...

Oh, what a nice card! very beautiful elephant!!! Great job!!

Stampin Mindy said...

OMG! Angie!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE this. Love the pink, and the stamp is just darling. Very creative with the different fold. Beautiful card!!!!

Hugs!

Tracey T said...

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful. The lace is stunning and I love the shape of your card - the attention to detail is amazing. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

Sally H said...

Fabulous card, Angie - so cute! Thanks for joining in the animal antics at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Cecelia said...

Absolutley beautiful! I love the lace and your lace flower is brilliant. Love how the card lays out flat and can still fit into an envelope. The image is so darling. Love, Love, Love it!

Hugs x
Cecelia B

Nancy said...

How cute! I love every element. Ellie is adorable and the way you folded the card is great. I will bookmark the site for the ticket and sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angie!
I love Ellie. she is so cute.
Love the shape of your card too. Must have a go at one if these. love the lace and flower you created with it. Lovely coloring with the Copics.
Hugs Maz

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card, love it!
Helen x

Angélique said...

Love your card! Got these stamps as well, bought them last September in London at the Stamp&Scrapbooking Show, but they haven't seen any ink yet :-\
After your card, I'm sure they will pretty soon :)
TFS :)

Cheryl Valadez said...

Absolutely stunning!

sandra said...

So sweeet!
I love every detail!
And this fold is perfect!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Francesca said...

A great card

Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Deirdre said...

Angie, this is just simply stunning.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our "Stamp it Out" Challenge. ♥

pinky said...

Its so so cute. Just love that little crocheted flower. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Clare *Littlebear* said...

How adorable! I love the lace flower you have made.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

mamapez5 said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the lace flower. I make bobbin lace which I want to incorporate into my craft so you have inspired me. Thanks. Kate

Teresa said...

Beautiful Card! I love all your cards and this one is a stunner. I love the way you've made the circle the focal point and the image is just wonderful and beautifully coloured as always. Hugs, Teresa x

cebelica said...

Such a cute card! I love it! <3 I just came around your blog and I must say I LOVE your creations. I'm about to hit that "follow" button because I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next. :)

Hugs!

Sandy said...

Angie - do you know how to tell if there is an elephant in bed with You?
You can smell peanut butter on his breath! Cute as a bug in a rug!! I love the way you have made this card .. I wanna do it!!
Sandy

Related Posts with Thumbnails